Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Projected Mariners Starters

TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Upcoming Starters
Player IP W L ERA
1 Robbie Ray 187 12 10 3.75
2 Marco Gonzales 166 9 10 4.50
3 Chris Flexen 166 10 10 4.34
4 Logan Gilbert 136 8 8 4.04
5 Justin Dunn 77 3 6 5.03
6 Nick Margevicius 27 1 2 4.33
7 Robert Dugger 20 1 1 6.30

Will they call up the two rookies, Emerson and Hancock? Any chance of adding another free agent?

IMO the top 4 are an improvement over what has been a pretty bleak picture over the last few years

Comments

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2022
    I see this as a .500 team this year as they make progress developing talent and improved hitting and starting pitching without making progress on W/L… just MO

Last year was smoke and Mirrors, somehow they wound up with at least 10 wins more than talent would indicate.

Squat boy is gone, who is going to create RBI’s besides Haniger? Would sure seem like a great time to add a big time free agent bat, and there are some bats out there…

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There are going to be some changes still. They're not content with the fifth starter being Dunn or Sheffield but I'm not sure what they're going to do. I think the first four are strong enough that I'm alright with them rotating some young guys already in the organization through the fifth spot until they find a hot hand.

There are definitely going to be 4-5 positional player name changes from these rosters they're projecting the starters from. Jake Fraley is not going to be an opening day starter unless something goes really wrong. I don't see Toro at third base either.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Agree, Dunn and Sheffield are 4A guys IMO
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Upcoming Starters
    Player IP W L ERA
    1 Robbie Ray 187 12 10 3.75
    2 Marco Gonzales 166 9 10 4.50
    3 Chris Flexen 166 10 10 4.34
    4 Logan Gilbert 136 8 8 4.04
    5 Justin Dunn 77 3 6 5.03
    6 Nick Margevicius 27 1 2 4.33
    7 Robert Dugger 20 1 1 6.30

Will they call up the two rookies, Emerson and Hancock? Any chance of adding another free agent?

IMO the top 4 are an improvement over what has been a pretty bleak picture over the last few years

Same guy.

And he's probably fourth in line of the minor league arms. Brash is probably first, then Williamson or Kirby (Williamson has more Double A IP but Kirby has better control, could go either way there).

Hancock is almost certainly not seeing the bigs before September, and even that is optimistic. Needs to build up innings and show he can stay healthy.

That is a solid top 4, if they can stay healthy they will be in pretty good shape.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Right, I was thinking of Kirby and Hancock… and Kirby is further ahead reportedly….
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A solid top 4 with at least 3 high end arms ready to debut at #5 is a good situation. Injuries could still wreck it but that's really all I'm worried about in terms of starting pitching. The bullpen has the arms to be better than 2021 too.

This can happen. They just need to make a couple of good moves and add some offense.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Add Kris Bryant and Clayton Kershaw to 3 year deals.. or the unpalatable Trever Bauer and a first baseman... that makes a quantum leap toward fielding a team that can contend.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Add Kris Bryant and Clayton Kershaw to 3 year deals.. or the unpalatable Trever Bauer and a first baseman... that makes a quantum leap toward fielding a team that can contend.

Matt Olson could be had and would only get something like 25 mil for the next two years. I'd sacrifice a high end prospect and some role players and get him right now.

Bryant doesn't excite me. If he would sign a 3 year deal that would be one thing, but I doubt he would.