Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lake and Cohen

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
It looks like I was right. In the article in The Athletic, Ryan Porter said that after the Oregon game Jen Cohen met with the players. She said that she wanted to bring Lake back for the 2022 season. Back in October I had a strong feeling that she never wanted to fire him.

Comments

• TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    Does the article say what or who changed her mind?
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    TXDawg said:

Found the article. Unbelievable. She two faced them too. They run that place with all the HR savvy of Starbucks.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

I have some very strong opinions on how the last couple of months went down … some of it I’m not 100% sure I want to completely elaborate on

Jimmy was Jen’s hire … she was proud of it for so many reasons and a large part of it being that she is 1000% in the Petersen way of doing business

She showed her hand too many times to actively think that she wanted to fire Jimmy … but there’s also plenty of accounts out there that she’ll throw someone in front of the bus if she needs to

In the end I think her hands with Jimmy were tied by a combination of people further up the food chain than her and signaling that financials would look grim with Jimmy retained

I need to think about if I want to publicly put out some of the info I’ve heard the last few months and connecting the dots on what I think happened

Let’s just say that Jen needs to be out ASAP

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

It looks like I was right. In the article in The Athletic, Ryan Porter said that after the Oregon game Jen Cohen met with the players. She said that she wanted to bring Lake back for the 2022 season. Back in October I had a strong feeling that she never wanted to fire him.

Some chinsider info I heard from a guy with a nephew on the team is that Lake lost the confidence of the team immediately after the Oregon game when he didn’t own to hitting St Rupake.
    Uh. He lost it before then. Anyone worth a damn was going to transfer before that. He was willingham and Gilby bad.
    True, I might be butchering what I heard. It might be that he lost the entire team after that.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TXDawg said:

TXDawg said:

Found the article. Unbelievable. She two faced them too. They run that place with all the HR savvy of Starbucks.
    Starbucks? I'd be thrilled if they ran the AD with the competency of our favorite mediocre coffee giant. What am I missing? Because right now I think a bikini espresso stand is the more apt comparison for our rag tag group of shitty AD employees.
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 759
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

TXDawg said:

TXDawg said:

Starbucks? I'd be thrilled if they ran the AD with the competency of our favorite mediocre coffee giant. What am I missing? Because right now I think a bikini espresso stand is the more apt comparison for our rag tag group of shitty AD employees.
    This comparison only works if the bikini barista is gender neutral, doesn’t know how to make coffee, and constantly posts about how much better the coffee is at the place down the street.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

I have some very strong opinions on how the last couple of months went down … some of it I’m not 100% sure I want to completely elaborate on

Jimmy was Jen’s hire … she was proud of it for so many reasons and a large part of it being that she is 1000% in the Petersen way of doing business

She showed her hand too many times to actively think that she wanted to fire Jimmy … but there’s also plenty of accounts out there that she’ll throw someone in front of the bus if she needs to

In the end I think her hands with Jimmy were tied by a combination of people further up the food chain than her and signaling that financials would look grim with Jimmy retained

I need to think about if I want to publicly put out some of the info I’ve heard the last few months and connecting the dots on what I think happened

This is a gigantic bitch move right here. “Oh, maybe I shouldn’t say anything”. Then don’t tease us in the first place, asshat.

I hate it when people do this shit. Just do as a favor and shut the fuck up next time.
    Wokeness is spreading like cancer.
  • TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 461
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LawDawg1 said:

Either way it will be interesting!

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

This is a gigantic bitch move right here. “Oh, maybe I shouldn’t say anything”. Then don’t tease us in the first place, asshat.

I hate it when people do this shit. Just do as a favor and shut the fuck up next time.
    It tequilla so it doesn't really matter. The chance of him adding anything to what we already know is well established by all of his previously empty (but wordy) poasts.

I won't say worse than fudgie but I wouldn't correct you if you did.