Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Positive quote from Ryan Grubb

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,485
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Offensive coordinator Ryan Grubb, for example, figures the new offensive scheme can find ways to deploy the O-linemen in ways that better suit their athletic ability.

“I think there are ways, potentially, that this offense can help alleviate some of that pressure on the inside, where it’s not all just jammed in there and running right down their throat,” Grubb said. “We can get them in some five-on-five, six-on-six situations where we can really highlight what makes them good.”

He also said the O-line can be “elite” in pass protection due to their length and intelligence.

@backthepack

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,737
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The OL will be a lot better and the team will be #1 in the conference in overall offense but 7-8 in defense.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,691
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

The OL will be a lot better and the team will be #1 in the conference in overall offense but 7-8 in defense.

Offense middle of the conference and defense slightly better. 8-5. However, I am ready to be 2-0 and doog out for the Michigan State game.
    I think around #3 offense and #5-6 on defense.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,417
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Top half of conference in offense will be a minor miracle. Top half of conference in defense will be a major miracle.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Cant be worse than last year. Too much talent in that room that's gonna be protected by the spread, quick-pass O.

Is Myles Murao dead? Man, I'd hate to come to UW just to watch shitters like Luke Wattenberg start in front of me.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,291
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Offense will be ranked #3 in conference, defense will be middle of road depending on injuries. Stadium will be half full, warm beer, no standing on 3rd down, masks optional....can't wait
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I like what I have heard from Grubb so far. It’s just off season natty bullshit but he at least sounds like he knows what he’s doing.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,110
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I have had enough recurring dreams that DeBoer was fired that I'm always surprised to see he is actually still our coach. At this point I'm considering it to be a premonition. #12 offense, #12 defense. If DeBoer makes it to kickoff against Kent State I'll consider it a moral victory.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    I like coaches that criticize their units. Jimmy blew smoke up everyone's ass, even pumping up the "Stable" and Giles Jackson, among other things.

Deboer and co. actually know what a shitty player is, which is a plus.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,737
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's almost like in the NIL era that scheme and coaching still somehow matters.
  • Options
    Jdawg1991Jdawg1991 Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Offensive coordinator Ryan Grubb, for example, figures the new offensive scheme can find ways to deploy the O-linemen in ways that better suit their athletic ability.

“I think there are ways, potentially, that this offense can help alleviate some of that pressure on the inside, where it’s not all just jammed in there and running right down their throat,” Grubb said. “We can get them in some five-on-five, six-on-six situations where we can really highlight what makes them good.”

He also said the O-line can be “elite” in pass protection due to their length and intelligence.

@backthepack

That fag @backthepack wouldn't know an elite player if it hit her in the vagina/penis. @backthepack is trans, if you didn't know that. Nothing wrong with being trans, @backthepack . More opportunities for love. The odds are long but every dumb fuck gets lucky every now and then.

@backthepack u r an elite Brah!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I like coaches that criticize their units. Jimmy blew smoke up everyone's ass, even pumping up the "Stable" and Giles Jackson, among other things.

Deboer and co. actually know what a shitty player is, which is a plus.

The coaches all seem like nice guys and the players do seem to like them, which after Lake and Donovan, is important.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Grubb didn't have to say that. This staff has been less than enthused by the RB depth and they haven't been shy about saying it when asked. They seem to like the potential of the receivers and now the offensive line. Weird. They line will suck. We all know it. It is interesting that Grubb and co. keep talking these guys up though.

I like that they currently have last year's 4th string walk on QB running with the 1s at RB. Gives a message to the other guys that they suck and need to work harder if they want to play
    I think a lot of it is because Sirmon was a QB and knows the offense. They say Sirmon is a good athlete, but it would be surprising if he was actually any good.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,691
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Grubb didn't have to say that. This staff has been less than enthused by the RB depth and they haven't been shy about saying it when asked. They seem to like the potential of the receivers and now the offensive line. Weird. They line will suck. We all know it. It is interesting that Grubb and co. keep talking these guys up though.

I like that they currently have last year's 4th string walk on QB running with the 1s at RB. Gives a message to the other guys that they suck and need to work harder if they want to play
    I think a lot of it is because Sirmon was a QB and knows the offense. They say Sirmon is a good athlete, but it would be surprising if he was actually any good.
    Nah just a body who knows the plays like you said.

What an RB crew. Jesus.