Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How this plays out...

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Throughout history with people like putin you can't apply logic. The only consistency is the desire to rule, own, dominate. Putin is clearly not going to stop at Ukraine. The numbers were clearly not in hitlers favor but he did what all putin and hitler types do, he overplayed his hand. Logic was not a factor.

In modern history the constant is Europe's behavior of doing nothing in the face of obvious danger and cuddling up to evil dictators..

History just keeps on repeating itself over and over and over again. We have seen this movie more than once. The same people types and countries doing the same fucking things. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Putin will have to be stopped but this time there is no strong leader or country to force any change. It certainly isn't the USA, our armed forces have skirt wearing men and an 80 year old commander in chief who was actually in bed with the Russians and got paid for it. A guy who ridiculously boasted that putin was afraid of him. We are now a nation full of woke pussies who hate their country. Anyone over 40 have any confidence in the younger generation signing up to fight evil? Me either.

NATO? name one thing NATO has done that strikes fear into any dictators heart.

Putin is renewing history. The world gets fat and happy. Self centered, lazy and local. A crazy despot clearly sees the opening and takes it only to meet a violent end by the lazy and narcissistic populace who hopefully and finally snap out of it and realize what is happening. They learn their lesson for 50 years and renew investment in armaments and readiness because they remember there are bad guys out there. Slowly the memory dies off and you start getting fat and lazy again and turning your armed forces into a politically woke organization and the whole thing starts all over again.

Someone in Europe is going to have to step up and I have zero clue who that is going to be.

It will have to be a Brit or a German. France is France and NOGAF about any of the other countries.
    France did capture a Russian cargo ship today, so they have at least done something.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

My pure guess is the Germans won't do shit because of energy: 50% of it coming from Russia. It will be up to the Brits. Like always.

70% but yeah
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

46XiJCAB said:

pawz said:

This ends in a few weeks with the eastern chunk of Ukraine as a quasi-Russian state, rest of Ukraine as a demilitarized state that will never join NATO, and a bunch of sanctions that won’t touch oil or natural gas but will probably push Russia to closer ties with China and will push a few folks (India and Pakistan types) to separate deals with that axis. All the stuff of Cold War wet dreamers…

Biggest worry is if China looks at this and the vegetable Biden and decides to make a play…

This.

I'm not buying the 'Putin is Hitler where will it end' talk.

Biden brought this on himself for trying to talk tough from behind his sippy cup. All they had to do weeks ago was tell Putin Ukraine wouldn't ever be a part of NATO. This has been an overt red-line of Putin's for 15 years. They do this and it knee caps Putin's justifications - real or imagined.

With all that said, China will make a move on Taiwan.

What is sippy cup going to do then? End Hunter's allowance?

The Vegetable couldn't pull the possibility of NATO off the table. The receipts are being held in Ukraine.

For those not on Telegram, the rumor floating around is MULTIPLE bio-weapons labs in Ukraine with US ties.

"Senator Paul, with all due respect, you are entirely and completely incorrect that the NIH has not never and does not now fund gain-of-function research [in Ukraine]."

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

pawz said:

46XiJCAB said:

pawz said:

This ends in a few weeks with the eastern chunk of Ukraine as a quasi-Russian state, rest of Ukraine as a demilitarized state that will never join NATO, and a bunch of sanctions that won’t touch oil or natural gas but will probably push Russia to closer ties with China and will push a few folks (India and Pakistan types) to separate deals with that axis. All the stuff of Cold War wet dreamers…

Biggest worry is if China looks at this and the vegetable Biden and decides to make a play…

This.

I'm not buying the 'Putin is Hitler where will it end' talk.

Biden brought this on himself for trying to talk tough from behind his sippy cup. All they had to do weeks ago was tell Putin Ukraine wouldn't ever be a part of NATO. This has been an overt red-line of Putin's for 15 years. They do this and it knee caps Putin's justifications - real or imagined.

With all that said, China will make a move on Taiwan.

What is sippy cup going to do then? End Hunter's allowance?

