Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There's a ton of good running backs in the portal, especially from other Pac-12 schools. Would be ideal for them to add at least one.

Other idea, the MAC and C-USA schools seem to always have a handful of good RBs. Seems like it might be a good idea with the portal now to steal one that has shown themselves already each year and bring them up to the big time.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2022
    I trust an offensive mind to get it right. The clusterfuck of the past two years is owned by Lake and JD. And sure, develop what we got and add another body sounds just fine.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Throw The Damn Ball
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

Throw The Damn Ball

I have no problem running the ball, but our talent should be throwing the ball.

I hate that Huff is returning, but I am counting on the OL to be much improved. They were good in 2020. No sacks in 4 games and the run game was decent. We have good recruits that have been in the program a few years.

I’m still appalled DeBoer watched the 2021 game film and even considered keeping Huff. He’s been a bum as a coach his whole time at UW.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Mad_Son said:

Throw The Damn Ball

I have no problem running the ball, but our talent should be throwing the ball.

I hate that Huff is returning, but I am counting on the OL to be much improved. They were good in 2020. No sacks in 4 games and the run game was decent. We have good recruits that have been in the program a few years.

I’m still appalled DeBoer watched the 2021 game film and even considered keeping Huff. He’s been a bum as a coach his whole time at UW.
    The antithesis of what UW needs, Huff has consistently done less with more when all UW needs to do is develop standard local/regional recruits to field a perfectly good OL to win the Pac12.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I must be in the minority but I trust DeBoer's judgement and he was likely able to choose between Huff and the OL coach he didn't bring with him from Fresno State (Roman S).

It's important to keep in mind that Donovan's scheme probably had something to do with the OL slipping in 2021. The players also could have been tuning out Socha once their realized Jimmy Fake was a clown.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

I must be in the minority but I trust DeBoer's judgement and he was likely able to choose between Huff and the OL coach he didn't bring with him from Fresno State (Roman S).

It's important to keep in mind that Donovan's scheme probably had something to do with the OL slipping in 2021. The players also could have been tuning out Socha once their realized Jimmy Fake was a clown.

I dont care what scheme Donovan might have been running, those guys should have been able to steamroll teams like Montana, Arizona, or Oregon State regardless.

Instead they looked fat, slow, weak, and confused against teams they should have been able to physically dominate if they were just in shape.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

HFNY said:

I dont care what scheme Donovan might have been running, those guys should have been able to steamroll teams like Montana, Arizona, or Oregon State regardless.

Instead they looked fat, slow, weak, and confused against teams they should have been able to physically dominate if they were just in shape.
    They didn’t look, they were fat, slow, weak and confused
  • HypnotiqueHypnotique Member Posts: 70
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    HFNY said:

2021 was not a one off for Huff and the OL. The line play has been trending down for multiple years. Huff is the one consistent & shouldn’t have been retained.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Houhusky said:

HFNY said:

They didn’t look, they were fat, slow, weak and confused

• BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I imagine Cam Davis will be the featured back, at least initially, given his pass-catching abilities. This offense is really reliant on the RB outlet.