Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Russ to Denver

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,387
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Does Bobby Wagner get his own thread?
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

He should. He actually is a Hall of Famer unlike Wilson who isn't.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hooks in shambles
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The Seahawks just fleeced the Broncos

Then everyone who has been shitting on Schneider better give him credit too
    Founders Club

I am going to miss #54 a lot
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I can't believe the animosity toward Russ. Yes, he's weird and a bit sanctimonious, but he led Seattle to levels of success we'd never had before.

While I joke and post my favorite ad naseum today, you are correct. RW won an SB and was a bad play call away from winning 2 in a row.

I feel like PC had some weird bipolar shit going on in his head with competing ideas of let Russ cook vs RTDB/play defense to win championships. The RTDB/defense was the formula for the first SB but that formula was already getting stale by 2013. I feel like PC started to embrace the let Russ cook on that goal line play only to get burned and then conclude that RTDB/defense was the way. This trade is a result of that idea winning.

But don’t worry Seahawk fans, John Schneider once drafted some great players in the kid rounds and is a genius or something.

Founders Club
    edited March 2022

The fact that the Seahawks didn't space this out and give Wagner his proper farewell in the media is horseshit. Not proper at all.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Seahawks just fleeced the Broncos

Depends if we actually draft well. Drew Lock isn’t gonna cut it at QB. Getting two above average to good players along with the picks helps. Fant and Shelby Harris are both good.

The Broncos haven’t made the playoffs in forever. They finally got a QB and it could end up being great for them. They have been so bad at QB for so long that they had to do what it took to get one. I read an article that said they have a ton of cap space. Getting Russell Wilson makes them a better free agent destination than Teddy Bridgewater.

As a Seahawks fan, I’m excited about the trade because the team was stale. They wisely released Wagner too. It’s good to finally put an end to this and get to watch a different team.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The fact that the Seahawks didn't space this out and give Wagner his proper farewell in the media is horseshit. Not proper at all.
    The only way I can rationalize this is Bobby responded to the RW trade by saying he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild and asked for his release and they honored it. Otherwise it's kind of unfathomable timing.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    They might want to trade Jamal Adams too, if the Hawks don't win enough over the next couple of years then he'll be cunty.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Seahawks weren't winning with Russell Wilson on his current contract and certainly not the one he is going to get in a season or two. There is a difference between animosity and being realistic. He is the greatest Seahawks QB of all time, a hall of famer, and wish him the best. It was time to move on. Did you want another season of Russ constantly being in 3rd and long, running around aimlessly, only to "almost" come back in the 4th quarter? Then complaining about how he doesn't have any protection or weapons? Thats exactly what would have happened this season, same as last. Now I agree that Schneider and Pete should have been kicked to the curb too, as I think Schneider has been the biggest problem of the 3.

We will see what happens. If the rumors are true and they are going after Watson it could get interesting. Or it could not be interesting at all. Either way it will be interesting.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Seahawks weren't winning with Russell Wilson on his current contract and certainly not the one he is going to get in a season or two. There is a difference between animosity and being realistic. He is the greatest Seahawks QB of all time, a hall of famer, and wish him the best. It was time to move on. Did you want another season of Russ constantly being in 3rd and long, running around aimlessly, only to "almost" come back in the 4th quarter? Then complaining about how he doesn't have any protection or weapons? Thats exactly what would have happened this season, same as last. Now I agree that Schneider and Pete should have been kicked to the curb too, as I think Schneider has been the biggest problem of the 3.

We will see what happens. If the rumors are true and they are going after Watson it could get interesting. Or it could not be interesting at all. Either way it will be interesting.

They aren’t going to bring Watson to Seattle. The city would riot.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So Cowherd said that Rusty got his panties in a bunch three years ago when the Hawks looked at Josh Allen pre draft

Being an annoying plastic fake person is fine when you win. Now it's just annoying plastic fake bullshit

IMO

When Jim Plunkett makes the HOF we can talk about Rusty. The consensus was that one SB win isn't enough for Stafford after this season

IMO

Wilson is the guy that when he gets popped for running a pedophile ring you aren't surprised.

Allegedly and IMO

Watson would be an upgrade. His secrets are out
    edited March 2022
    dnc said:

They aren’t going to bring Watson to Seattle. The city would riot.
    What if he had a "no sexual assault" clause in his contract?

I am against sexual assault by the way.

So Cowherd said that Rusty got his panties in a bunch three years ago when the Hawks looked at Josh Allen pre draft

Being an annoying plastic fake person is fine when you win. Now it's just annoying plastic fake bullshit

IMO

When Jim Plunkett makes the HOF we can talk about Rusty. The consensus was that one SB win isn't enough for Stafford after this season

IMO

Wilson is the guy that when he gets popped for running a pedophile ring you aren't surprised.

Allegedly and IMO

Watson would be an upgrade. His secrets are out

Corny Russ > Hollywood Russ
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

He should. He actually is a Hall of Famer unlike Wilson who isn't.
    They're both HOFers rather easily
    Wagner has been the top LB since he entered the league. Wilson has barely been even a top 10 guy at his position. If you let him in you have let in Stafford, Ryan, Eli, Rivers and Palmer . None of those guys are HOF's. Wilson has never had an MVP vote and has been All Pro 1 time in 10 years. None of those things are going to change in Denver because he isn't that type of player like he thinks he is. He is an overrated, arrogant, selfish prick.