Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

KISS 1979 11 21 Seattle, WA - Seattle Center Coliseum (Stalin was there - age 8)

Comments

• Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,098
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How did you convince your parents to let you go? I want to hear the story of how you got to go and who you went with.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

El_K said:

How did you convince your parents to let you go? I want to hear the story of how you got to go and who you went with.

A long-lost buddy of mine from Spiritridge Elementary, Steve Swartout, got me into KISS. Late summer or fall of 1979, my mom took my sister and I down to Factoria Square and while in a drug store I saw the KISS Alive! album. I begged, pleaded and threatened until my mom agreed to buy it. When we got home I raced to my bedroom and tore the cellophane off the album. Up to that point my only records were The Eagles The Long Run which I had just got, and The Beatles Let it Be. So this was an eye-opener.

About a month later I dressed up as Gene Simmons for Halloween. And with KISS coming to the Coliseum in November, Steve's dad agreed to take Steve and I to the concert. I don't remember if it was a struggle or not to get permission from my parents.

Walking up to the Coliseum, I had never seen men with long hair before and I had never smelled pot before. We were a distance from the stage but when the explosions went off I could feel the heat of the flames. Great thrill, the whole thing.
    Whatever became of those long playing records?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,040
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

El_K said:

A long-lost buddy of mine from Spiritridge Elementary, Steve Swartout, got me into KISS. Late summer or fall of 1979, my mom took my sister and I down to Factoria Square and while in a drug store I saw the KISS Alive! album. I begged, pleaded and threatened until my mom agreed to buy it. When we got home I raced to my bedroom and tore the cellophane off the album. Up to that point my only records were The Eagles The Long Run which I had just got, and The Beatles Let it Be. So this was an eye-opener.

About a month later I dressed up as Gene Simmons for Halloween. And with KISS coming to the Coliseum in November, Steve's dad agreed to take Steve and I to the concert. I don't remember if it was a struggle or not to get permission from my parents.

Walking up to the Coliseum, I had never seen men with long hair before and I had never smelled pot before. We were a distance from the stage but when the explosions went off I could feel the heat of the flames. Great thrill, the whole thing.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2022

El_K said:

Sad. I still have the first 3 records I've ever bought. CDs too.

Cassette tapes went to Cellophane Square on the Ave.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,356
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Capital Mall is built on a garbage dump
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So is my Boathouse (basically).
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I saw alot of great concerts back in the 80s. But missed all the great late 70s stuff. Never saw Kiss back in the early days. One of my great concert misses. Early makeup Kiss. Bon Scott and Van Halen with DLR.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've got posters on the wall
    My favorite rock group Kiss
    I've got Ace Frehley
    I've got Peter Criss
    Waiting there for me
    Yes I do, I do
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've got posters on the wall
    My favorite rock group Kiss
    I've got Ace Frehley
    I've got Peter Criss
    Waiting there for me
    Yes I do, I do

I have the cake eater version of that record on vinyl. And the pour people CD too.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,040
    Founders Club

So is my Boathouse (basically).