Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Miss Me?

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I do.

Q: Occasionally your student section engages in vulgar chants and expressions, especially at football and men’s basketball games. Is there a way you’d like to see that change without tempering their enthusiasm?

A: My father told me people who use vulgarities — and I do from time to time as well — do so because of a lack of vocabulary. We are a family product and I wish we didn’t do it, but kids will be kids. We were all 18, 19, 20, 21 at one time, and you get your chuckles and you think it’s fun, but you don’t take into consideration that there are tender ears there and people offended by that stuff. I see it both ways. Them chanting things versus them showing up and having fun and having an increase in attendance from students, that far outweighs one chant one time. We get obsessed with looking at the negative when 95-99% of what they do is positive. I love our kids and love that they come with enthusiasm. Are they going to do things that sometimes I don’t like? Absolutely. But I want them to have fun, and I can’t wait for them to be future season-ticket holders. I want them to have those great memories and spirits, and I don’t want to tamp them down.

Comments