Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My Friend's Gorgeous WWII Military Watch Won't Run, I Try to Restore It!

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What kind of a dumbass would say something isn’t worth his time if he’s being paid to do something that’s within his profession? I’d tell him to fuck off, it’s my watch and I’ll decide if it’s worth fixing.

People these days…

I only read the headline.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I watched it. No pun intended.

• Options
    Swaye said:

My Grandfathers WWII Omega. I inherited this after my Dad passed, had my local watchmaker go through it and it's running like a top now. It's a 1935 built gem of a watch, purchased used by my Grandfather at a jewelry shop after boot camp graduation before heading off to Europe to kill Krauts. Super small (as watches were for men 80 years ago), but a super cool piece. If anyone told me this wasn't worth fixing I'd bitch slap them.

I stand in line behind you and bitch slam them again for good measure. Very cool heirloom Swaye. Make sure it's excluded from the marital estate - for obvious reasons. The idea of you staying married as about as laughable as the notion of Washington and Oregon making nice.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

My Grandfathers WWII Omega. I inherited this after my Dad passed, had my local watchmaker go through it and it's running like a top now. It's a 1935 built gem of a watch, purchased used by my Grandfather at a jewelry shop after boot camp graduation before heading off to Europe to kill Krauts. Super small (as watches were for men 80 years ago), but a super cool piece. If anyone told me this wasn't worth fixing I'd bitch slap them.

I stand in line behind you and bitch slam them again for good measure. Very cool heirloom Swaye. Make sure it's excluded from the marital estate - for obvious reasons. The idea of you staying married as about as laughable as the notion of Washington and Oregon making nice.
    Hey, we rooted for Oregon to rep the north!
  • Options

Swaye said:

Hey, we rooted for Oregon to rep the north!
    We?