Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jayden Wayne, 2023 5* DE/OLB, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 8/10/20)

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

theLSkid said:

Fudgepacker, nobody said JTT or Emeka wasn’t very good because they were. It’s been Smalls and now this guy. And Smalls wasn’t producing and has basically gotten no better since he was a sophomore in high school.

I shared that my friend that goes to most Lincoln games (nephew starts as a sophomore and plays on both sides of the ball) had no idea who Jayden Wayne was. Others that have seen him play don’t seem to ever be impressed and say anything besides he looks the part but didn’t do much.

You are talking about changing protections in high school football. 95% of high school teams aren’t capable of that. The lineman suck and he should dominate.

You always have a meltdown over your TBS favorites not getting their dick sucked. How’s Banks at ASU doing? You and your butt buddy cry over him transferring after not playing for two years.

You’re telling me that a kid who starts on the team with Jayden doesn’t know who he is? That’s a little weird lol

He’s a dumbass. Ignore him.
    Says someone that thinks high school teams have multiple different types of pass protections. They audible at the line when Wayne lines up on the opposite side?

Lincoln has other good athletes and has been a good high
    theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

Fudgepacker, nobody said JTT or Emeka wasn’t very good because they were. It’s been Smalls and now this guy. And Smalls wasn’t producing and has basically gotten no better since he was a sophomore in high school.

I shared that my friend that goes to most Lincoln games (nephew starts as a sophomore and plays on both sides of the ball) had no idea who Jayden Wayne was. Others that have seen him play don’t seem to ever be impressed and say anything besides he looks the part but didn’t do much.

You are talking about changing protections in high school football. 95% of high school teams aren’t capable of that. The lineman suck and he should dominate.

You always have a meltdown over your TBS favorites not getting their dick sucked. How’s Banks at ASU doing? You and your butt buddy cry over him transferring after not playing for two years.

You’re telling me that a kid who starts on the team with Jayden doesn’t know who he is? That’s a little weird lol

Says someone that thinks high school teams have multiple different types of pass protections. They audible at the line when Wayne lines up on the opposite side?

Lincoln has other good athletes and has been a good high school program since their coach took the job. The reason he’s not producing isn’t because he plays for Stadium and gets tripled teamed every play.
    In high school we played a kid who went to Iowa and whenever we lined up, Green meant veer right, blue meant veer left, we called the play at the line and ran the option away from him unless he went to DE then we read him.

How difficult does that sounds to you?
    Oh we did that too to run away from guys. Just saying it’s not very complex and can be easily beaten by simple play calls and knowing the ball is going away from the stud. It’s not the reason fans are going to games and saying Wayne didn’t do much. This is Washington HS Football.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don’t think UW caters to stars at all. The players and their families have overhyped expectations because of playing for FSP and their coaches saying, “The disrespect is unreal” after Smalls was ranked 4th in the country. Most college coaches don’t give a shit about their star ratings once they have seen the kids for a couple weeks in practice.
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    theLSkid said:

No. He’s saying that kid’s uncle, who attends most of the games, doesn’t know who Jayden Wayne is.
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

theLSkid said:

No. He’s saying that kid’s uncle, who attends most of the games, doesn’t know who Jayden Wayne is.
    Nephew doesn’t talk to uncle about his teammate with multiple d1 offers? Lol
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

@GrandpaSankey…can’t you see the tall guy on the end?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2022

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

When I asked about the 5 star DE, he said he didn’t know. He knew the QB was good and said a big WR was good. I thought he was talking about Bogdan, but after watching the Hudl, maybe it was Wayne. I just figured Wayne would jump out and he would know who he was after attending a few games, but he didn’t. I don’t know what you want me to tell you.

Do you need to know when I talked to the uncle? It was Halloween weekend since you care so much. I’ll ask again next time I see him. I’ve seen him since then but we aren’t talking about Lincoln Football much. Unlike us, I doubt he’s checking the 247 rankings and gives a shit. He goes to games to support his family.

