Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seahawk ones 31 Bear ones 0

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
good sign

Give 12 hate a rest for 3 minutes and just enjoy it. Yes, they are tacky and kind of annoying. Go hang around Raider, Cowboy, Steeler, and Patriot fans for ten minutes, then compare.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mike Ditka is rolling in his grave right now.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Watched the first half. Looked like RW was having to scramble quite a bit. They have injuries on the the o-line?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    the offense was shredding them. Big if, but if harvin somehow stays healthy I forsee a big year from the seahawks offense. Definitely an improvement over last season
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Awesome to see Kearse snag that TD catch. Great play.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It may be the offense carrying the team this year. The dline does not seem as formidable as last year but it is the preseason. Russell looks incredible. His ball come out faster and has more zip on it. Percy opens that offense like no other. The o-line still looks shaky. Its funny Cable is always shots out for how good he is but the o-line has been average. Lynch is such a hard runner makes up for it.
    That Bears offense is good but Cutler is Cutler throwing that pick was atrocious. Jeffery and Marshall look incredible. The hawks took care of business without the pass rush we saw last year.

Overall, hard to think the hawks won't be in the SB again. Russell looks really really good. Russell could be vying for MVP.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited August 2014
    the defense will not be as good as last year. What they did last year wasn't repeatable, it was that good. However with the linebackers, the front and especially the secondary. There is nothing to suggest they won't be the best defense in the league again this year
    The offense looks very good, speed and weapons everywhere. The Oline is a concern but if they stay healthy it's probably an average unit.
    They are the best team in the NFC on paper IMO, but repeating is so rare. We'll see
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

the defense will not be as good as last year. What they did last year wasn't repeatable, it was that good. However with the linebackers, the front and especially the secondary. There is nothing to suggest they won't be the best defense in the league again this year
    The offense looks very good, speed and weapons everywhere. The Oline is a concern but if they stay healthy it's probably an average unit.
    They are the best team in the NFC on paper IMO, but repeating is so rare. We'll see

Pretty much agree. The D Line won't be as good as it was because it can't be. But the LB's should be better with Smith getting more PT and Irvin getting less and Wagner and Wright healthy all year (hopefully). The secondary might be even better with Maxwell playing all year. The dropoff in d line means the defense will be worse, but it should still be the best.

Offensively they could be significantly better IMO. If Unger and Okung stay healthy that's a major step up for the OL, and Harvin and Richardson are going to bring speed like they didn't have last year. And I'm a major hook for Wilson, I think the dude is phenomenal. I think they let him air it out a bit more and everyone will rave about how much better he is this season even though it probably won't be improvement so much as more opportunity and (hopefully) better pass protection.

I think they're the best team for sure if healthy, but winning the title requires a lot of luck. We'll see indeed.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The D line probably won't be as good as last year, but the Seahawk's defense still led the league in PPG in 2012 with just Chris Clemons and a bunch of garbage rushing the passer. Their secondary is that good and probably will be better this year. Tharold Simon is already awesome.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Pretty much agree. The D Line won't be as good as it was because it can't be. But the LB's should be better with Smith getting more PT and Irvin getting less and Wagner and Wright healthy all year (hopefully). The secondary might be even better with Maxwell playing all year. The dropoff in d line means the defense will be worse, but it should still be the best.

Offensively they could be significantly better IMO. If Unger and Okung stay healthy that's a major step up for the OL, and Harvin and Richardson are going to bring speed like they didn't have last year. And I'm a major hook for Wilson, I think the dude is phenomenal. I think they let him air it out a bit more and everyone will rave about how much better he is this season even though it probably won't be improvement so much as more opportunity and (hopefully) better pass protection.

I think they're the best team for sure if healthy, but winning the title requires a lot of luck. We'll see indeed.
    Agree on offense. Wilson is looking like he's stepping his game up. I think Okung is toast, he was limping again after the Bears. That's probably his natural state now, injured. The interior of the O line looks great though.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Last year the Hawks had quite a few injuries and still won. If they have less injuries this year, no one can beat them (in the playoffs).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DL is fine. Clemons wasn't that good last year and Bryant was the most overrated player on the team. The Seahawks were only slightly above average stopping the run anyways.They still have Bennett, Mebane, and Avril. Schofield, Hill, Marsh, McDaniel, and Williams is solid depth. Bruce Irvin can rush the passer too. It's still a loaded DL.
  • Options

DL is fine. Clemons wasn't that good last year and Bryant was the most overrated player on the team. The Seahawks were only slightly above average stopping the run anyways.They still have Bennett, Mebane, and Avril. Schofield, Hill, Marsh, McDaniel, and Williams is solid depth. Bruce Irvin can rush the passer too. It's still a loaded DL.

But, Red Bryant was a LEADER! You can't possibly replace that.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I think the DL is fine but I don't think it will be as good as last year. They are only marginally worse though.

However the LB corps is going to be better if they all stay healthy, could even see more improvement in the secondary.