Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Snippet from today's article in The Athletic

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

In the end DeBoer until proven otherwise is a discounted knock off version of Petersen

I'm okay with this as long as he doesn't walk away after 2 Pac12 championships but failing to win any NY6 games.
    In terms of development and focus on team chemistry and all that, sure.

But Petersen rolled out a stale shit offense for 6 years, so the comparison ends there and "Teq" conveniently leaves that PowerPoint slide out.

Cohen deserving to be fired while also getting the right coach can both be true.
    I don’t care what you roll out if you have the “success” that Petersen had … DeBoer will do well to sniff that success
    Petersen had 3 good seasons in 6 years and one of those (2017) he underachieved.

And he was burned out before even taking the job. Wouldn't read the room and change his offense.

I'll take a humble coach who lost 3 games in a stint over some coach that was stressing balls because he couldn't live up to his fluff fucking mountain west record.

Fuck off doog.
    Well, that’s one way to look at I suppose.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Cohen replied, in part: “There’s two issues at Washington that are concerning. One is that people are so breaking the rules with inducement. They’re taking kids away from schools. Until the NCAA starts to enforce it — and I think they will make an example of a couple schools. I think they have to. There’s a lot of pressure to do that. But we’re not going to be in that lane. You don’t want us to be in that lane. But we are in the lane of trying to find every student-athlete at Washington who wants an NIL deal, an NIL deal.”

This made my blood boil
    You have to care first for your blood to boil.
    This.

The program is over.
    I wonder if a non revenue sport or two will get cut or will enough TV revenue trickle in to keep us in the black?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    How I see it:

1. Cohen will probably retire if Hopkins needs to be fired and may retire anyway if he stays. She probably doesn't have the energy to lobby Olympia either.

2. The program still has talent. The WRs get the most attention but the OL and DL could surprise to the upside (the LBs too if you include Dom Hampton).

3. The staff seems to be finding their legs in recruiting and has a pretty good OV list coming up. Deboer and Co. haven't substantially complained about anything and appear to have confidence that they can find the guys they need while receiving a helping hand from the portal for the next class or two.

4. There is a chance Montlake Futures gives in and buys a recruit or two...or finds a loophole to somehow sweeten the pot.

5. There is likely so much we don't know and how this continues to evolve. Who knows what will happen.

6. No matter what happens with Cohen and NIL, the bottom line is that DeBoer was a good hire and winning more games will create its own momentum. I am Doogin' hard on the Michigan State game. It's at Husky Stadium and in two games against them Penix went 58 for 80 (72.5%) for 606 yards (7.57 yards per attempt) with 5 TDs to 2 INTs (and he had 1 rushing TD).

• JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

In the end DeBoer until proven otherwise is a discounted knock off version of Petersen

I'm okay with this as long as he doesn't walk away after 2 Pac12 championships but failing to win any NY6 games.

But Petersen rolled out a stale shit offense for 6 years, so the comparison ends there and "Teq" conveniently leaves that PowerPoint slide out.

Cohen deserving to be fired while also getting the right coach can both be true.
    I don’t care what you roll out if you have the “success” that Petersen had … DeBoer will do well to sniff that success
    Petersen had 3 good seasons in 6 years and one of those (2017) he underachieved.

And he was burned out before even taking the job. Wouldn't read the room and change his offense.

I'll take a humble coach who lost 3 games in a stint over some coach that was stressing balls because he couldn't live up to his fluff fucking mountain west record.

Fuck off doog.
    Hogan’s heel turn > Haie’s heel turn
    You’re the man for the wrestling references. They are all from the real glory day is 1996 to about 2000.

Wrestling before that was boring. Wrestling after that is Mickey Mouse bullshit.
    Greatest swerve in history. Haie’s swerve seems forced and unnecessary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

How I see it:

1. Cohen will probably retire if Hopkins needs to be fired and may retire anyway if he stays. She probably doesn't have the energy to lobby Olympia either.

2. The program still has talent. The WRs get the most attention but the OL and DL could surprise to the upside (the LBs too if you include Dom Hampton).

3. The staff seems to be finding their legs in recruiting and has a pretty good OV list coming up. Deboer and Co. haven't substantially complained about anything and appear to have confidence that they can find the guys they need while receiving a helping hand from the portal for the next class or two.

4. There is a chance Montlake Futures gives in and buys a recruit or two...or finds a loophole to somehow sweeten the pot.

5. There is likely so much we don't know and how this continues to evolve. Who knows what will happen.

6. No matter what happens with Cohen and NIL, the bottom line is that DeBoer was a good hire and winning more games will create its own momentum. I am Doogin' hard on the Michigan State game. It's at Husky Stadium and in two games against them Penix went 58 for 80 (72.5%) for 606 yards (7.57 yards per attempt) with 5 TDs to 2 INTs (and he had 1 rushing TD).

Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.
    You’re the man for the wrestling references. They are all from the real glory day is 1996 to about 2000.

Wrestling before that was boring. Wrestling after that is Mickey Mouse bullshit.

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

Are you high? Wrestling in the 70s and 80s was unsurpassed. When was Wrestlmania 3? That’s what I thought.

How old are you?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    Standard Supporter

HFNY said:

How I see it:

I like how the official visits are looking, it's ok to Doog a little after Jimmy Lake: https://247sports.com/college/washington/Season/2023-Football/Visits/
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

Are you high? Wrestling in the 70s and 80s was unsurpassed. When was Wrestlmania 3? That’s what I thought.

How old are you?
    I am not high. I’m in my mid 30’s. I think it all has to do with being a kid and being into it. Wrestlemania 3 had to be in 86 or 87. I used to own a History of Wrestleman DVD.

Anyone in their 30’s that watched wrestling loved the Attitude Era and the Monday Night Wars.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

How old are you?
    Attitude era was best era, rather easily.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

I think the current head coach will be good. AD is shit, Pete was overrated. NIL hate and all that is schtick and uninformed. I don't see where my position changed.

I hate Vorel (moreso the Seattle Times) and the Athletic beat writer and always have.

This bored secretly begs for Sark and exposed Joey's tabs and some coffee cups served up to recruits who never even fucking played here, and some side stories of getting the one off Shaq Thompson types, because it's more entertaining.

But none of those things got us to playoffs and rose bowls in the modern era, let alone conference championships.

Tequilla and Coker think they do though, because they're fluff lords.
    Founders Club

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

How old are you?
    80’s NWA/WCW is the shit
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,704
    Founders Club

Cohen cites that her hands are tied by state ethics laws. Then she wants schools made an example of. Then she claims half of her football is making money off NIL deals. Meaning what exactly?

Also, Caple states in the article that DeBoer isn't bothered by UW's approach. How does he know? He's basing it off of DeBoer's public comments.

I see no signs of hope from these people

Aren’t the state ethics laws for state employees? Is Jen admitting college athletes are employees?

@LawDawg1??? True??!!??
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

I think the current head coach will be good. AD is shit, Pete was overrated. NIL hate and all that is schtick and uninformed. I don't see where my position changed.

I hate Vorel (moreso the Seattle Times) and the Athletic beat writer and always have.

This bored secretly begs for Sark and exposed Joey's tabs and some coffee cups served up to recruits who never even fucking played here, and some side stories of getting the one off Shaq Thompson types, because it's more entertaining.

But none of those things got us to playoffs and rose bowls in the modern era, let alone conference championships.

UW got to the playoffs in a different era of college football. Does Budda Baker come to UW now?
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,064

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

How old are you?
    I went to Wrestlmania 19 when it was at Safeco Field, or “The Safe” as I like to call it. It was alright.

Attitude Era was good and all, but too many neon cardboard signs in the audience in those days. Early 90s era was the best, if you ask me. Did you know that they originally were going to have Wrestlemania 7 at the Colosseum but, since they couldn’t guarantee Sgt Slaughter’s safety, they moved it to the LA Sports Arena? That’s a fun free fact for you.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I went to a wrestling show at the Seattle Center Arena around 1980. Cheesy and cheap but the villain was Iranian so the crowd went wild

It was during my ironic entertainment phase laughing at future ultra MAGAs

@PurpleBaze
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

How old are you?
    I went to Wrestlmania 19 when it was at Safeco Field, or “The Safe” as I like to call it. It was alright.

Attitude Era was good and all, but too many neon cardboard signs in the audience in those days. Early 90s era was the best, if you ask me. Did you know that they originally were going to have Wrestlemania 7 at the Colosseum but, since they couldn’t guarantee Sgt Slaughter’s safety, they moved it to the LA Sports Arena? That’s a fun free fact for you.
    19 was a great show and a great card
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022

haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

UW got to the playoffs in a different era of college football. Does Budda Baker come to UW now?
    Absolutely he does. We treat every WA 5 star the same in terms of both ability and having their head screwed on straight.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

Absolutely he does. We treat every WA 5 star the same in terms of both ability and having their head screwed on straight.
    No he doesn't.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Cohen replied, in part: “There’s two issues at Washington that are concerning. One is that people are so breaking the rules with inducement. They’re taking kids away from schools. Until the NCAA starts to enforce it — and I think they will make an example of a couple schools. I think they have to. There’s a lot of pressure to do that. But we’re not going to be in that lane. You don’t want us to be in that lane. But we are in the lane of trying to find every student-athlete at Washington who wants an NIL deal, an NIL deal.”

This made my blood boil
    Either by your choice, or what your donor base is not willing to pony up, in the men's revenue sports UW is waiving the white flag. Those coaches are attempting to sell a program that is trying to make lemonade out of lemons minus the sugar.