Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Query for LoneStarDwag

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,755
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited March 2022 in Tug Tavern

Stop worrying about president, he’s only as powerful as what’s below him.

Get involved in local politics, fix school boards, city council, state reps. The federal stuff will sort out accordingly.

I recall you saying you got involved at the local level. Would you mind disclosing your experience? What did you do actually and how do you see it making an impact in you community?

TYFYS

@LoneStarDawg

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    https://youtu.be/INf7l-uHM9Q

https://precinctstrategy.com/

It’s not complicated, look up your county GOP leadership, find out if your precinct chair is vacant and start the application process. My precinct was vacant for the last ~10 years. There are 3600 registered voters. I started knocking on doors of people who are consistent republican voters to connect and setup a network.

Attend monthly County meetings, as a precinct chair you have voting rights and can fill out committees.

I’m interested in school boards and city council seats, we’re getting a PAC organized to recruit people to these seats and flush people out we don’t like.

My county (Dallas Suburb) is pretty strongly red so we (GOP) can do what we want. It’d be harder in a hard blue county. But people are fired up right now, it’s a big tent.

I’ve only been doing this for a few months so TBD on outcomes but I’ve enjoyed personally meeting with candidates during this primary season and helping push aside some pretenders and fakes.

Washington primary is July 15-August 2nd. It’s a perfect time to get involved and start shaping the primary races.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    This is great.

Thank you.

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    When we finally pull the trigger and move to TX or FL, my first act will be to get the flag up. I figure when my new neighbors spot the WA plates they might get the wrong idea, so I want to let them know that we actually love this country.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Alexis said:

46XiJCAB said:

When we finally pull the trigger and move to TX or FL, my first act will be to get the flag up. I figure when my new neighbors spot the WA plates they might get the wrong idea, so I want to let them know that we actually love this country.

Actually happened to my son quite a bit. Went down to A & M for grad school and he'd be playing golf with some local old folks and when they asked him where he was from, he'd tell them Washington originally and then he had to hurriedly tell them his dad actually worked for a living so he didn't grow up as a retard.
    We need a secret handshake or something
  • Options
    Founders Club
    When I was out of the country my renter was a big beto bro and had a huge sign.

Multiple neighbors have pointed that out to me.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,534
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I get a lot of crap from other RVers here in Texas. They notice I haven't changed my plates on the rolling house. It seems most around here are conservative, this is my third stop of over a month and can tell San Antonio is much more Dem than rural areas (well duh).
    The mask wearing is mostly Mexican, black and "those young enough to not worry about Covid but are Bidenistas". You know the normal Oh My God We Are All Gonna Die democrats.

here is the primary results for gov and lt gov

I read it was a small turnout but I am new to Texas
  • Options
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

I get a lot of crap from other RVers here in Texas. They notice I haven't changed my plates on the rolling house. It seems most around here are conservative, this is my third stop of over a month and can tell San Antonio is much more Dem than rural areas (well duh).
    The mask wearing is mostly Mexican, black and "those young enough to not worry about Covid but are Bidenistas". You know the normal Oh My God We Are All Gonna Die democrats.

https://rumble.com/vwcdpv-boris-epshteyn-highlights-results-of-texas-exit-polling.html

Pretty big swing from the last midterm
  • Options
    LebamDawg said:

Have an uncle in hill country north of SA. He moved there in 07’ to escape Cali craziness. Whenever I talk he complains of the GD Californians moving in and screwing things up.
  • Options
    Roughly 840K more Republican votes cast than DiMS. I’m hearing Beto is a serious challenger.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    With the DNC hemorrhaging going on in south Texas a white progressive with a fake Hispanic name isn’t going to fix anything
  • Options
    I heard that Texas progressives made great inroads. Eating their own. Sounds like Texas is in play, again.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    LebamDawg said:

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that the GOP is going to slaughter in the midterms based on turnout.

Beto should move to Cali or King County where he has a chance at being elected by the blue cultists.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,870
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that the GOP is going to slaughter in the midterms based on turnout.

Beto should move to Cali or King County where he has a chance at being elected by the blue cultists.

He’d be a tough out (I like to say that) in my HOA election that’s coming up.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,534
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Harris County will be the one to watch, if they stop the returns 2 hours after the polls close because of a burst pipe - then Beto will stand a chance
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,578
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Alexis said:

46XiJCAB said:

Actually happened to my son quite a bit. Went down to A & M for grad school and he'd be playing golf with some local old folks and when they asked him where he was from, he'd tell them Washington originally and then he had to hurriedly tell them his dad actually worked for a living so he didn't grow up as a retard.
    We need a secret handshake or something
    They've got way gayer shit at tamu