Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Released texts from yesterday's article in The Athletic on final days of Jimmy Lake at UW

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club
The whole article is broken down in Swaye's Wigwam. But here was a telling text exchange between Cohen and Cauce four days after the Oregon sideline incident with Jimmy Lake and Hardcore Husky Player of the Year, Ruperake Fuavai

Ahead of a scheduled Thursday meeting that week between Cohen and Lake, Cauce and Cohen each expressed hope the coach would show some willingness to alter his approach — and communicated in a way that left open the possibility he might return to coach the team following his suspension.

“Hoping this can be an opportunity for growth,” Cauce wrote in a text message. “If not… well….”

Cohen replied: “I’m so hoping he can see he needs to make changes. This will be a very telling moment.”

In reading between the lines, Cauce knew all along Lake was terrible at his job and had to go. And once again, Cohen sounds like an overweening mom praying for her wayward son to be contrite and not get fired.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,776 Founders Club
    Petersen loved Jimmy

Cohen loved Jimmy

Cauce had doubts

Right

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

Petersen loved Jimmy

Cohen loved Jimmy

Cauce had doubts

Right

You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022

In reading between the lines, Cauce knew all along Lake was terrible at his job and had to go. And once again, Cohen sounds like an overweening mom praying for her wayward son to be contrite and not get fired.

How do you figure on Cauce?

Does she have other comments that support this interpretation?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

Does she have other comments that support this interpretation.
    Like I said I'm reading between the lines. It's possible I'm wrong, but more likely I'm right
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,555 Swaye's Wigwam

Petersen loved Jimmy

Cohen loved Jimmy

Cauce had doubts

Right

You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time
    Fool me twice, won’t get fooled again.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam

Does she have other comments that support this interpretation.
    Like I said I'm reading between the lines. It's possible I'm wrong, but more likely I'm right
    The fact that Cohen is still AD leads me to believe otherwise
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,397
    For me, I'd say a pretty standard response. I had several bosses (ADs) tell me a variation of this, over the years..."You can run it the way you want, I will stay out of the way, and am here to help you. If you cheat I will fire you, and if something gets to my desk, I will take action on it, and you might not like the result"...

The school and image take a hit when something like this goes down, as well as the egos of those up the food chain who signed off on the hire(s). A lot of us thought Jen was a wizard for CP / Hop / Yimmy early on in each hire. She is either really good at her job and was just unlucky twice, horrible at it, or somewhere in between...I don't fault her for CP, speaking as a currently burned-out coach...
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,368
    I like the AD that sits you down and says, " you better win games and put us in position to win the conference every year, with a shot now and then at a NY6. You got three years to get there and i don't care how you do it, just win, and if anything comes across my desk that makes me look bad, you're gone."

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
    I think the texts are public record so they can't say too much. They could mess with their phones to hide evidence like Durkan and Best did but it's not worth the reputational stain. If Cohen retires soon, do we trust Cauce to make the right AD hire?

At least former Husky Bruce Harrell is now Mayor after the massive disappointments of Durkan and Murray.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,358 Swaye's Wigwam
    Why in Gods name are you ever using a work phone if a public employee
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

Why in Gods name are you ever using a work phone if a public employee

i dont think public employees are the sharpest knives in the drawer.
    Asshole
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

I’ll believe we are good when I see it, but the buy in seems to be there. Good for DeBoer and the coaches.

It’s just a new, overarching can do attitude with these emaciated Dawgs.