Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sir Mells, 2022 3* DT, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Considering options)

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

Supposedly he and his mommy hosted an emergency Twitter spaces yesterday so that he could let all his fans know that he is still a duck. His mommy told everyone that Sir just got upset about something so he scrubbed his Twitter account of all duck stuff and posted the angry emojis because he's young and still learning to control his emotions.

So I don't know how much of this is true, but this is how it was reported on the discord chat and as sad as it is, I don't think it's that far fetched

My guess is Oregon coaches told him they are looking to take more defensive linemen and while they'll honor his scolarship, they don't see much playing time for him and will let him out of his LOI if he wants to go elsewhere

Think you nailed it with the last paragraph. He can either show up and work his ass off to earn PT (highly unlikely) or go to a mountain west school
    Sounds like it's just a matter of how long it takes him to accept the obvious. I bet he bails before fall. Probably spring.

One of the most fascinating recruiting stories ever. Belotti and Tedford never heard of him and even Willingham thought he was not good enough when he came up here to camp
    I still haven't figured out who that is. I'm sure it's a familiar story and it feels like it's going to come to me randomly in a day or two.

Google lense thinks it is Kevin Hart.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

Supposedly he and his mommy hosted an emergency Twitter spaces yesterday so that he could let all his fans know that he is still a duck. His mommy told everyone that Sir just got upset about something so he scrubbed his Twitter account of all duck stuff and posted the angry emojis because he's young and still learning to control his emotions.

So I don't know how much of this is true, but this is how it was reported on the discord chat and as sad as it is, I don't think it's that far fetched

My guess is Oregon coaches told him they are looking to take more defensive linemen and while they'll honor his scolarship, they don't see much playing time for him and will let him out of his LOI if he wants to go elsewhere

Think you nailed it with the last paragraph. He can either show up and work his ass off to earn PT (highly unlikely) or go to a mountain west school
    Sounds like it's just a matter of how long it takes him to accept the obvious. I bet he bails before fall. Probably spring.

One of the most fascinating recruiting stories ever. Belotti and Tedford never heard of him and even Willingham thought he was not good enough when he came up here to camp
    I still haven't figured out who that is. I'm sure it's a familiar story and it feels like it's going to come to me randomly in a day or two.

He was a high school football player who had a commitment ceremony thing even though neither school knew who he was.
    Yeah I figured out that much. Just can't remember a name...if I ever knew it. Seems familiar though and that's why it's bugging me.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

He was a high school football player who had a commitment ceremony thing even though neither school knew who he was.
    Yeah I figured out that much. Just can't remember a name...if I ever knew it. Seems familiar though and that's why it's bugging me.
    http://www.espn.com/espn/eticket/story?page=kevinhart

Good long read
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Yep then that Hart kid tried to do the "I got scammed" card which ended up checking out about as well as when Manti got caught in his lies about Lennay Kekua.

Back to Sir Smells tho, did anyone watch his senior film? How was it?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

Good long read
    Thanks. I didn't buy it when I saw that name. Funny.

There's a different one I was thinking of and I remembered it. It involved UW and Sark and is a horrible story. Not one bit funny.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Yep then that Hart kid tried to do the "I got scammed" card which ended up checking out about as well as when Manti got caught in his lies about Lennay Kekua.

Back to Sir Smells tho, did anyone watch his senior film? How was it?

Elite
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

Good long read
    I read that story later last night. Jesus. That's not really funny either. It is an engaging read though.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022
    chuck said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

Good long read
    I read that story later last night. Jesus. That's not really funny either. It is an engaging read though.
    I feel like I heard the long term of the story was sad so nothing will ever be added to it but I have always hoped this story would be turned into an all-time great 30 For 30.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

Good long read
    I feel like I heard the long term of the story was sad so nothing will ever be added to it but I have always hoped this story would be turned into an all-time great 30 For 30.
    The article ended, or I finally fell asleep I'm not actually sure, with him still having a year of JC eligibility and turning around his school work. I didn't try to see what came after that.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

Good long read
    The article ended, or I finally fell asleep I'm not actually sure, with him still having a year of JC eligibility and turning around his school work. I didn't try to see what came after that.
    I’ve been able to find that Hart became a good JuCo player and went to legit DII Missouri Western, coach says he had D1 teams that wanted but passed because he had one fewer year eligibility at D1. The the last of his football career is this from Mo Western:
    Early exits from recent recruits — including much-hyped 2012 signee Kevin Hart, who left school to be closer to his family after redshirting last season
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    It actually was a story on Outside the Lines at one point
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

If this happened this year and he chose WASHINGTON I am pretty sure Jen and Jimmy would have honored the scholarship he offered himself.
    It's called doing things the right way
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

If this happened this year and he chose WASHINGTON I am pretty sure Jen and Jimmy would have honored the scholarship he offered himself.
    DISAGREE

We're full.