Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michael Penix Jr. will lead Huskies to surprise success

Comments

• Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2022
    Why did Michael Penix enter the portal to begin with?

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    trublue said:

Looking to pass a math class
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – Win the locker room. It starts with that for Connor Bazelak. He transferred from Missouri to make a run at Indiana's starting quarterback job, and he'll have to earn it.

That means more than throwing a pretty pass.

"The biggest thing is getting to know the players," he says. "That's such a big part of being a good team, players meshing and trust each other and love each other. It takes time. That's what I'm working on."

Win the games. It drives Jack Tuttle. He's set to begin his fourth season as a Hoosier, and has his own starting quarterback ambitions, but more importantly, a determination to blast away the sting from last season's 2-10 record.

Jack Tuttle of the Tacoma Washington Tuttles?

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Indiana quarterback Michael Penix Jr., saying it's "time for a fresh start somewhere else,'' entered the NCAA's transfer portal on Sunday and plans on playing his 2022 college season elsewhere.

Penix, a heralded recruit out of Tampa, Fla., has spent four years in Bloomington and will graduate in May. He has played well and was a critical piece in the Hoosiers' resurgence in 2019 and 2020, but he also has had a career defined by injuries. He didn't finish any of his four seasons in Bloomington.

It was a difficult decision, he said, but it's also one that had to be made.

"I talked to Coach (Tom) Allen about it, and it's my decision,'' Penix said Sunday during a telephone interview. "Look, I'm a Hoosier, and I'll always be a Hoosier. I'm graduating in May and I have loved everything about playing for Coach Allen and being a part of this team. These are my brothers.

"But I just want a new start, a new beginning. I want to finish my college career the best way possible, and I think I need to do that somewhere else.''

Penix earned the starting job during his freshman year in 2018, but tore an ACL in his first start against Penn State and missed the remainder of the season. He won a training camp battle with Peyton Ramsey to start the 2019 season and played well, but missed some time early in the season with a shoulder strain and then was knocked out for good in early November with a fracture clavicle against Northwestern, and was lost for the season again.

He was spectacular in 2020 in leading the Hoosiers to a record-setting season that saw the school's first top-10 ranking in more than 50 years. The Hoosiers were ranked No. 7 in the country after a 4-0 start that included rare wins over Penn State, Michigan State and Michigan.

He gained national notoriety in the 2020 season opener against Penn State, stretching out on a dive just barely inside the pylon for a two-point conversion to give Indiana the victory.

He also threw for 491 yards and five touchdowns in Indiana's only loss, 42-35 at Ohio State to the team that would eventually lose in the national championship. It was the second-most yards in school history.

But the following week, he tore his ACL for the second time in a win over Maryland, and was lost for the season. He spent eight months rehabbing trying to get ready for the 2021 season, but he was rusty and went just 2-2 in his first four starts this season. And on Oct. 2, he was brought down hard on a tackle at Penn State and separated the AC joint in his left throwing shoulder.

He wound up missing the rest of the season — and the Hoosiers never won another game, dropping eight games in a row.

Like everyone says - he stays healthy we have QB1

If

If my aunt had balls...........................................................

She'd be the number one women's swimmer in the NCAA. But, ya. It won't happen because, well, Washington.
  • Options
    edited March 2022

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – Win the locker room. It starts with that for Connor Bazelak. He transferred from Missouri to make a run at Indiana's starting quarterback job, and he'll have to earn it.

That means more than throwing a pretty pass.

"The biggest thing is getting to know the players," he says. "That's such a big part of being a good team, players meshing and trust each other and love each other. It takes time. That's what I'm working on."

Win the games. It drives Jack Tuttle. He's set to begin his fourth season as a Hoosier, and has his own starting quarterback ambitions, but more importantly, a determination to blast away the sting from last season's 2-10 record.

Jack Tuttle of the Tacoma Washington Tuttles?

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Indiana quarterback Michael Penix Jr., saying it's "time for a fresh start somewhere else,'' entered the NCAA's transfer portal on Sunday and plans on playing his 2022 college season elsewhere.

Penix, a heralded recruit out of Tampa, Fla., has spent four years in Bloomington and will graduate in May. He has played well and was a critical piece in the Hoosiers' resurgence in 2019 and 2020, but he also has had a career defined by injuries. He didn't finish any of his four seasons in Bloomington.

It was a difficult decision, he said, but it's also one that had to be made.

"I talked to Coach (Tom) Allen about it, and it's my decision,'' Penix said Sunday during a telephone interview. "Look, I'm a Hoosier, and I'll always be a Hoosier. I'm graduating in May and I have loved everything about playing for Coach Allen and being a part of this team. These are my brothers.