The Vegetable couldn't pull the possibility of NATO off the table. The receipts are being held in Ukraine.

For those not on Telegram, the rumor floating around is MULTIPLE bio-weapons labs in Ukraine with US ties.

"Senator Paul, with all due respect, you are entirely and completely incorrect that the NIH has not never and does not now fund gain-of-function research [in Ukraine]."

Obk is somewhere shaking his monitor.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Lightweight heard from
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,801
    Founders Club
    edited February 2022

The nicest way I can say this is that the grasp of the situation here is very low. It’s mostly conspiracy theories and or incorrect assumptions. This is borne of looking at it through an American political lens, and just a simple lack of rudimentary knowledge of the region.

I don’t have any ideas with even partial confidence on how this plays out anymore, and I bet no one does. I’m consistently surprised at developments, and I’m more involved in this than 99.99% of the population.

I haven’t been able to reach my 88 year old grandmother for three days now, and she lives in the center of Kyiv. A friend is supposed to check on her when he’s not busy patrolling, but the metro has been shut down to be used exclusively as a bomb shelter, driving is obviously not safe, and the roving bands of civvy dressed Russian various VDV, Alfa, and Vympel units are a really good reason to limit exposure on the streets. Hence the curfew. A big advantage for the locals that it’s very easy to determine who is a local and who isn’t by their inability to speak any Ukrainian. Kind of reminds me of the stories of American GIs asking Germans saboteurs dressed in US gear whether Lou Gehrig or Ted Williams is their favorite Yankee.

If I had to guess on how this plays out the only certainty I have is “not well.” Considering that’s how it’s always been there I think it’s a safe bet. The only other really sure bet is that the US is in absolutely no danger beyond some relatively minor economic boo-boos that are a small fraction of either Dubya boondoggle.

Look forward to hearing more input.

Best of luck to your family. God speed.

• Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

Ukraine is winning the information war rather easily. I hope the rest goes as well.

Why didn't Russia just take out some ads on Facebook?
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Throughout history with people like putin you can't apply logic. The only consistency is the desire to rule, own, dominate. Putin is clearly not going to stop at Ukraine. The numbers were clearly not in hitlers favor but he did what all putin and hitler types do, he overplayed his hand. Logic was not a factor.

In modern history the constant is Europe's behavior of doing nothing in the face of obvious danger and cuddling up to evil dictators..

History just keeps on repeating itself over and over and over again. We have seen this movie more than once. The same people types and countries doing the same fucking things. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Putin will have to be stopped but this time there is no strong leader or country to force any change. It certainly isn't the USA, our armed forces have skirt wearing men and an 80 year old commander in chief who was actually in bed with the Russians and got paid for it. A guy who ridiculously boasted that putin was afraid of him. We are now a nation full of woke pussies who hate their country. Anyone over 40 have any confidence in the younger generation signing up to fight evil? Me either.

Putin is renewing history. The world gets fat and happy. Self centered, lazy and local. A crazy despot clearly sees the opening and takes it only to meet a violent end by the lazy and narcissistic populace who hopefully and finally snap out of it and realize what is happening. They learn their lesson for 50 years and renew investment in armaments and readiness because they remember there are bad guys out there. Slowly the memory dies off and you start getting fat and lazy again and turning your armed forces into a politically woke organization and the whole thing starts all over again.

Someone in Europe is going to have to step up and I have zero clue who that is going to be.

Absolutely have confidence that the younger generation will step up if needed.

The boomers have fucked this country inside and out and the younger generations are infinitely better than them. I believe in them.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    Founders Club

"Putin will have to be stopped but this time there is no strong leader or country to force any change. It certainly isn't the USA, our armed forces have skirt wearing men and an 80 year old commander in chief who was actually in bed with the Russians and got paid for it. A guy who ridiculously boasted that putin was afraid of him. We are now a nation full of woke pussies who hate their country. Anyone over 40 have any confidence in the younger generation signing up to fight evil? Me either."

