Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hopkins needs to go

OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
I think it’s pretty clear that little stretch of playing well was fools gold. This team is bad and even worse their best player is a 1 year rental. Hopkins tried to make it work with high school players, he’s now tried to make it work with a bunch of transfers. The problem is him. Unfortunately Jen gets to hire his replacement so we’re probably nowhere near the bottom.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm about to make a cheap shot comment...

But I'm picturing a SNL skit where Jen calls him into her office to fire him. But right before she does so, Hop drops to the floor and begins doing push ups.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,783
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Yeah, he's not the answer. A month ago, they had a legit shot at the NIT if they could keep the pace, but it's clear they're a nobody team. 14-15 after two really lousy years ought to be enough, but this is Washington which kept Romar four years too long.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022
    I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Maybe NBA is coming back to Seattle but this a basketball culture for college and pro. Anyone who went to UW and played around the U-District (not playing zone in the IMA like a fucking cuck like 'Teq') knows this is a legit sleeping giant basketball area.

We've hired complacent coaches who either recruit well or run some fucking zone and think it's good enough and these losers wouldn't succeed anywhere. It's been proven.

We have new facilities around the corner, and our current players walk around with more expensive shit than anyone else on campus. Fucking A', Arizona got it done, we should be able to as well.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Maybe NBA is coming back to Seattle but this a basketball culture for college and pro. Anyone who went to UW and played around the U-District (not playing zone in the IMA like a fucking cuck like 'Teq') knows this is a legit sleeping giant basketball area.

We've hired complacent coaches who either recruit well or run some fucking zone and think it's good enough and these losers wouldn't succeed anywhere. It's been proven.

We have new facilities around the corner, and our current players walk around with more expensive shit than anyone else on campus. Fucking A', Arizona got it done, we should be able to as well.

You sound like me from five years ago
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

You sound like me from five years ago
    They need to try something new and see what colored bone Dubs chooses or some shit to determine which nothing conference underdog coach they're hiring next.

Because that still would have more thought behind it than Jenn's reasoning for hop.

I saw yesterday that the women's team was the 12 seed and got beat down in the first round. Another amazing hire.
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Hopkins is back next year unless he quits
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2022

Hopkins is back next year unless he quits

"Hop is evolving. I'm so proud of him."
    I would of fired Hopkins at the end of last year.

Good dude. I have met him and having nothing bud good things to say about him as a person. I wish he was successful.

But he needs to go
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This is a cakewalk sport where all sorts of different little dipshit schools located in backwater nowheres are putting together winning basketball programs. Anything less than a S16 run should be the curtain call for Hopkins, given that he didn't even deserve to keep his job this year to begin with.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is a cakewalk sport where all sorts of different little dipshit schools located in backwater nowheres are putting together winning basketball programs. Anything less than a S16 run should be the curtain call for Hopkins, given that he didn't even deserve to keep his job this year to begin with.

I think there's a small chance he's still gone if privately, he can't point to anyone he's bringing in that will get him past the bottom 3 in conference next year.

But most likely the Oregon game saved him.