Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mariners Baby!

Ty France is not only the Mariners best player but one of the best players in the league at the moment.

Overall the lineup in the home series was great. They left a lot of runners on base but that is mostly because they were threating more innings than not which is quite different in previous years where they strand runners in the very few opportunities they got during games.

Kelenic still sucks and his at bats are still more horrendous than the decent ones he has... always completely guessing and gets behind in the count and swings at some shitty in the dirt slider or high fastball. At least he can play good defense I guess?

Julio looks the part and is exciting. He has been skullfucked by umps countless times this year on 3rd pitch called strikes, mind boggling honestly. His at bats look way better than Kelenics, he looks like he actually has an approach and isn't just going full blown meat head "me swing hard" in the box.

Winker will figure it out but he hasn't been playing as bad as people make it out to be. He is still up at the top in terms of On Base Percentage on the team because he has a lot of walks he has earned a bunch of really good at bats.

The starting rotation has been good so far but I feel like it is a lot of smoke and mirrors. Brash is exciting but has walked a TON of guys but thankfully has been able to get out of innings with double play balls. Ray's velocity is down pretty considerably. Marco is hit or miss and can either pitch 8 inning with 1 ER or pitch 1 inning with 8 ERs.

Can't wait for the inevitable collapse in May as always!

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They're playing with a 39 homer outfielder and perhaps their two best relievers out right now.

The outfielders are hitting a combined .200ish.

Ray hasn't had his best stuff but still keeps them in every game.

Brash will be fine, I think. If not then they have guys with just as much upside to they their hand in his spot.

10-6, putting up numbers but with other metrics indicating more runs are inevitable, and doing it with some big pieces sitting out is a good situation.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #1 in the AL in run differential right now. It's not a huge margin, but still. I think last season they were well below 0 in that metric all season.
    Swaye's Wigwam

#1 in the AL in run differential right now. It's not a huge margin, but still. I think last season they were well below 0 in that metric all season.

Minus 50 or so for the season last year.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    People forget they started 13-2 in 2019, and still couldn't sniff 70 wins.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

That was a terrible team though, the 13-2 came out of nowhere with a ton of guys playing way above their heads.

This year feels different, but as a longtime Mariner fan I'm always ready to be disappointed.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know youre just throwing that out there for amusement, but people forget because it's not relevant. This is the renovated Ms loaded with high end talent and depth that they lacked in 2019.

I'm trying to temper my mooging, but it's difficult with little else in the sports world going my way right now.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022
    chuck said:

I know youre just throwing that out there for amusement, but people forget because it's not relevant. This is the renovated Ms loaded with high end talent and depth that they lacked in 2019.

I'm trying to temper my mooging, but it's difficult with little else in the sports world going my way right now.
    I hear you. I was a die hard Mariner fan during the Griffey years (first run) and even in the Ichiro years (his first run). It just got to a point that the Mariners seemed to quit wanting to win, and then, they basically lived off nostalgia through the 10s. I switched to the Dodgers after the 2011 season after seeing where things were headed, as I just couldn't take it anymore. I loved baseball, but I hated what my childhood team was doing to me. They were making me start to hate the game. Calling me a fair weather fan is fair game. But I can say, that the Dodgers brought me out of the deepest depths of hell in my baseball fandom.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I hear you. I was a die hard Mariner fan during the Griffey years (first run) and even in the Ichiro years (his first run). It just got to a point that the Mariners seemed to quit wanting to win, and then, they basically lived off nostalgia through the 10s. I switched to the Dodgers after the 2011 season after seeing where things were headed, as I just couldn't take it anymore. I loved baseball, but I hated what my childhood team was doing to me. They were making me start to hate the game. Calling me a fair weather fan is fair game. But I can say, that the Dodgers brought me out of the deepest depths of hell in my baseball fandom.
    Im a fair weather fan of aorts too. I quit watching any baseball at all somewhere around 2010ish. My living arrangements changed last summer, and somewhere around mid July I found myself watching TV in the evenings and a lot of Ms games. By the end of the season I was right back on the bandwagon. I'm all in now, so to speak. I really like the team.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Im a fair weather fan of aorts too. I quit watching any baseball at all somewhere around 2010ish. My living arrangements changed last summer, and somewhere around mid July I found myself watching TV in the evenings and a lot of Ms games. By the end of the season I was right back on the bandwagon. I'm all in now, so to speak. I really like the team.

Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

If she had a basement I'd quit my job, get a full time, volunteer gig as a golf course ranger to pay for my habit, and basically drop out.

Sounds like paradise to be honest.
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

If she had a basement I'd quit my job, get a full time, volunteer gig as a golf course ranger to pay for my habit, and basically drop out.

A lot of my jabs and jokes lately have been falling flat on the boards (as measured in Chincredibles). But I laughed, I thought it was a good one. At this moment, sitting in the Uber Pick-Up Zone of SeaTac, amid the vapor-smoke filled interior of his 2003 Prius, @PurpleBaze gazes at his iPhone and shakes his head sadly before saying "THUD!" in Farsi.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

A lot of my jabs and jokes lately have been falling flat on the boards (as measured in Chincredibles). But I laughed, I thought it was a good one. At this moment, sitting in the Uber Pick-Up Zone of SeaTac, amid the vapor-smoke filled interior of his 2003 Prius, @PurpleBaze gazes at his iPhone and shakes his head sadly before saying "THUD!" in Farsi.
    Yep! You nailed it.

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

You actively measure Chincredibles?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Founders Club

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

When I try to make too many jabs or jokes I

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I find that, when I try to make too many jokes here in a brief period of time, they seem to draw reactions that range from disinterest to puzzlement to outright disgust or irritation. A "thud" from Bazey is at the positive end of the reaction spectrum.

If I've learned nothing else in my time here, and I haven't, it's that I'm funnier when I'm not trying to be than when I try.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nice use of the quote feature as always.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Well, they suck again, as always.