Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Russ to Denver

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,395
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Watson can't play in Houston because but 31 other teams are fine

Never understood that. If he's good to play then keep him. Houston sucks without him

I wondered the same. Was listening to talking heads this AM and apparently he demanded a trade out of there after his last season (before the sexual assault stuff came to light) which ended up being 4 - 12. Both sides hate each other, apparently.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Does Bobby Wagner get his own thread?

He should. He actually is a Hall of Famer unlike Wilson who isn't.
    They're both HOFers rather easily
    Wagner has been the top LB since he entered the league. Wilson has barely been even a top 10 guy at his position. If you let him in you have let in Stafford, Ryan, Eli, Rivers and Palmer . None of those guys are HOF's. Wilson has never had an MVP vote and has been All Pro 1 time in 10 years. None of those things are going to change in Denver because he isn't that type of player like he thinks he is. He is an overrated, arrogant, selfish prick.
    FOH

You can’t possibly be dumb enough to believe that.
    In his 10 years if you average out every year he is a top 10ish guy. Seahawks fans need to stop with this transcendent shit. At best he is a pretty good QB. He is way to inconsistent to be very good. He isn't anything more than that.
    This is dumb af.

Stop it.
    I'd love for you to back up your assertion that he's top 10ish for his career with any sort of objective metric.

I already gave you the players top 100 perspective.

Pro Bowl:
    2012: 1 of 11 (last NFL alternate so you could argue as low as 11th)
    2013: 1 of 6 originally selected
    2014: 1 of 6 originally selected
    2015: 1 of 6 originally selected, starter
    2016: Not selected
    2017: 1 of 6 originally selected
    2018: 1 of 12 (first NFC alternate, so you could argue as low as 10th)
    2019: 1 of 6 originally selected, selected as starter
    2020: 1 of 6 originally selected
    2021: 1 of 10 (second NFC alternate, you could argue as low as 10th)

Brady has been to 9 Pro Bowls in that time. Rodgers has been to 8. Brees went to 7 in his 9 years of this span.

Big Ben went to 6...total in his career. Matt Ryan's been to 4 total. Mahomes has been to 4 straight. Eli went to 4 total. Lamar's been to 2 in 4 seasons. Cam made 3. Matt Stafford and Josh Allen have been to 1.

Russ has firmly been inside the top 10 the vast majority of his career, and is probably around an average of the 5th best QB at any given point in his career. I get you don't like the guy and that's fine. He's not especially likable.

I doubt you have any real argument for his as "top 10ish" for his career. You certainly don't have any argument for "pretty good at best". At his best he's absolutely the elite of the elite. I agree he's not been that consistently. But he's been a lot better than pretty good, and certainly better than pretty good at best.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,395
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I'd love for you to back up your assertion that he's top 10ish for his career with any sort of objective metric.

Pro Bowl:

Brady has been to 9 Pro Bowls in that time. Rodgers has been to 8. Brees went to 7 in his 9 years of this span.

Big Ben went to 6...total in his career. Matt Ryan's been to 4 total. Mahomes has been to 4 straight. Eli went to 4 total. Lamar's been to 2 in 4 seasons. Cam made 3. Matt Stafford and Josh Allen have been to 1.

Russ has firmly been inside the top 10 the vast majority of his career, and is probably around an average of the 5th best QB at any given point in his career. I get you don't like the guy and that's fine. He's not especially likable.

I doubt you have any real argument for his as "top 10ish" for his career. You certainly don't have any argument for "pretty good at best". At his best he's absolutely the elite of the elite. I agree he's not been that consistently. But he's been a lot better than pretty good, and certainly better than pretty good at best.

Good enough to win a SB with an elite defense. Good enough to also lose a SB with an elite defense. Their playoff record since then was laughable with wins against very suspect teams, as was pointed out. Top-10 during his era, yes, but I would have him closer to 10 than 1. I don't think he's HOF material at all, but I seem to have higher standards than many people because I also think Eli should not get in and that more than half the guys in Halls of Fame are not really deserving.

dnc said:

Pro Bowl:

Good enough to win a SB with an elite defense. Good enough to also lose a SB with an elite defense. Their playoff record since then was laughable with wins against very suspect teams, as was pointed out. Top-10 during his era, yes, but I would have him closer to 10 than 1. I don't think he's HOF material at all, but I seem to have higher standards than many people because I also think Eli should not get in and that more than half the guys in Halls of Fame are not really deserving.
    Closer to 10 maybe but not by much. He’s probably 5-7. Early in his career he was behind Peyton, Brady, Brees and Rodgers and at the top of the next tier. Now he’s behind Mahomes, Allen, Brady, Rodgers and toward the top of the next tier.
    I agree the HOF bar is too low and Eli doesn’t deserve to be in.

