Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This is the year

DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,100
First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
Bo Nix has improved so much under this new offense. He’s focused. He’s having fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a dark horse for the Heisman.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Heisman and #1 draft choice and national championship IMO

Did his dad go to Oregon?
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He ain't no Penix.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2022
    Sarcasm? Got to be

Last time I checked, he doesn't play on the defensive line. The biggest area of concern.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    edited April 2022

Sarcasm? Got to be

Last time I checked, he doesn't play on the defensive line. The biggest area of concern.

When Jay'veon Sunday runs for 220 yards and 4 TDs against you in November, don't come crying on these here boards.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter
    DucksFC said:

Bo Nix has improved so much under this new offense. He’s focused. He’s having fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a dark horse for the Heisman.

I just threw up in my mouth.
    edited April 2022

Sarcasm? Got to be

When Jay'veon Sunday runs for 220 yards and 4 TDs against you in November, don't come crying on these here boards.
    I think the linebacker play will be solid, but I am genuinely concerned about our? DL.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Nix is probably an upgrade over AB, but let’s pump the breaks on this team making a playoff run or anything like that.

I’m setting the O/U at 10.5 wins, though….
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Turning the tide? Shots fired at Saban.
    thechatch said:

Nix is probably an upgrade over AB, but let’s pump the breaks on this team making a playoff run or anything like that.

10.5 wins has more to do with the shitty Pac 12 conference than anything else.
    Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

10.5 wins has more to do with the shitty Pac 12 conference than anything else.
    I for one am looking forward to our Fiesta Bowl loss to Iowa State.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2022
    thechatch said:

Wat? Lol. I’d put 100k on the under if that’s what it opens at (it won’t). Georgia is a guaranteed loss so you’re saying Oregon will go 11-0 after the uga game? Lmao

Vegas will set it at 8.5
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

thechatch said:

Wat? Lol. I’d put 100k on the under if that’s what it opens at (it won’t). Georgia is a guaranteed loss so you’re saying Oregon will go 11-0 after the uga game? Lmao

Vegas will set it at 8.5
    I'd put it at 9, but the half break points are more fun. He's also probably including post season, which doesn't count.
    dtd said:

ntxduck said:

thechatch said:

Vegas will set it at 8.5
    I'd put it at 9, but the half break points are more fun. He's also probably including post season, which doesn't count.
    If you count a possible Pac 12 title game, I think 9.5 is very realistic. 10-3 isn’t out of line

dtd said:

ntxduck said:

thechatch said:

Vegas will set it at 8.5
    If you count a possible Pac 12 title game, I think 9.5 is very realistic. 10-3 isn’t out of line
    Potential post-season games are never included in over/unders
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Sarcasm? Got to be

I think the linebacker play will be solid, but I am genuinely concerned about our? DL.
    What?

Returning the two interior DL in the conference is usually considered good.

What you should really be worried about is everything else, other than DL, OL, and LB.

Especially the DBs. If they didn’t hire away Christian González it would have been even worse at CB, and JJ Greenfield being off the team for a year, coming back as a non-scholarship player, and being a key cog is something I consider to be concerning.

Sarcasm? Got to be

What?

What you should really be worried about is everything else, other than DL, OL, and LB.

Especially the DBs. If they didn’t hire away Christian González it would have been even worse at CB, and JJ Greenfield being off the team for a year, coming back as a non-scholarship player, and being a key cog is something I consider to be concerning.
    my thoughts exactly. The front 7 should be very good. 3/4 DB spots are big question marks (Bennet Williams is great, who knows on the other 3)
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    ntxduck said:

Sarcasm? Got to be

What?

my thoughts exactly. The front 7 should be very good. 3/4 DB spots are big question marks (Bennet Williams is great, who knows on the other 3)
    Gonzalez, Hill, and Williams are fine. Greenfield won’t see the field. Bridges and Manning will round out nickel with Stephens being a viable back up. We need some players in the portal or some depth developed.

Powledge seems like our top developer, so excited to see what he can do.
    lawsandl said:

ntxduck said:

Sarcasm? Got to be

What?

Gonzalez, Hill, and Williams are fine. Greenfield won’t see the field. Bridges and Manning will round out nickel with Stephens being a viable back up. We need some players in the portal or some depth developed.

Hill was really bad last year. And his current position on the depth chart reflects that. Gonzalez is legit, I forgot about him. The second and third corner spots definitely need someone to step up.

Stephens is a huge liability any time he’s on the field, so I wouldn’t call him viable. Powledge’s Dev. Record at Baylor is definitely promising
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

ntxduck said:

Sarcasm? Got to be

What?

Hill was really bad last year. And his current position on the depth chart reflects that. Gonzalez is legit, I forgot about him. The second and third corner spots definitely need someone to step up.

Stephens is a huge liability any time he’s on the field, so I wouldn’t call him viable. Powledge’s Dev. Record at Baylor is definitely promising
    I am told that Williams is playing boundary so Hill can play at nickel. The new staff likes Hill. Last year we had a walk on, 2 true frosh playing the WIL. Our underneath coverage was horrible.