Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A couple of podcast announcements

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,379 Founders Club
Me, JoeEDangerously and WoolleyDoog will be podding this Saturday morning. It will be a Recruiting Spectacular! Working title: Anytime you can beat out Bucknell for a Recruit, It's Special

Second, Race Bannon and I will be doing a series of episodes about the Don James years. We will be recording our first episode the week after the Super Bowl.

"Stay tuned... ;)"

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,379 Founders Club

Never stop looking back.

My personal DJ years story is I was hooking up with a track girl who occasionally fucked several of guys on the 90-91 team. It got me on a first name basis with the Hall Health STD doc which not everyone can say.

Someone, I think it was Gladstone, had this idea of a UW history podcast. I've actually been trying to not reference the 90s much anymore, but I do like this pod idea a lot. Many younger posters weren't around for those years.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,792 Founders Club
    If you’re up to doing research for the recruiting pod, break down a few transition classes such as 2005, 2009, 2014 or other major fail classes if you want. All of those transition classes had a lower star rating than Boners first class. Highlight the hits from each class and the epic misses. Some hard stats would be appreciated and a good listen. It’s all a crapshoot when your blood isn’t blue anyway. Thanks gents.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,256 Swaye's Wigwam

Never stop looking back.

My personal DJ years story is I was hooking up with a track girl who occasionally fucked several of guys on the 90-91 team. It got me on a first name basis with the Hall Health STD doc which not everyone can say.

Someone, I think it was Gladstone, had this idea of a UW history podcast. I've actually been trying to not reference the 90s much anymore, but I do like this pod idea a lot. Many younger posters weren't around for those years.
    This is true. I'm too young to even remember any Don James teams and about once a year I go to Wikipedia and look at the seasons from 79-84 and marvel but I know almost nothing about them other than minor footnotes, especially outside of 84.

If you’re up to doing research for the recruiting pod, break down a few transition classes such as 2005, 2009, 2014 or other major fail classes if you want. All of those transition classes had a lower star rating than Boners first class. Highlight the hits from each class and the epic misses. Some hard stats would be appreciated and a good listen. It’s all a crapshoot when your blood isn’t blue anyway. Thanks gents.

This is a good idea. Doing some research. Immediate name that jumps out at me. Rashad Goodrum. Man I hate Husky football.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,379 Founders Club

This is a good idea. Doing some research. Immediate name that jumps out at me. Rashad Goodrum. Man I hate Husky football.
    Epic miss: Mike Vindivich
  • TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 466
    I knew Mike. Nice Croatian boy but you could tell he had him some demons.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,551 Founders Club

I had already planned to talk about the 09 class but will now elaborate on 05 and 14. Thanks for the recommendation

Me, JoeEDangerously and WoolleyDoog will be podding this Saturday morning. It will be a Recruiting Spectacular! Working title: Anytime you can beat out Bucknell for a Recruit, It's Special

Second, Race Bannon and I will be doing a series of episodes about the Don James years. We will be recording our first episode the week after the Super Bowl.

"Stay tuned... ;)"

Recruiting: yes
    Spectacular: highly unlikely
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    More interested in racebannon’s party stories at Sodom and Gomorrah

Me and @JoeEDangerously will always be haunted by Andrew Basham. Don't know why but I feel like that guy would have been legit or at least an interior version of like Ali Gaye.

Me and @JoeEDangerously will always be haunted by Andrew Basham. Don't know why but I feel like that guy would have been legit or at least an interior version of like Ali Gaye.
    I’ll try to remember to break down my insider info on Basham
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club
    I'd like to hear a segment where you rate Karen Ramming's tweets on a scale from Duck Shit to Quack-Quack.
  • KimsCopperPennyKimsCopperPenny Member Posts: 221

I knew Mike. Nice Croatian boy but you could tell he had him some demons.

I thought his problem was injuries
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,358 Swaye's Wigwam
    I was promised defence hot talk!

But this actually sounds like a better subject right now. Any patterns in the recruiting classes that led to strong teams for UW?
    Canadawg said:

I was promised defence hot talk!

But this actually sounds like a better subject right now. Any patterns in the recruiting classes that led to strong teams for UW?

I’ll try to work it in
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,291 Swaye's Wigwam

Never stop looking back.

I got a high five from the Hall Health Dr. when he told me I didn’t have the AIDS!
    Podding commences at 0900 hours
    @Canadawg Sorry, I did a binge on Inge and had to check in to Shick Shadle. I’ll get to it next time. Also, we spent too much time before recording talking music. Our fault.