Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why you should NEVER Buy an Orange County Chopper

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Didn't watch, but I'm going to guess he assumes the viewer isn't insecure enough for a chopper to make sense?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched that showfor a while back in the day. The metal fabrication aspect was briefly of interest to me, plus those idiots fooled me into thinking they knew what they were doing.

It didn't take long to see what a train wreck those bikes were though. I remember one where everything was finished but it wouldn't bolt together because of some design flaw. The mockup build they had done didn't include any of his custom decorations. Instead of any real analysis of the problem and fix, they simply started bending the more flimsy parts around until all the bolt holes lined up. I remember someone's concern that disassembly following that probably meant cutting it apart.

Then they delivered that piece of shit to whatever company had paid (I assume) huge $$ for it. For real.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I watched that showfor a while back in the day. The metal fabrication aspect was briefly of interest to me, plus those idiots fooled me into thinking they knew what they were doing.

It didn't take long to see what a train wreck those bikes were though. I remember one where everything was finished but it wouldn't bolt together because of some design flaw. The mockup build they had done didn't include any of his custom decorations. Instead of any real analysis of the problem and fix, they simply started bending the more flimsy parts around until all the bolt holes lined up. I remember someone's concern that disassembly following that probably meant cutting it apart.

Then they delivered that piece of shit to whatever company had paid (I assume) huge $$ for it. For real.

Never watched that shit, but whatever company paid big dollars for a chopper and got a useless art piece wasn't cheated at all. They were delivered exactly what they paid for. It is basically impossible to make something that raked out actually steer properly. It is impossible to make something that long, low, and wide actually turn. If one buys a chopper expecting a fully functional motorcycle, they're an idiot.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Never watched that shit, but whatever company paid big dollars for a chopper and got a useless art piece wasn't cheated at all. They were delivered exactly what they paid for. It is basically impossible to make something that raked out actually steer properly. It is impossible to make something that long, low, and wide actually turn. If one buys a chopper expecting a fully functional motorcycle, they're an idiot.
    They aren't always that style. Even Orange County did some bikes that were potentially rideable, at least in terms of basic geometry.