Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Snippet from today's article in The Athletic

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
"First, I’d caution against assuming that anybody’s stance on anything related to NIL is ever definitive or final. The landscape is changing daily. Conversations with folks at UW and Montlake Futures last month, for example, revealed little interest in playing the inducement game, but public statements made since then suggest that, actually, the donor collective would direct money from a donor to a recruit, if approached to do so."

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    Cohen replied, in part: “There’s two issues at Washington that are concerning. One is that people are so breaking the rules with inducement. They’re taking kids away from schools. Until the NCAA starts to enforce it — and I think they will make an example of a couple schools. I think they have to. There’s a lot of pressure to do that. But we’re not going to be in that lane. You don’t want us to be in that lane. But we are in the lane of trying to find every student-athlete at Washington who wants an NIL deal, an NIL deal.”
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 992
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

In the end DeBoer until proven otherwise is a discounted knock off version of Petersen

I'm okay with this as long as he doesn't walk away after 2 Pac12 championships but failing to win any NY6 games.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

In the end DeBoer until proven otherwise is a discounted knock off version of Petersen

I'm okay with this as long as he doesn't walk away after 2 Pac12 championships but failing to win any NY6 games.
    In terms of development and focus on team chemistry and all that, sure.

But Petersen rolled out a stale shit offense for 6 years, so the comparison ends there and "Teq" conveniently leaves that PowerPoint slide out.

Cohen deserving to be fired while also getting the right coach can both be true.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Cohen replied, in part: “There’s two issues at Washington that are concerning. One is that people are so breaking the rules with inducement. They’re taking kids away from schools. Until the NCAA starts to enforce it — and I think they will make an example of a couple schools. I think they have to. There’s a lot of pressure to do that. But we’re not going to be in that lane. You don’t want us to be in that lane. But we are in the lane of trying to find every student-athlete at Washington who wants an NIL deal, an NIL deal.”

This made my blood boil
    You have to care first for your blood to boil.
    I’m really trying hard to care less
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

But Petersen rolled out a stale shit offense for 6 years, so the comparison ends there and "Teq" conveniently leaves that PowerPoint slide out.

Cohen deserving to be fired while also getting the right coach can both be true.
    I don’t care what you roll out if you have the “success” that Petersen had … DeBoer will do well to sniff that success
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

I don’t care what you roll out if you have the “success” that Petersen had … DeBoer will do well to sniff that success
    Petersen had 3 good seasons in 6 years and one of those (2017) he underachieved.

And he was burned out before even taking the job. Wouldn't read the room and change his offense.

I'll take a humble coach who lost 3 games in a stint over some coach that was stressing balls because he couldn't live up to his fluff fucking mountain west record.

Fuck off doog.
  • TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 461
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Excuses are for losers.
    Jen
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,060
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Petersen had 3 good seasons in 6 years and one of those (2017) he underachieved.

And he was burned out before even taking the job. Wouldn't read the room and change his offense.

I'll take a humble coach who lost 3 games in a stint over some coach that was stressing balls because he couldn't live up to his fluff fucking mountain west record.

Fuck off doog.
    Wouldn’t the doog stance be to be bullish on the newly hired coach?
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    Founders Club

Cohen cites that her hands are tied by state ethics laws. Then she wants schools made an example of. Then she claims half of her football is making money off NIL deals. Meaning what exactly?

Also, Caple states in the article that DeBoer isn't bothered by UW's approach. How does he know? He's basing it off of DeBoer's public comments.

I see no signs of hope from these people

Tequilla said:

Cohen cites that her hands are tied by state ethics laws. Then she wants schools made an example of. Then she claims half of her football is making money off NIL deals. Meaning what exactly?

Also, Caple states in the article that DeBoer isn't bothered by UW's approach. How does he know? He's basing it off of DeBoer's public comments.

I see no signs of hope from these people

Everything you cite from Jen highlights my biggest complaint about her being reactionary instead of visionary …

Hands tied by state ethics laws? Go down to Olympia and meet with influential people try to drive change.

Thinking schools will be made an example of isn’t based on any kind of reality because the first time a player gets made an example of that’s a major lawsuit the NCAA won’t win … but it follows with the elitist holier than thou “Washington Way” that she champions

All of her NIL stats are just window dressing to the actual issues and trying to provide ammo to fight back against the vocal minority that sees through the BS because the results are what exactly?

Her approach is why Campbell didn’t take the job despite influential people pushing for him and the fact that I received word on 2 different nights that he was in … clearly he never felt comfortable about what he was hearing when he slept on it.

In the end DeBoer until proven otherwise is a discounted knock off version of Petersen that fits within Jen’s lack of imagination budgeting that is content with going from under $1.5M annually to a guaranteed $15M+ regardless of whether he succeeds or fails. What skin exactly does DeBoer have in the game to lose if recruiting falls off the cliff and he gets fired after Year 3? If he gets fired he can either early retire OR fall back into a comfortable OC career for the remaining 5-10 years of his career.
    In the end, DeBoner gets his.

#WeAreASteppingStoneSchool

• JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.
    Hogan’s heel turn > Haie’s heel turn
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

This made my blood boil
    You have to care first for your blood to boil.
    This.

The program is over.