Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kirkland Reverse Couch Sale?

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,276 Swaye's Wigwam
edited January 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board

Comments

• 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 714 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bring him back, more depth
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,276 Swaye's Wigwam
    In all seriousness it would be a positive, especially with how little the young linemen have stepped us thus far. I think he's a much better guard or right tackle but I get that he won't play that and might be the best option at LT for now.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022
    Does he have eligibility left or is he just sitting out the draft? I don’t see him on the roster
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Clearly a positive if he’s back … talented OL

Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a portal after the Spring of a player or two looking for playing time … there is a bit of a blocking element here
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,933 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Clearly a positive if he’s back … talented OL

Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a portal after the Spring of a player or two looking for playing time … there is a bit of a blocking element here

I see what you did there.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    edited February 2022
    Would love to have the guy back, believe it would best suit him go back to guard or right tackle where I think that he has a better shot at getting drafted and playing in the Pro's... would love to hear the opinion of that from folks in here that understand the subtlety of line play by position... what I see is a guy that got beat fairly often, didn't appear to have the elite footwork, technique and leverage required to be a high level LT but could possibly evolve into a Pro Guard.

On the other hand, it seemed obvious that he was playing hurt [we know he has all kinds of heart] so hard to know what his position and ceiling is. Thoughts?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club
    I hope Rosengarten pushes Kirkland to RT or guard. Troy F. moves to guard along with maybe Curne or one of the young guys, Gaard, Hatchet or Mauro. I pray Boner and Grubb get the very best 5 players in the field. If Kirkland has to move to guard to get PT because RR or Mele are better than him then so be it. No favorites or handshake deals.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,365 Swaye's Wigwam
    Our best Olineman coming back is a good thing?