"But I just want a new start, a new beginning. I want to finish my college career the best way possible, and I think I need to do that somewhere else.''

Penix earned the starting job during his freshman year in 2018, but tore an ACL in his first start against Penn State and missed the remainder of the season. He won a training camp battle with Peyton Ramsey to start the 2019 season and played well, but missed some time early in the season with a shoulder strain and then was knocked out for good in early November with a fracture clavicle against Northwestern, and was lost for the season again.

He was spectacular in 2020 in leading the Hoosiers to a record-setting season that saw the school's first top-10 ranking in more than 50 years. The Hoosiers were ranked No. 7 in the country after a 4-0 start that included rare wins over Penn State, Michigan State and Michigan.

He gained national notoriety in the 2020 season opener against Penn State, stretching out on a dive just barely inside the pylon for a two-point conversion to give Indiana the victory.

He also threw for 491 yards and five touchdowns in Indiana's only loss, 42-35 at Ohio State to the team that would eventually lose in the national championship. It was the second-most yards in school history.

But the following week, he tore his ACL for the second time in a win over Maryland, and was lost for the season. He spent eight months rehabbing trying to get ready for the 2021 season, but he was rusty and went just 2-2 in his first four starts this season. And on Oct. 2, he was brought down hard on a tackle at Penn State and separated the AC joint in his left throwing shoulder.

He wound up missing the rest of the season — and the Hoosiers never won another game, dropping eight games in a row.

Like everyone says - he stays healthy we have QB1

If

Thanks for the info, Race!

I see he entered the portal shortly (within a week) after DeBoer was hired as Head Coach at Washington.
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

trublue said:

Looking to pass a math class
    The 2001 Rose Bowl winning Washington team was replete with academic geniuses. How many were taking up to 12 hours/term of Swahili to maintain eligibility?

See 5-part series from Seattle Times about academic prowess of those “Ivy League” academicians on the Husky team.

Fuck off, Clown Boy.
  • Options
    The 5-part series was/is archived on the WWW.

Anything in it you’d like to refute, Tard?

The issues that team had and the way they were handled was probably no different than most Top 25 teams.

Definitely, a step up from the entire SEC.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    trublue said:

The 5-part series was/is archived on the WWW.

Anything in it you’d like to refute, Tard?

The issues that team had and the way they were handled was probably no different than most Top 25 teams.

Definitely, a step up from the entire SEC.

Okay. Then sub monitor/keyboard for copy of article.

I am going to guess that you may even have a personal copy of that particular article given how much it means to you.
  • Options
    It was a series of articles (five) about the Huskies 2001 Rose Bowl winning team.

Cowskee will bet and you will guess I have a copy of the article(s).

Both of you are full of shit and seem a tad bit sensitive on the subject.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    trublue said:

It was a series of articles (five) about the Huskies 2001 Rose Bowl winning team.

Cowskee will bet and you will guess I have a copy of the article(s).

Both of you are full of shit and seem a tad bit sensitive on the subject.

Seriously? A single article posted in five parts?

I wasn't aware of that. ( SARKASM.)

It doesn't change your fixation one tiny bit.

And, no, I don't really care. That was half a fucking (or not fucking in your case) lifetime ago.

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,084
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Wasn’t that article timed to highlight the way Ty was “cleaning up” the program (by the coog owned newspaper:)?

Well played coogs👍🏻
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Agree, Ewa.

Winning is all that matters to virtually every single FBS football program in the NCAA.

If Husky JW wants to take pokes at Oregon, the dumbfuck can certainly do better than taking a poke at Vernon Adams, Jr’s lack of academic prowess.

ALL good programs have dirty laundry.

• Options
    edited March 2022

Wasn’t that article timed to highlight the way Ty was “cleaning up” the program (by the coog owned newspaper:)?

Well played coogs👍🏻

Anything factually inaccurate in the articles?
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    trublue said:

Agree, Ewa.

Winning is all that matters to virtually every single FBS football program in the NCAA.

If Husky JW wants to take pokes at Oregon, the dumbfuck can certainly do better than taking a poke at Vernon Adams, Jr’s lack of academic prowess.

trublue said:

Agree, Ewa.

My good friends uncle has a great story about Chad Cota’s freshman year…..drank himself gay.

(Just in mouth)
  • Options
    Who’s your good friend’s uncle spreading this information.

Nothing beats hearsay evidence . . . “My good friends uncle has a great story about Chad Cota’s freshman year …”

Previously posted by Husky JW, who else? . . . Try something original.

Are you two Bozos one and the same person?

Did he anally rape a UW co-ed like a certain Husky did on the 2001 Washington Rose Bowl Championship team?