Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Josh Conerly, 2022 5* OL, Seattle (Rainier Beach), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Rather Be Brewing: Thanks for the response re: Wilcox.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Only 5 ⭐ OL can make a catch like that.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,106
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Funny they can’t just line up and beat Colorado. They have to pull out a bunch of gimmick plays to run up the score on an inferior team
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,037
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Funny they can’t just line up and beat Colorado. They have to pull out a bunch of gimmick plays to run up the score on an inferior team

You don't really believe that, do you?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dtd said:

I believe they’re better than Colorado and the gimmicky shit was unnecessary.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2022

Please explain how scoring on that play with the score 0-0 is running it up? We did this shit under Chip as well. Nothing wrong with throwing in a couple winkles that future opponents have to prepare for.

The is actually a very good difference from Cristobal. However, our defense still looks like shit.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

We talkin bout practice!
  • Options
    Founders Club

Please explain how scoring on that play with the score 0-0 is running it up? We did this shit under Chip as well. Nothing wrong with throwing in a couple winkles that future opponents have to prepare for.

The is actually a very good difference from Cristobal. However, our defense still looks like shit.
    You were going to beat Colorado by 39 regardless of the play being used
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If I’m UO after watching the UW defense this year, I’m throwing in every wrinkle and little trick play against Colorado to make the UW coaches work them throughout the week. They obviously struggle at game planning.
    So when we put a DB over an OT because ‘we saw the play’ and they run the ball in our face on the goal line.. we will see how bad the defensive structure really is.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Stanford on the road at peak USC as 30+ point underdogs disagree. Oregon used some trickery and got out in front big, then they took their foot off
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

so just get the 4 in state guys and call it a day for huff in 2022

Did Huff win yet?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    They can put Franklin on Perryman all day and win this week
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

dtd said:

They do that shit because they can circle jerk themselves after the game and then use shit like that in recruiting going forward
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

dtd said:

They do that shit because they can circle jerk themselves after the game and then use shit like that in recruiting going forward
    JFC, dog forbid a team have fun playing sportsball.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I think those plays were to give Washington more shit for which they have to prepare. Oregon was never not in control of that game.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2022
    Tequilla said:

dtd said:

It's hate week, so this sub-thread on Oregon's gimmicky plays is understandable. I can remember when doogman and to an extent this board was full of that line of thinking during Chip's run. Now Chip is worshipped as a coaching God around here because he's not there anymore.

And, on the second part about using it for recruits ... and? If recruits see your program as perhaps an exciting place to play, isn't that a good thing? Or is it not prestigious enough.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,476
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

dtd said:

It's hate week, so this sub-thread on Oregon's gimmicky plays is understandable. I can remember when doogman and to an extent this board was full of that line of thinking during Chip's run. Now Chip is worshipped as a coaching God around here because he's not there anymore.

And, on the second part about using it for recruits ... and? If recruits see your program as perhaps an exciting place to play, isn't that a good thing? Or is it not prestigious enough.
    They did it because they knew they could beat Colorado by 30 while barely trying so they could take risks. They did it to try and get some attention in a week where there wasn't anything they could prove and to excite the virgins on Twitter that get excited about the shit they do like that and probably a little bit for recruiting so mission accomplished. Hopefully Sewell feels good about a 1-yard TD run making up for his dogshit season.

A lot of the shit they did with Chip bothered me but never in a way like this it was more stuff that I felt was ultimately meaningless like going for two after the first TD each time and the way the college football media (the aformementioned virgins) reacted to it. With Chip he also did that shit against everyone too where I feel like this was picking on a hapless bunch who you stole their best player.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

dtd said:

Whatever Oregon does has been working for them going on for 30 years …

I’m not bashing it