Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Russ to Denver

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My dog made the Pro Bowl one year when all the other dogs declined

You don't have to win a Super Bowl but as I pointed out winning 2 isn't a guarantee

Fran retired with all the records and Marino broke them all again

Russ isn't done but he's not in yet

It's not the hall of pretty good as the kids say
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jim Plunkett

2 rings
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,877
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

They might want to trade Jamal Adams too, if the Hawks don't win enough over the next couple of years then he'll be cunty.

I sense he might be cunty even if they go 14-2. Oops, excuse me, 14-3
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Seahawks weren't winning with Russell Wilson on his current contract and certainly not the one he is going to get in a season or two. There is a difference between animosity and being realistic. He is the greatest Seahawks QB of all time, a hall of famer, and wish him the best. It was time to move on. Did you want another season of Russ constantly being in 3rd and long, running around aimlessly, only to "almost" come back in the 4th quarter? Then complaining about how he doesn't have any protection or weapons? Thats exactly what would have happened this season, same as last. Now I agree that Schneider and Pete should have been kicked to the curb too, as I think Schneider has been the biggest problem of the 3.

We will see what happens. If the rumors are true and they are going after Watson it could get interesting. Or it could not be interesting at all. Either way it will be interesting.

They aren’t going to bring Watson to Seattle. The city would riot.
    What if he had a "no sexual assault" clause in his contract?

I am against sexual assault by the way.
    Link?
    Founders Club

So Cowherd said that Rusty got his panties in a bunch three years ago when the Hawks looked at Josh Allen pre draft

Being an annoying plastic fake person is fine when you win. Now it's just annoying plastic fake bullshit

IMO

When Jim Plunkett makes the HOF we can talk about Rusty. The consensus was that one SB win isn't enough for Stafford after this season

IMO

Wilson is the guy that when he gets popped for running a pedophile ring you aren't surprised.

Allegedly and IMO

Watson would be an upgrade. His secrets are out

I would have bet $5,000 Jim Plunkett was in the HOF
    Founders Club

So Cowherd said that Rusty got his panties in a bunch three years ago when the Hawks looked at Josh Allen pre draft

Being an annoying plastic fake person is fine when you win. Now it's just annoying plastic fake bullshit

IMO

When Jim Plunkett makes the HOF we can talk about Rusty. The consensus was that one SB win isn't enough for Stafford after this season

IMO

Wilson is the guy that when he gets popped for running a pedophile ring you aren't surprised.

Allegedly and IMO

There's a few non super bowl winning QB in Canton.

Foutsy, for instance, was a 6 time pro bowler. Wilson is a 9 time pro bowler which is as many at Marino and Franny each had.

My money is still on Rusty ending up in the HOF.

I loved it on Monday Night Football when Dennis Miller turned to him and said, "What's with the beard, Grizzly Fouts?"
    Founders Club
    Regarding Watson... If the Seahawk felt okay bringing Frank Clark here, they'll be okay bringing Watson here.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Does Bobby Wagner get his own thread?

He should. He actually is a Hall of Famer unlike Wilson who isn't.
    They're both HOFers rather easily
    Wagner has been the top LB since he entered the league. Wilson has barely been even a top 10 guy at his position. If you let him in you have let in Stafford, Ryan, Eli, Rivers and Palmer . None of those guys are HOF's. Wilson has never had an MVP vote and has been All Pro 1 time in 10 years. None of those things are going to change in Denver because he isn't that type of player like he thinks he is. He is an overrated, arrogant, selfish prick.
    FOH

You can’t possibly be dumb enough to believe that.

IMO

IMO

Allegedly and IMO

Foutsy, for instance, was a 6 time pro bowler. Wilson is a 9 time pro bowler which is as many at Marino and Franny each had.

All he needs is like two more decent seasons and it’s a sure thing.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,830
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

My dog made the Pro Bowl one year when all the other dogs declined

You don't have to win a Super Bowl but as I pointed out winning 2 isn't a guarantee

Fran retired with all the records and Marino broke them all again

Russ isn't done but he's not in yet

It's not the hall of pretty good as the kids say

So I conferred yesterday with all of my college football hating, NFL loving douche canoe buddies and they all stated that Rusty is a lock for Canton.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Too bad old fucks like me do the voting

IMO

IMO

Allegedly and IMO

I would have bet $5,000 Jim Plunkett was in the HOF
    Never made a Probe Owl
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The argument how good Russell is is pointless. It should be about whether or not the Seahawks could win a Super Bowl with him right now and they can't, not with their limited draft capital and salary cap. Every year they go into the off season with these grand plans to rebuild the O Line and defense and end up signing a few journeymen who are average at best and nothing significant changes. Same shit would have happened this year. So do you want 1-2 more years of mediocre football? Or tear it down and start the rebuild.

