Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One of the most important questions in history

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not here

You also receive more annual precipitation than me. 14" vs 12" so go figure.
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 486
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    Slightly limited use, especially here in Missouri where many of the mosquitos can fuck a chicken flat footed, but setting up a fan system to constantly have air moving in the areas people are at outdoors is effective.

Mosquitos are naturally weak fliers and even a slight breeze makes them unable to navigate. Bonus of keeping nipples at attention as well.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited May 2022
    So it turns out that the ultimate predator for mosquitos are bats and we are loaded with bats... at sunset we have an aerobatic display of bats that swarm our pool area... Each bat eats between 50-100% of their body weight in bugs every day.... they love oak forest environments especially if you have a pool as a water source and they are prehistoric bug eating machines...guess this is not going to be an issue for us... we will get the machine which mimics the exhale of CO2 and will also get machine for no see ums which are present in the afternoon + and a flaming propane heating tower to keep away the bats while we are out in the evening.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Slightly limited use, especially here in Missouri where many of the mosquitos can fuck a chicken flat footed, but setting up a fan system to constantly have air moving in the areas people are at outdoors is effective.

Mosquitos are naturally weak fliers and even a slight breeze makes them unable to navigate. Bonus of keeping nipples at attention as well.

Best tip yet.

My place is dry now and it's not much of a problem. I used to try dumping soap, laundry and/or dish soap, into a couple of the ponds down the hill. Thought I could head them off as they reproduce. I didn't see any sign that it helped.