Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dye goes portaling

Comments

• RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Fuck whatever Oregon fan wants Dye to move on. You are a dumbass if you think this team is better without him.

How many games is Dye worth? Just toss a number out there.
    Is this Moneyball?
    Dye is fifth in program history in yards from scrimmage, and the only one with more yards and a better yards-per-touch average is LaMichael James. So - however many games that’s worth.
    So none is your answer. QB is the only position on the 2022 Duck team that can immediately change the win/loss ratio. Not some good college RB.
    Ok, so you don’t want the best available player at positions other than QB?
    Interesting strategy, hope it works out for you.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    We have depth there, but experience and heart matters... love me some Dye
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Dye no doubt is the best RB on the roster. But does he coat his hands in Crisco prior to each game? He fumbles a ton.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,160
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Dye no doubt is the best RB on the roster. But does he coat his hands in Crisco prior to each game? He fumbles a ton.

One lost fumble is a ton?

• 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

Could be the youngsters that hit the portal gave Lanning their reasons why, they were convinced to stay and Dye hits the portal. Sounds like a thank you for you time at Oregon Travis, but...................... At some point he had to move on to clear the deck. Good move for all involved.

You are…not smart
    Fuck off

Bootlicker
    You want the best RB on the team gone. Very smart
    I’m not losing sleep for an RB that won’t make a difference in the win-loss column. They’re not losing J. Stew.
    Just tripling down on being a dumbass. He’s probably worth 2 extra wins. You have to assume Cardwell will get hurt at some point carrying a full load…and then you have no one
    Two extra wins. You’re FS if you think that’s remotely the case. I thought poasters here were supposed to be smart.
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

A lot of info from a guy claiming to know nothing about Oregon football.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

Could be the youngsters that hit the portal gave Lanning their reasons why, they were convinced to stay and Dye hits the portal. Sounds like a thank you for you time at Oregon Travis, but...................... At some point he had to move on to clear the deck. Good move for all involved.

You are…not smart
    Fuck off

Bootlicker
    I’m not losing sleep for an RB that won’t make a difference in the win-loss column. They’re not losing J. Stew.
    Just tripling down on being a dumbass. He’s probably worth 2 extra wins. You have to assume Cardwell will get hurt at some point carrying a full load…and then you have no one
    Two extra wins. You’re FS if you think that’s remotely the case. I thought poasters here were supposed to be smart.
    He singlehandedly won 2 games this year (cal and UW).
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HuskyJW said:

It seemed like more, probably because he fumbled in three straight games
    edited January 2022
    ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

You are…not smart
    Fuck off

Bootlicker
    Sure he did. Only Furd gave up more rush yards than UW. Cal was at least solid against the run.

Too all those giving you shit for this poast. Of the top-9 RB’s in the conference, Dye had the 2nd most fumbles at 3. Baylor OSU had the most at 4. One other had 3, three had zero, three had 1.

So mostly true.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

You are…not smart
    Fuck off

Bootlicker
    Sure he did. Only Furd gave up more rush yards than UW. Cal was at least solid against the run.
    Do you even watch the games? Honest question.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2022

I would assume there's a good chance either a young RB or RBs will portal or the ancient 5th/6th year combo of Dye/Verdell will portal. Hard to keep it both ways this day and age in college football. As a Husky fan, I'd much rather see Dye and Verdell go. Your fanbase's obsession with low four-star guys who are supposed to better than the veteran guys who were lesser recruits but proven it on the field smacks of UW fans right before things went downhill.

Very true. I feel like I'm the only guy who's been watching Oregon games the last three years who sees that they are a different team when Verdell is hurt, which was often. Verdell is a big reason for the Buck win.

That said, the RB position is one that shouldn't see as much portal'ing as others. RBs get hurt and RB by committee is the new norm. If Dye stays, he's going to play. If Verdell stays, he's going to play. Verdell will almost assuredly get hurt again because of his running style. A new coach might conclude that Dye should share carries, which makes sense, but he'd play.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

No he doesn't.

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

You are…not smart
    dtd said:

He was the best RB on the roster.

How many games is he worth? The idea that Dye leaving is going to mean a change in Duck fortunes next year is FS.
    The one thing about the RB position that is kinda nice is that their stats don't tend to be misleading. Almost 1,300 yards, 6.0 YPC doesn't lie.

I think the issue is that most of the Oregon fan base hasn't let go of 70 points per game, and Dye doesn't remind anyone of Kenjon Barner. Hard to say how Dye would have done in Kelley's offense at its peak, but it doens't matter because it's gone.

Dye can play. Period.

Dye and Barner are not similar at all when it comes to play style, but if stats don’t lie then this is difficult to deny:

The most amazing stat to me is Dye’s performance on 3rd down and 3 or less to go for a first down or a TD. For his career Dye has converted 40/43. Those numbers destroy any that I have seen, that’s bet the house type of probability.
    Interestingly enough, Verdell also has 43 attempts on third and short - converting 30/43. Which is still excellent.
    46XiJCAB said:

Too all those giving you shit for this poast. Of the top-9 RB’s in the conference, Dye had the 2nd most fumbles at 3. Baylor OSU had the most at 4. One other had 3, three had zero, three had 1.

So mostly true.
    The guy with the most touches was tied for the second most fumbles? Fascinating.

Dye had 257 touches, Baylor was next with 235, and the 9th running back was Austin Jones with 140.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

So mostly true.
    Just stop. If you're going to die on this hill then please just do it.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,160
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    46XiJCAB said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

A lot of info from a guy claiming to know nothing about Oregon football.
    Obviously Had to look it up and do a screenshot because I had no clue. That’s called research

Internet is hard

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

You are…not smart
    dtd said:

He was the best RB on the roster.

How many games is he worth? The idea that Dye leaving is going to mean a change in Duck fortunes next year is FS.
    The one thing about the RB position that is kinda nice is that their stats don't tend to be misleading. Almost 1,300 yards, 6.0 YPC doesn't lie.

I think the issue is that most of the Oregon fan base hasn't let go of 70 points per game, and Dye doesn't remind anyone of Kenjon Barner. Hard to say how Dye would have done in Kelley's offense at its peak, but it doens't matter because it's gone.

Dye can play. Period.

At least one of you stepped up and claimed 2 wins for Dye. It was FS, but still. The rest of you just stats and jaw flapping.

Ducks lost a good College RB. His carries and yards will be replaced and no one will be pining for Dye next year.

It’s almost like that’s been the history of Oregon football. FFS.