I am not fully aware of the Broncos roster but I assume they have a lot of young talent on small contracts and can afford Russells deal/future deal. I know they have a great stable of WRs but thats about it. Russ could do really well in Denver, doesn't mean what Seattle did was a bad deal.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited March 2022

IMO

IMO

Allegedly and IMO

I agree, I think he gets in. I think Fouts and Marino were other-level guys and, at QB, you need that if you don't have a SB. Elway would have made the HOF w/o the Supers at the end of his career, where he was doing less and letting his teammates do more.

I don't think that Russ as a passer was on Marino's or Fouts' level. Those two guys had defense problems, and one of them had a running game problem and an average receivers problem to go with it. They were just fucking brilliant on their own and everybody understood why they didn't have rings. You take away Russ' ring, and I wonder how the conversation goes. I also wonder if he loses one or two of those pro bowl votes.

He was obviously a very good QB and probably makes the HOF. In today's game, his skin tone doesn't hurt his chances either. Let's just be honest about that. The NFL is still on the ropes relatively to minority hiring at the coach level, and everyone knows they had a race problem at QB for much of the league's history. They feel badly about that now.

But when you get to 9 pro bowls, you're very good, no doubt, although Pro Bowls can be a momentum thing and a popularity contest too. Said another way, when big names have good seasons, they get voted in while no names don't tend to get that benefit of the doubt.

You add All Pro and All Decade and league MVPs and now you're talking about a fucking elite player.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If I had to bet I'd bet he gets in despite taking the contrarian view

I'm not 100 percent sold on Two Ring Manning the Younger either but his two rings came with memorable plays.

Once again Russ' getting the second ring brings the last minute drive and Kearse catch into legend status and its no question

Russ is better than Dilfer and healthier than McMahon - the three greatest defenses to win the Super Bowl. The second one would have been more Russ than the D that folded to Brady

Russ also has a lot of years left if healthy
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,830
    Swaye's Wigwam

If I had to bet I'd bet he gets in despite taking the contrarian view

I'm not 100 percent sold on Two Ring Manning the Younger either but his two rings came with memorable plays.

Once again Russ' getting the second ring brings the last minute drive and Kearse catch into legend status and its no question

Russ is better than Dilfer and healthier than McMahon - the three greatest defenses to win the Super Bowl. The second one would have been more Russ than the D that folded to Brady

Russ also has a lot of years left if healthy

I'm taking baby steps towards more NFL hawt talk since I'm quitting on the college game.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

They might want to trade Jamal Adams too, if the Hawks don't win enough over the next couple of years then he'll be cunty.

Other teams don’t want that contract. He will never live up to it, but they have to find a way to make him a productive player. We are stuck with him. He’s a fine player in the right spot but you gotta be able to cover
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Wagner has been the top LB since he entered the league. Wilson has barely been even a top 10 guy at his position. If you let him in you have let in Stafford, Ryan, Eli, Rivers and Palmer . None of those guys are HOF's. Wilson has never had an MVP vote and has been All Pro 1 time in 10 years. None of those things are going to change in Denver because he isn't that type of player like he thinks he is. He is an overrated, arrogant, selfish prick.
    FOH

Some of the RW hate is ridiculous. To not like him is fine. He has some personality flaws, but the guy is and has been a very good QB for a long time.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,778
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I can't believe the animosity toward Russ. Yes, he's weird and a bit sanctimonious, but he led Seattle to levels of success we'd never had before.

Surprised you're surprised

HFNY said:

Other teams don’t want that contract. He will never live up to it, but they have to find a way to make him a productive player. We are stuck with him. He’s a fine player in the right spot but you gotta be able to cover
    dnc said:

dnc said:

FOH

Some of the RW hate is ridiculous. To not like him is fine. He has some personality flaws, but the guy is and has been a very good QB for a long time.
    The players top 100 isn't a perfect metric by any means but it at least tells you who the players think are the best. Russ has been eligible for the list 9 times. He's made it 9 times. His only ranking outside the top 25 overall was the rank after his rookie season (he was 51st). That's also the only time he's been lower than 8th out of QB's (he was 11th).

Out of QB's he's ranked 11, 5, 5, 5, 8, 7, 2, 5 for an average of 5.8.

"Barely even top 10 at his position".

BTW Russ has ranked ahead of Wagner every year of their careers except 2019. Bobby missed the list completely 3 times. He's been top 25 four times. Russ has been top 25 eight times.

Bobby Wagner is amazing.

Russ has easily been the more valuable and important player.