Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It just means more

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam

It's pro football down south. The Dolphins have sucked since 1983. The Falcon lol suck. The Titans usually suck

But the SEC lives on

UW either needs to cut the bullshit and go all in or they need to stop asking us to be all in

I love college football. Once upon a time UW was SEC west. Then Oregon was.

USC is doing what it takes. It appears that NIL has hurt Oregon now that people can meet their offer legally.

Pac 12 is in trouble regardless of what @haie and his friends say. Big trouble

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Your best effort Race

Couldn’t agree more with your comments on UW acting like they are all in with their asks of us to be all in when their actions aren’t indicative of being all in
  • Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2022

It's pro football down south. The Dolphins have sucked since 1983. The Falcon lol suck. The Titans usually suck

But the SEC lives on

UW either needs to cut the bullshit and go all in or they need to stop asking us to be all in

I love college football. Once upon a time UW was SEC west. Then Oregon was.

USC is doing what it takes. It appears that NIL has hurt Oregon now that people can meet their offer legally.

Pac 12 is in trouble regardless of what @haie and his friends say. Big trouble
    1 Karen Ramming with her granny's secret cookie recipe >>> 55 football support staffers at Bama answering to the Nicktator

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    All I have left are my Dallas Cowboys who have sucked dick for the larger part of 25 years.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The only thing left is Husky scrap metal salesman. Begging for money and asses in seats, while still scavenging off the 90's carcass. F us all
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022
    Organizations with a ton of money have a ton of "Fluff fucktard X" positions that amount to nothing, so we'll see. Sounds like it's just 2022.

I don't think Georgia and Alabama need that many and Florida and Texas haven't done shit.

So we'll see.

Oh DesertDuck has something to say about it, while the local drug task force surrounds his mobile home. Gaf
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Organizations with a ton of money have a ton of "Fluff fucktard X" positions that amount to nothing, so we'll see. Sounds like it's just 2022.

I don't think Georgia and Alabama need that many and Florida and Texas haven't done shit.

So we'll see.

Oh DesertDuck has something to say about it, while the local drug task force surrounds his mobile home. Gaf

Never change

Ever

I laughed

But you're wrong about the rest
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Your best effort Race

Couldn’t agree more with your comments on UW acting like they are all in with their asks of us to be all in when their actions aren’t indicative of being all in

Hammer meet nail and this is the problem for UW in a nutshell.

In their minds they are "all in" in terms of what they are willing to do and not do, but compared to the rest of the CFB programs that are serious about the sport and compete at the highest level UW isn't in the same Universe.

From On field results last 2 full seasons, to fan base engagement (can't wait to see minimum 20,000 empty seats at every game this year minus Michigan State), a non-existent NIL program (only been two years though, so there's still time - Doogs) and a brand new staff with very limited P5 experience and cache who while it appears to be doing all the basics in recruiting necessary, but so far their message is not resonating (and imo that's putting it kindly) with the recruits the program optics are as a bad as they've been in a very long time. Even the Gilby/TY years felt like there was hope as a change was coming. This feels like the new normal unless we find another unicorn coach like Pete.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Your best effort Race

I made that exact same comment during the 2020 season when UW had the All In marketing thing and you criticized me for promoting a negative agenda. It's all fine and good, but I'm pointing that out.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Your best effort Race

I made that exact same comment during the 2020 season when UW had the All In marketing thing and you criticized me for promoting a negative agenda. It's all fine and good, but I'm pointing that out.

A lot has changed within the last 2+ years … the UW is in a very different spot today than they were when they were trying to plug the massive gap that COVID caused

I think there was much more of a sense of keeping the lights on 2 years ago by people despite there being some warts in messaging and actions (which I also was critical of) being evident

Now the sense I get is that people are fed up with Jen’s stewardship and are effectively out until the words and actions start matching up again
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Maybe it's just hopium for me but I think the worst is over and things are looking up. What if Lake hadn't imploded enough to get fired and he became a dead man walking heading into 2022? Another year of Lake would have meant another year of mostly bad assistant too.

Instead, Cohen saw my posts on here and decided to listen to me by getting DeBoer and a promising staff. I LOVED how they played and sometimes I thought I was watching Chris Petersen's BSU teams.

NIL at least allows UW to compete out in the open relative to people who were doing it under the table (Oregon, USC, ASU who got caught, etc etc). What the UW needs more than anything is a rich af alum who is willing to lose at least a few million a year to get many of the WA and West Coast players they want.

I suspect DeBoer and his staff will be better than Pac-12 staffs regarding X's and O's but they need the Jimmys and Joes too.

Founders Club
    HFNY said:

Maybe it's just hopium for me but I think the worst is over and things are looking up. What if Lake hadn't imploded enough to get fired and he became a dead man walking heading into 2022? Another year of Lake would have meant another year of mostly bad assistant too.

Instead, Cohen saw my posts on here and decided to listen to me by getting DeBoer and a promising staff. I LOVED how they played and sometimes I thought I was watching Chris Petersen's BSU teams.

NIL at least allows UW to compete out in the open relative to people who were doing it under the table (Oregon, USC, ASU who got caught, etc etc). What the UW needs more than anything is a rich af alum who is willing to lose at least a few million a year to get many of the WA and West Coast players they want.

I suspect DeBoer and his staff will be better than Pac-12 staffs regarding X's and O's but they need the Jimmys and Joes too.

UW's only hope is that DeBoer coaches up the kids well, wins 10+ games in 2022 with the soft schedule, beats Oregon and wins a NY6 bowl game. That would be the only hope to spark recruiting and generate donations and sales revenue.

Courtney Morgan was supposed to be one of the great things DeBoer has done, and that is looking increasingly like a failure.
  • TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 461
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

HFNY said:

UW's only hope is that DeBoer coaches up the kids well, wins 10+ games in 2022 with the soft schedule, beats Oregon and wins a NY6 bowl game. That would be the only hope to spark recruiting and generate donations and sales revenue.

Courtney Morgan was supposed to be one of the great things DeBoer has done, and that is looking increasingly like a failure.
    I agree with you in principle but if UW doesn't get NIL straightened out then long term there is nothing that will make this program hyper competitive.
    Who is she?
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

HFNY said:

I agree with you in principle but if UW doesn't get NIL straightened out then long term there is nothing that will make this program hyper competitive.
    You're right