Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sekai Afoa-Asoau, 3* 2022 (JC) DL/EDGE, (Fife/San Mateo JC) (Committed)

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

"Asoau-Afoa's other choices include a who's who of lower-level schools in Alabama A&M, Buffalo, Campbell, Idaho State, Jacksonville State, Lamar, Lynchburg, Nevada, North Texas, Northern Arizona, Robert Morris, Southern Utah, Tarleton, UTEP, Weber State and Western Illinois."

Hat on the table

I blame Pete/Lake/Gregory for the current situation at LB, but I'm not impressed with how DeBoer is addressing it.

Cam Bright was great, but he's here 1 year and gone. This is supposed to build depth, but it doesn't really leave you inspired
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

"Asoau-Afoa's other choices include a who's who of lower-level schools in Alabama A&M, Buffalo, Campbell, Idaho State, Jacksonville State, Lamar, Lynchburg, Nevada, North Texas, Northern Arizona, Robert Morris, Southern Utah, Tarleton, UTEP, Weber State and Western Illinois."

Hat on the table

I blame Pete/Lake/Gregory for the current situation at LB, but I'm not impressed with how DeBoer is addressing it.

Cam Bright was great, but he's here 1 year and gone. This is supposed to build depth, but it doesn't really leave you inspired
    The guy who just committed looks good to me. Good enough that I'll be somewhat surprised if he stays with UW.
    So that's one...maybe.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    20 tackles at a Junior College! Sign him up.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

20 tackles at a Junior College! Sign him up.

He's visiting this weekend and will probably commit. He can't be less impressive than the guys we've had at DT the last few years
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @RoadDawg55, I agree with just about everything you typed out there, but Tuitele is definitely a weird one. In other threads, you've pointed out that a true blue chip player should really stand out and be wrecking shit in high school. I'm on your side in that argument, for what it's worth. The thing with Tuitele is it wasn't just star rating and "physical freak" stuff, but that his film showed exactly that: He seemed completely unblockable in high school. His film was similar to JTT's. Then the whole torn pec thing was one of the stranger things I'd seen in recruiting. "Wait, so you're just not going to get that fixed? One arm is plenty for D1 football?"

It never made sense and still doesn't make sense. I don't know what his deal is when it comes to not living up to expectations, be it from the pec that was never fixed or just a complete misevaluation, but I definitely expected more from him.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022

@RoadDawg55, I agree with just about everything you typed out there, but Tuitele is definitely a weird one. In other threads, you've pointed out that a true blue chip player should really stand out and be wrecking shit in high school. I'm on your side in that argument, for what it's worth. The thing with Tuitele is it wasn't just star rating and "physical freak" stuff, but that his film showed exactly that: He seemed completely unblockable in high school. His film was similar to JTT's. Then the whole torn pec thing was one of the stranger things I'd seen in recruiting. "Wait, so you're just not going to get that fixed? One arm is plenty for D1 football?"

It never made sense and still doesn't make sense. I don't know what his deal is when it comes to not living up to expectations, be it from the pec that was never fixed or just a complete misevaluation, but I definitely expected more from him.

He was also a guy that went from being in the top 10-15 recruits (edit: #9) in the country to ending at #83. When that happens, it’s almost always a bad sign. They don’t like to drop guys that far, so it often means they peaked early.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He was also a guy that went from being in the top 10-15 recruits (edit: #9) in the country to ending at #83. When that happens, it’s almost always a bad sign. They don’t like to drop guys that far, so it often means they peaked early.
    It is so stupid to rank these kids and assign stars to them when they are freshmen and sophomores in high school. Foster Sarell, Savell Smalls, Julien Simon. None of those guys who were ranked as freshmen in high school have amounted to shit. Even, Kayvon Thibedeaux, who had success in college, came nowhere close to living up to his billing as a "once in a decade" talent. Would I trade his production at Oregon for what we got from Greg Gaines, Sydney Jones, or Vita Vea? No.

It's also a business. I have no doubt that the "talent scouts" for 247 are getting money under the table from coaches, parents, etc. How much more money did Josh Connerly get for getting bumped up to a 5* rather than staying at a 4? Will he have a more productive career than Nick Harris? Maybe? If Jayden Wayne has a mediocre senior season and drops out of the top 20 players or whatever, how much money in NIL does that cost him and his handlers? How many clicks does it cost 247? Once they assign these arbitrary rankings to 15 year old kids, they essentially have to stick with them
    I trust the coaches...

because it's like the Wild West right now!
  • TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 461
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Article said he’s a redshirt junior. Is that possible in junior college?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club

Article said he’s a redshirt junior. Is that possible in junior college?

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have a raging doog right now. Big time pick up.

GOOO!!!!
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989

GOOO!!!!
    Dude was a Central Washington signee at one poont.

AOG will be thrilled.
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    He looks raw as hell but seeing someone absolutely fly around the field and try to make plays like he does on his tape is pretty refreshing
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

GOOO!!!!
    Dude was a Central Washington signee at one poont.

AOG will be thrilled.
    From 5 days ago and in the pinned thread at the top:

Recent offers going out. Don't ask me if any are good. I'm so desperate I'll doog for the next 1 star who commits. - huskyhooligan