Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just wandered over to ChiefHalfBrains.com

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
They're saying Mahomes sucks and that with Andy Reid the game has passed him by

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    Founders Club

Mahomes certainly did his best Russell Wilson impression in extending plays to get sacked for 15 yards in the 2nd half.

Right when it happened I texted that to a friend of mine
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,150
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chiefs are still entertaining but obviously in decline

The party is over

It's Burrow time
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2022

The party is over

It's Burrow time

This.

Tyreek Hill's contract expiration is going to impact the future of this team. KC already lacks much on the Offensive Line. The Defense has improved, but if they expect to pay Tyreek Hill what he's worth, that defensive roster is going to get gashed.

Burrow, Herbert, and Tua might be the best first round draft class since the 2004 first round class that had Roethlisberger, Manning, and Rivers. Tua is a reach, but skill set wise, I think Burrow and Herbert have more talent than any QB in that 2004 class.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The party is over

It's Burrow time

This.

Tyreek Hill's contract expiration is going to impact the future of this team. KC already lacks much on the Offensive Line. The Defense has improved, but if they expect to pay Tyreek Hill what he's worth, that defensive roster is going to get gashed.

Burrow, Herbert, and Tua might be the best first round draft class since the 2004 first round class that had Roethlisberger, Manning, and Rivers. Tua is a reach, but skill set wise, I think Burrow and Herbert have more talent than any QB in that 2004 class.
    Tua isn’t smart enough to be a good NFL QB. I said it.

Chiefs aren’t going anywhere. Mahomes to Hill and Kelce will stay pretty much unstoppable even as they decline in athleticism. Defense will remain an issue, but they keep contending.

Mahomes is great but he needs to get back to the basics and take care of the ball better. He tries to do too much.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

The party is over

It's Burrow time

This.

The Chiefs OL is really fucking good and will be for a longtime. Burrow is head and shoulders better than Herbert who is head and shoulders above Tua.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,105
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The football gods are punishing Mahomes for his obnoxious fiancée and insufferable brother
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,300
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

The party is over

It's Burrow time

This.

Chiefs aren’t going anywhere. Mahomes to Hill and Kelce will stay pretty much unstoppable even as they decline in athleticism. Defense will remain an issue, but they keep contending.

Mahomes is great but he needs to get back to the basics and take care of the ball better. He tries to do too much.
    Chiefs' window is closing because of the salary cap, not diminishing skills.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    TheHB said:

Chiefs' window is closing because of the salary cap, not diminishing skills.

patty mahomes got a $35mm cap hit in '22.

guessing the cap goes up next year but still, damn.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

The party is over

It's Burrow time

This.

You try running a huddle and Calling audibles when you can’t speak the language.