Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,024 Founders Club
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,224
    Thought for a split second that your thread title was just being funny. Raley is out of control.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,024 Founders Club

Thought for a split second that your thread title was just being funny. Raley is fucking terrible.

FTFY
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

Thought for a split second that your thread title was just being funny. Raley is out of control.

I almost didn't post it, but UW articles are a scarcity at the moment
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    Put 20 pounds on him and make him a Donald Jones. Chris Stevens.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
  • louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 350
    While I really liked Adams' RB film coming out of high school I think he might provide the most value as a slot receiver. Taj Davis is as close as we have to a possession receiver and he's still very unproven in that role. I'm not sure Odunze and McMillan are interested in catching 7 yard comeback routes up the seam but this offense needs someone who can do that. My wet dream is that we pick up Joey Hobert out of the transfer portal from WSU.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

While I really liked Adams' RB film coming out of high school I think he might provide the most value as a slot receiver. Taj Davis is as close as we have to a possession receiver and he's still very unproven in that role. I'm not sure Odunze and McMillan are interested in catching 7 yard comeback routes up the seam but this offense needs someone who can do that. My wet dream is that we pick up Joey Hobert out of the transfer portal from WSU.

Cosign on Adams to WR (and Hobert to UW).

Get a good WR, not Adams. Move him to defense. There is at least a somewhat possible chance he eventually ends up a starter on contributor at safety. It’s not like we are loaded there.

Everyone has been a disappointment or is young and unproven, besides Cook. I don’t know if Cook is great but he’s the only one that at least lays some hits.

Cam Williams tries but has always been a bad tackler and his ball skills haven’t really shown up much because he’s always 40 yards downfield.

Asa Turner doesn’t need to even be discussed anymore. He’s probably the biggest pussy of any player we have had for years.

Irvin is always hurt and has sucked when he has played. KamFab gets another chance but was terrible when he started early in the year.

Adams is rail thin. He might be a DB but he's definitely not a safety.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Is he fast enough to play corner? It might be better to have him gain 20 pounds and play as an outside linebacker
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

Get a good WR, not Adams. Move him to defense. There is at least a somewhat possible chance he eventually ends up a starter on contributor at safety. It’s not like we are loaded there.

Everyone has been a disappointment or is young and unproven, besides Cook. I don’t know if Cook is great but he’s the only one that at least lays some hits.

Cam Williams tries but has always been a bad tackler and his ball skills haven’t really shown up much because he’s always 40 yards downfield.

Asa Turner doesn’t need to even be discussed anymore. He’s probably the biggest pussy of any player we have had for years.

Irvin is always hurt and has sucked when he has played. KamFab gets another chance but was terrible when he started early in the year.

He’s listed at 200 and I just went and looked at some pics of him. He’s definitely lean, but he has enough size to play safety.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    Deboer throws to the running backs a lot. Adams is a good receiver. I think he has more reason to stay at running back now than before.

dnc said:

He’s listed at 200 and I just went and looked at some pics of him. He’s definitely lean, but he has enough size to play safety.
    Saw some allegedly very recent pics where he looked skinny as hell, if he's a legit 200 I agree he's big enough for safety. Obviously with his dad I would expect him to swell up.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club
    chuck said:

Deboer throws to the running backs a lot. Adams is a good receiver. I think he has more reason to stay at running back now than before.

McGrew might have had a handful of long runs-after-catches with DeBoer were he still around