Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'll be fine

13»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    While My Guitar Gently Weeps is objectively the best song ever.

Ok I kid, but I'm a Beatles guy and I think it's probably their best song. It's easily top 5 all time for me.

Sometimes Layla sneaks in there too. Duane Allman raised the quality tenfold of everything he touched.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,267
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Slowhand came out when I was in high school, and I loved The Core, but for me peak Clapton (without Cream) was Let it Rain and / or Bell Bottom Blues, Mainline Florida close…
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,827
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Genius songwriter, below average guitar player… cunt of a guy

I’m waiting for the Rogan pod with Clapton.

Neil can’t play guitar like Clapton but kicks the shit out of the guy as a writer of songs.
    Clapton has some good tunes out there, lot of overplayed radio hits. Clapton just had the street cred from fellow guitar legends that Neil doesn’t have that gives his mystique. Neil’s catalog is FAR more superior in my opinion.
    I'll always put Clapton on the Mt Rushmore of technically gifted rock guitarist. But yeah, he can't hold Neil's jock strap as a songwriter. And most of his best work was in the group setting- i.e., Cream, Beatles, Blind Faith, Delaney and Bonnie, Derek and the Dominos, etc
    Mainline Florida is a bitchin song from his late seventies stuff and I’ll admit some of his eighties songs are poppy but guilty pleasures

https://youtu.be/DnX2ccA0rnA