If Eli is a HOFer then Bill Russell better be your NBA GOAT because all you care about is rings.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,714
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

If Eli is a HOFer then Bill Russell better be your NBA GOAT because all you care about is rings.

Check

Russell
    Jabar
    Magic
    Michael
    LeBron

dnc said:

Check

Russell
    Jabar
    Magic
    Michael
    LeBron
    Why do you hate Big Shot Bob?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022

dnc said:

Pro Bowl:

The elite defense in the second year was banged up and was getting shredded the whole fourth quarter.

He’s been a great QB. The personal bias is stupid. He showed and produced at a high level every year except last year, and he was hampered by injury last season. He’s gotten better since those two Super Bowls, not worse. Unfortunately he got his money, his supporting cast got old, and the team was not as good.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,714
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Check

Russell
    Jabar
    Magic
    Michael
    LeBron
    Why do you hate Big Shot Bob?
    Big fan

All Bench Team
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Pro Bowl:

Your citing Pro Bowls? Its a popularity contest. 1 All-Pro in 10 years. That will never improve. No MVP votes. This certainly wont go up. At best Hall of very good. As of now, he is battling for the last wild card spot in the AFC. Decent chance they don't even make the playoffs. This won't put him over the top to get in.

dnc said:

Pro Bowl:

Your citing Pro Bowls? Its a popularity contest. 1 All-Pro in 10 years. That will never improve. No MVP votes. This certainly wont go up. At best Hall of very good. As of now, he is battling for the last wild card spot in the AFC. Decent chance they don't even make the playoffs. This won't put him over the top to get in.
    Players top 100, pro bowl, passer rating, TD: INT - there's a plethora of metrics that show Russ is easily a top 10 QB over the span of his career.

You have yet to point to one that suggests he's not.

Still waiting.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Check

Russell
    Jabar
    Magic
    Michael
    LeBron
    Van Nostrom
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Pro Bowl:

Players top 100, pro bowl, passer rating, TD: INT - there's a plethora of metrics that show Russ is easily a top 10 QB over the span of his career.

Still waiting.
    stop bullying Krunkjuice
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Pro Bowl:

Still waiting.
    Lol now we are citing the meaningless players vote. Should have also added last time he wasn't All Decade and won't be on the next one either. Those will be reserved for Aaron Rodgers/Joe Burrow and Patrick Mahomes. Actual Hall of Fam level players. Now we are at no All Decade Team, no MVP votes in 10 years, 1 all pro team team in 10 years. You don't get put in the HOF on metrics. You are put in on accomplishments and he won't achieve anymore of those. Denver isn't really a QB away and now they have no meaningful draft picks and will have to pay him after this year. The window has already closed on them.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I have no dog in this fight. I hate the Seahawks. I hate the 12s. I hate RW because he’s been a 49ers killer over his career.

To say RW is not top 10 is kinda far fetched to me. I wouldn’t call him top 5 as that group includes Brady, Mahomes, Rogers, Allen, Manning before his arm fell off, and probably a few others.

This article on CBS Sports prompted this poast.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-how-qb-landscape-changed-forever-as-carousel-goes-off-rails-plus-biggest-winner-next-move/

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022
    Seattle was never gonna win another Super Bowl with Wilson -- not as long as Jody Allen owns the team and leaves everything up to Carroll. Only way it could happen would be a total overhaul in the front office and coaching staff, and that's not in the cards. But besides that, you'd have to be blind not to see that Wilson has plateaued and he's just getting older with more off-field distractions. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start getting hurt every year. Time has a way of catching up with you -- especially when you've been pretty injury resistant your first 10 years.

2022 will be very painful for Seahawks fans.

Edited to add: There is no way in hell Wilson plays 10 more years.
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Seattle was never gonna win another Super Bowl with Wilson -- not as long as Jody Allen owns the team and leaves everything up to Carroll. Only way it could happen would be a total overhaul in the front office and coaching staff, and that's not in the cards. But besides that, you'd have to be blind not to see that Wilson has plateaued and he's just getting older with more off-field distractions. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start getting hurt every year. Time has a way of catching up with you -- especially when you've been pretty injury resistant your first 10 years.

Listening to Greg Olsen describe what things were like behind the scenes with Pete Carroll makes me realize that Pete is fully to blame for Seattle's decay
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

Watson doesn't want to play in the PNW.

Is that what he told you?
    No, Kim.
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Edited to add: There is no way in hell Wilson plays 10 more years.

I think Russ's best seasons are still to come