Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tiger Woods a 'game-time decision' for the Masters as he arrives at Augusta Sunday

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A tradition unlike any other

Rory with the all time back door second place finish

A rather ho hum affair that was over Friday evening but Scottie Scheffler is now the man of the hour
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm normally a final round of the majors golf fan, but I glanced at the leaderboard Sunday AM and skipped watching.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

A rather ho hum affair that was over Friday evening but Scottie Scheffler is now the man of the hour

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Cameron Smith going for the white trash Rickie Fowler look?
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,761
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Classic Rory for sure. I was right on JT.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2022
    I don't watch golf nor do I play it but I have some friends who do avidly and they tell me Prime Time Tiger was the best "peak player" there ever will be. Sort of like Tyson. At his best there was absolutely nobody better. Women derailed both Tyson and Woods. Interesting.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I don't watch golf nor do I play it but I have some friends who do avidly and they tell me Prime Time Tiger was the best "peak player" there ever will be. Sort of like Tyson. At his best there was absolutely nobody better. Women derailed both Tyson and Woods. Interesting.
    I was around when Jack was still in his prime and he was the GOAT and has the numbers but there has never been a golfer as exciting and dominant as Tiger. Must see TV. With a DVR that is

I agree that from 1997 to 2008 it was the greatest golf ever played. We? had just got out of Greg Norman who had all the talent in the world and was a choking fucking dog. Tiger was 14-1 with the lead after 3 in the majors

He started breaking down in 2011 and had one more run in 12 and 13. He won the 2013 Players for win 79. He's at 82 and he got those in his 18 and 19 comeback

The 2019 Masters is legend. All the young bucks put it in the water and Tiger walked through the door to #15
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2022

Swaye said:

I was around when Jack was still in his prime and he was the GOAT and has the numbers but there has never been a golfer as exciting and dominant as Tiger. Must see TV. With a DVR that is

I agree that from 1997 to 2008 it was the greatest golf ever played. We? had just got out of Greg Norman who had all the talent in the world and was a choking fucking dog. Tiger was 14-1 with the lead after 3 in the majors

He started breaking down in 2011 and had one more run in 12 and 13. He won the 2013 Players for win 79. He's at 82 and he got those in his 18 and 19 comeback

The 2019 Masters is legend. All the young bucks put it in the water and Tiger walked through the door to #15
    I've heard Tiger played in a much more competitive era top to bottom, but I have no idea as I don't know who Jack was up against. I assume they mean field top to bottom because Vijay and Phil are sort of meh it feels like. Again, I am talking out of my ass. I couldn't putt for par if you started me on the green.

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Peak Tiger was the most dominant athlete that I'm old enough to remember and I agree with those who say he faced tougher competition than the old timers did.

It made for good viewing. Way better than watching Greg Norman constantly look dominant but lose to boring, short hitters like Faldo or Bernhard Langer. I miss it and can't get myself to care about any currently good golfers.
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I've heard Tiger played in a much more competitive era top to bottom, but I have no idea as I don't know who Jack was up against. I assume they mean field top to bottom because Vijay and Phil are sort of meh it feels like. Again, I am talking out of my ass. I couldn't putt for par if you started me on the green.

Tiger never had to play a ranked Arnold Palmer
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

My worst golfing moment was when I was 22 playing at Carnation. On a par 5 I reached the green in two swings... Then proceeded to 11 putt.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,761
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

My worst golfing moment was when I was 22 playing at Carnation. On a par 5 I reached the green in two swings... Then proceeded to 11 putt.
    I was always more of a Tall Chief guy. RIP.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blew many an afternoon at Tall Cheif during my consulting phase in the 80s
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I was always more of a Tall Chief guy. RIP.
    I loved Tall Chief
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Scottie Sheffler looks like he’s 45. This year will be as good as it gets for him. No casual fan will ever care about him, even if he dominates.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Scottie Sheffler looks like he’s 45. This year will be as good as it gets for him. No casual fan will ever care about him, even if he dominates.

You see it all the time. A guy gets hot for awhile

At least he got a major out of it
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fast strategy?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Scottie Sheffler already looks like the old guy. That’s him in 10 years.