If we had any leadership, then I do have confidence in the under 40 year old that would volunteer for the military. The problem is that the professional officer class (over 35) is a neutered mess. Think of the traitor Colonel Vindman. He shouldn't be a Scoutmaster, let alone a US colonel.

FTF
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2022

The boomers have fucked this country inside and out and the younger generations are infinitely better than them. I believe in them.
    I hope you’re joking . . . The younger generation(s) were parented by Boomers.

The Boomers biggest failure was not preparing their children to the realities of work and accountability (adulthood).
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2022
    RoadTrip said:

"Putin will have to be stopped but this time there is no strong leader or country to force any change. It certainly isn't the USA, our armed forces have skirt wearing men and an 80 year old commander in chief who was actually in bed with the Russians and got paid for it. A guy who ridiculously boasted that putin was afraid of him. We are now a nation full of woke pussies who hate their country. Anyone over 40 have any confidence in the younger generation signing up to fight evil? Me either."

If we had any leadership, then I do have confidence in the under 40 year old that would volunteer for the military. The problem is that the professional officer class (over 35) is a neutered mess. Think of the traitor Colonel Vindman. He shouldn't be a Scoutmaster, let alone a US colonel.

FTF
    My personal fave:

Obama shooting a shotgun . . .

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/white-house-may-have-doctored-photo-of-obama-shooting-a-shotgun/
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,333

I am no defender of baby boomers, many of them are the parents of the younger generation that seem to hate this country so much. Do you believe it will be blm fans or antifa that take time out from their looting, burning, beating and murdering or will it be the tough guys who are in their safe spaces that are going to step forward and volunteer? You might be right though, young liberals strike fear in the hearts of people like putin when they are being offended by the name of Washington or Lincoln on the front of a high school entrance.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

It will have to be a Brit or a German. France is France and NOGAF about any of the other countries.
    Europe already ceded their countries to muslims. So I guess it's gonna have to be the European Islamic terrorists at the front
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    edited February 2022

I am no defender of baby boomers, many of them are the parents of the younger generation that seem to hate this country so much. Do you believe it will be blm fans or antifa that take time out from their looting, burning, beating and murdering or will it be the tough guys who are in their safe spaces that are going to step forward and volunteer? You might be right though, young liberals strike fear in the hearts of people like putin when they are being offended by the name of Washington or Lincoln on the front of a high school entrance.
    I am around the youth constantly with work and basketball. The ones I’m around know their grandparents are responsibility for much of the mess we are in. They are not America hating at all. We have to get away from believing that the vocal minority represents the majority on both sides.

The boomers were raised by the so called greatest generation and look how they turned up. So using that the logic that the young people were raised by a shitty generation is kind of thrown out the door

They have access to info we never had and are extremely knowledge because of it. They have insight on world affairs we never had.

I fully believe they will make better decisions and choices than their parents and grandparents did.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    trublue said:

I hope you’re joking . . . The younger generation(s) were parented by Boomers.

The Boomers biggest failure was not preparing their children to the realities of work and accountability (adulthood).
    You're a little off with the generational thing.

Boomers aren't the orange slices and juice box generation. That's reserved for a younger crew of parents.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    Standard Supporter

I am around the youth constantly with work and basketball. The ones I’m around know their grandparents are responsibility for much of the mess we are in. They are not America hating at all. We have to get away from believing that the vocal minority represents the majority on both sides.

The boomers were raised by the so called greatest generation and look how they turned up. So using that the logic that the young people were raised by a shitty generation is kind of thrown out the door

They have access to info we never had and are extremely knowledge because of it. They have insight on world affairs we never had.

I fully believe they will make better decisions and choices than their parents and grandparents did.
    Actually, they don't have a better insight. Speaking with a broad bruch, but their world view is that the US isn't special and we should have a world government. They are completely insular with their viewpoints and their short attention spans are not spent on learning history and economics. Look who runs Google and Facebook. They are in no way America Firsters. MAGA is viewed as hate speech. Think of the slobberer. One thing is certain, the baby boomers refused to pay their own debts and there is no way that the next generations are going to pay our debts and their debts.