Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Jacks open thread [2022]

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The big question: Which memeber of Coach's Malloe's historic coup of a recruiting class will be the greatest Husky Legend?
    -Draco Bynum
    -Noa Ngalu
    -Faatui Tuitele
    -Jacob Bandes
    -Saama Paama
    -Liatu Latu

Latu rather easily. It ain’t happening for the rest of them. Small chance Tuitele is a serviceable back up, low end starter, but he’s been mostly capped out physically since high school and is a tweezer. Not big and strong enough to plug the run. Not quick and disruptive enough to be consistently disruptive.
    I forgot that Liatu did actually play in a couple games for us and got a safety against Sacramento State or something like that. You're right. He's likely the legend
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The big question: Which memeber of Coach's Malloe's historic coup of a recruiting class will be the greatest Husky Legend?
    -Draco Bynum
    -Noa Ngalu
    -Faatui Tuitele
    -Jacob Bandes
    -Saama Paama
    -Liatu Latu

Latu rather easily. It ain’t happening for the rest of them. Small chance Tuitele is a serviceable back up, low end starter, but he’s been mostly capped out physically since high school and is a tweezer. Not big and strong enough to plug the run. Not quick and disruptive enough to be consistently disruptive.
    I forgot that Liatu did actually play in a couple games for us and got a safety against Sacramento State or something like that. You're right. He's likely the legend
    He also rode the portal to UCLA and is looking night and day. Night and day. So there's still a possibility he could and up an AA or something and crush the rest of that list.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061
    Paama was probably the best. COVID sabbatical back home and never returned🤷‍♂️
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He easily had the most potential of the bunch along with Latu.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

-Draco Bynum
    -Noa Ngalu
    -Faatui Tuitele
    -Jacob Bandes
    -Saama Paama
    -Liatu Latu

He also rode the portal to UCLA and is looking night and day. Night and day. So there's still a possibility he could and up an AA or something and crush the rest of that list.
    I thought he had to transfer because UW would not clear him to play?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

-Draco Bynum
    -Noa Ngalu
    -Faatui Tuitele
    -Jacob Bandes
    -Saama Paama
    -Liatu Latu

Correct. Spinal thing.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

-Draco Bynum
    -Noa Ngalu
    -Faatui Tuitele
    -Jacob Bandes
    -Saama Paama
    -Liatu Latu

I always hate when schools do this type of dumb shit. They seem to always end up fine after going to other schools. I haven’t seen it happen much at UW, but at other places.
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

-Draco Bynum
    -Noa Ngalu
    -Faatui Tuitele
    -Jacob Bandes
    -Saama Paama
    -Liatu Latu

I always hate when schools do this type of dumb shit. They seem to always end up fine after going to other schools. I haven’t seen it happen much at UW, but at other places.
    Weirdly, the last time I heard about it, it was an OLB being forced to transfer away from UCLA because they wouldn't clear him. Now it's a UW OLB transferring to UCLA for the same reason.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

-Draco Bynum
    -Noa Ngalu
    -Faatui Tuitele
    -Jacob Bandes
    -Saama Paama
    -Liatu Latu

Weirdly, the last time I heard about it, it was an OLB being forced to transfer away from UCLA because they wouldn't clear him. Now it's a UW OLB transferring to UCLA for the same reason.
    UW retired Austin Joyner. He wanted to come back. He's up in B.C. playing in the CFL.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

-Draco Bynum
    -Noa Ngalu
    -Faatui Tuitele
    -Jacob Bandes
    -Saama Paama
    -Liatu Latu

UW retired Austin Joyner. He wanted to come back. He's up in B.C. playing in the CFL.
    It sucked when he went down in 2018 I think it was. He hit like a motherfucker and we needed that in 19.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

-Draco Bynum
    -Noa Ngalu
    -Faatui Tuitele
    -Jacob Bandes
    -Saama Paama
    -Liatu Latu

It may end up being Bynum as he will be the only one left by fall 2023
    Standard Supporter
    Sounds like Draco Bynum, Jordan Lolohea, and Emeka Megwa sold their couches. No longer listed in the roster
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club

Sounds like Draco Bynum, Jordan Lolohea, and Emeka Megwa sold their couches. No longer listed in the roster

Was Megwa a RB from Texas? I thought he was supposed to be decent.
    Standard Supporter

Sounds like he was a lemon (party). Injured before he got here and never able to recover.

There's also the posibility that he will tear it up for someone else next year after getting a year of free medical treatment on UWs dime.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    MegwaTron is gone? Great
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2022

Sounds like he was a lemon (party). Injured before he got here and never able to recover.

There's also the posibility that he will tear it up for someone else next year after getting a year of free medical treatment on UWs dime.
    That was the rumor. Also explains why the coaches took 81 running back from the portal this year

Edit: not surprised about Bynum. Thought Lolohea would say around a bit, but maybe he had a change of heart after the mormon mission
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Bynum got a free education from UW and got out. How the fuck was he a 4 star recruit?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

Bynum got a free education from UW and got out. How the fuck was he a 4 star recruit?

Because recruiting rankings are for dumb fucks with nothing better to look at in the off-season other than Fatters/Biggins .5 inches of thunder.

That's why the board qucks here are all over it.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Might as well revive this thread since fall camp starts Thursday.

I like the stat about the best pass defense in FBS last year. Such an awful misnomer.