In any case, Wayne’s production is nothing special and should be better if he is really a 5 star.

I really doubt the kid is talking about all the players on the team. He’s not in the same grade and is also a good player. I’ll let you know if UW starts recruiting him.
    Jayden's the big WR, you fucking idiot. Nobody cares about what your uncle thinks.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

When I asked about the 5 star DE, he said he didn’t know. He knew the QB was good and said a big WR was good. I thought he was talking about Bogdan, but after watching the Hudl, maybe it was Wayne. I just figured Wayne would jump out and he would know who he was after attending a few games, but he didn’t. I don’t know what you want me to tell you.

Do you need to know when I talked to the uncle? It was Halloween weekend since you care so much. I’ll ask again next time I see him. I’ve seen him since then but we aren’t talking about Lincoln Football much. Unlike us, I doubt he’s checking the 247 rankings and gives a shit. He goes to games to support his family.

In any case, Wayne’s production is nothing special and should be better if he is really a 5 star.

I really doubt the kid is talking about all the players on the team. He’s not in the same grade and is also a good player. I’ll let you know if UW starts recruiting him.
    Jayden's the big WR, you fucking idiot. Nobody cares about what your uncle thinks.
    Could be man. I was sharing what I heard. None of my uncles are going to Lincoln games and I agree, who cares what they think.

Again, how is Banks? Any chance Uw gets in on him now that he’s in the portal?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

No doubt he’s good Ballz. Just having him be above average as a wr at 6’5” and 260 or whatever tells you he’s gifted. His film doesn’t lie on d though. He’s real raw at de and is getting recruited for his ceiling as you experts like to say.

• DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I may be wrong but I think this is his 6th unofficial visit to Oregon
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I may be wrong but I think this is his 6th unofficial visit to Oregon
    Do you blame him? They have a program that cares and a real NIL program and UW has Karen Ramming
  • TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 461
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Oregon is a perfect fit for him. He won’t start as a frosh though. Take your screenshots.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

This is starting to remind me of the posters that went after Stalin for not being impressed with Sirmon. Derek was the one that had actually seen him too play in person. But his arm talent! LSU and Alabama offered him too!

Not saying Wayne is Sirmon, but the whole “he’s good! He’s a 5 star” is bullshit. We can debate merits of recruits on this site. Egbuka was an amazing, legit 5 star. JT was too. I look around at other boards sometimes and have seen posters say they attended games and weren’t that impressed.

I’ve been wrong onerecruits but I do know if they are really good, Washington HS football isn’t that hard. A great recruit dominates.

Sirmon has/had arm talent … you can’t teach that

What went on between the ears (definitely important as a QB) was always the question … he never improved on it and burned out of two places

I’d much rather have someone burn out of a program because they couldn’t handle the mental side of the game than not having the athletic ability to start with
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    theLSkid said:

dtd said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

Lincoln has other good athletes and has been a good high school program since their coach took the job. The reason he’s not producing isn’t because he plays for Stadium and gets tripled teamed every play.
    In high school we played a kid who went to Iowa and whenever we lined up, Green meant veer right, blue meant veer left, we called the play at the line and ran the option away from him unless he went to DE then we read him.

How difficult does that sounds to you?
    You don't know what pass pro is, do you?
    Jesus Christ. I’m not saying I was reggie bush or anything but I played fucking college football, your dumbass couldn’t tell the difference between cover 7 stubbie and match quarters to the field with cover 6 to the boundary.

High school, I played LG,
    1.) We ran man protection.
    2.) full slide protection with our FB cutting the End, faking outside veer action
    3.) half-man half-slide with the FB faking the triple dive and cutting the DT.

Did you play HS football?

In college we ran 12 different punt formations with a two punter rugby system, you’ve probably never seen that. Ive forgotten more ball in my 25 years on earth than you’ll ever understand.

Chinned for Veer alone. God's offense.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Lanning was recruiting the guy while at UGA. It seems that programs that care see something. When he commits to Oregon he will officially become WDWHA ass.