Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some watch shots

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Seeing this thread bumped inspired me to post a picture of the collection. Hoping the 5 poor people watches and 1 nice one inspires other basement dwellers on here.

We share 3 watches from this pic (though mine are different color/style). Love that collection of yours!

I have a recent Seiko boner, just received a custom Mod that I'm stoked on (wanted the poor man's white gold salmon dial royal oak, very pleased with the outcome)

I, for one, support this AP doppleganger.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Seeing this thread bumped inspired me to post a picture of the collection. Hoping the 5 poor people watches and 1 nice one inspires other basement dwellers on here.

That Tudor gives me a total horology boner.
    I can count on one hand the number of days I haven't worn it since getting it. The Tudor and 5600 G Shock would be a pretty logical two watch collection, especially with getting a couple of nato and rubber strap options for the Tudor.

I have an itch for a chronograph, next. Need to decide if I have to have one now and go cheaper, or save pennies for a few years to get something epic.
    Listen to Swaye, alotta great chronos out there. Speedy pro hesalite can be had under 5k on secondary market (particularly the 1861 iteration)

My 3861 that was just released has come down in price a little but tends to hover above the 5k mark.

A recent shot (notice the scratches on the hesalite Chrystal that can be buffed out but will occur. If that's a no go for you, stick to Sapphire Crystal and pay a little more)

The bracelet on the new one is awesome. Would not be able to buy an older one knowing that bracelet exists. Hesalite has more of the cool distortions versus sapphire, right?
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

That Tudor gives me a total horology boner.
    I can count on one hand the number of days I haven't worn it since getting it. The Tudor and 5600 G Shock would be a pretty logical two watch collection, especially with getting a couple of nato and rubber strap options for the Tudor.

I have an itch for a chronograph, next. Need to decide if I have to have one now and go cheaper, or save pennies for a few years to get something epic.
    Listen to Swaye, alotta great chronos out there. Speedy pro hesalite can be had under 5k on secondary market (particularly the 1861 iteration)

My 3861 that was just released has come down in price a little but tends to hover above the 5k mark.

A recent shot (notice the scratches on the hesalite Chrystal that can be buffed out but will occur. If that's a no go for you, stick to Sapphire Crystal and pay a little more)

The bracelet on the new one is awesome. Would not be able to buy an older one knowing that bracelet exists. Hesalite has more of the cool distortions versus sapphire, right?
    Yes the distortions are a lot of fun and add visual appeal.

I will say this, I LOVE the bracelet on the sapphire, they polish the inner links and it really classes the watch up.

Purists choose the hesalite, Sapphire is definitely more modern and country club ready. The see through caseback on the sapphire is also a nice touch because the movement is awesome to view.

It's a pretty tough choice to be honest.

The only full disclosure knock I have on it is the water resistance is 50m which really means you can shower, wash hands, maybe get in the pool, but don't be flailing about.
    Founders Club
    Got the Crown and Caliber knockoff version of the Tudor nato strap.

Founders Club

Looks good. I've bought C&C shit before. Worked great.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't do NATO straps because I have a well documented fumbling problem.
    Founders Club
    I will probably reserve the nato only for weekends or being out during summer. Definitely more of a tool look. I prefer the look and feel of the bracelet for most situations. Might also get a fitted rubber strap by next summer.
    Founders Club
    Crown and Buckle was the shop...

Can't keep the name of all these online watch places straight.
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Newest to the collection: Seiko Alpinist 140 year Ginza Limited Edition.

This dial fucks.

The clasp is trash though so I ordered a vintage beads of rice bracelet and we'll see if it works better.

Cool watch. Great dial. Hard to get too.
    Founders Club
    Seiko makes a lot of killer dials. QC is spotty, and the bracelets all seem to suck. I still want to buy about 10 more, though.
    Founders Club

Seiko makes a lot of killer dials. QC is spotty, and the bracelets all seem to suck. I still want to buy about 10 more, though.

Yeah @Doogles sent me a picture of the bracelet. It's hot fucking garbage.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can't let this fall to the third page. In honor of @ChillyDawg and his surprisingly baller Cartier collection. RIP
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club
    That really is a nice watch @Doogles & you wear it well.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Your sig works well with that comment
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Your sig works well with that comment
    LOL! YRYK
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Can't let this fall to the third page. In honor of @ChillyDawg and his surprisingly baller Cartier collection. RIP

Chilly could have been a contender.

Autism is a bitch though.
    Founders Club
    How is this thread at the bottom of page 4?

I really like the Tissot PRX line. Royal Oak vibes, but not an homage or copy. They just released pics of the upcoming chronograph version, as well as green dials being offered for the quartz and automatic versions. I probably will get a quartz one to have an integrated bracelet in the lineup without getting in the way of my baller chronograph goals.

Founders Club

How is this thread at the bottom of page 4?

I really like the Tissot PRX line. Royal Oak vibes, but not an homage or copy. They just released pics of the upcoming chronograph version, as well as green dials being offered for the quartz and automatic versions. I probably will get a quartz one to have an integrated bracelet in the lineup without getting in the way of my baller chronograph goals.

I dig the second green one with the AP-esque dial. Nice piece.
    Founders Club
    Not sure if I ever showed this one or not. FP Journe. Quantième Perpétuel in Boutique only blue. A real stunner. I wear it a bunch. QP's are the most valuable complication in the watch game imho.