Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why I Am A Looser

GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Rather, one of many reasons, is that I don't what the foresight and cajones to setup an opportunistic operation such as these. Because, no one's really watching.
https://www.heraldnet.com/news/sketchy-firms-covid-test-sites-shut-down-as-questions-mount/
A popular downtown Everett coronavirus testing site and hundreds of others nationwide will temporarily shut down as the legitimacy of the company running them, the Center for COVID Control, has been called into question.

Everett spokesperson Julio Cortes said the testing site at 2606 Wetmore Ave. had been allowed to open before a business license was approved “due to the current health crisis and high demand for testing.”

Residents have been flocking to the site amid skyrocketing COVID cases and other testing sites being stretched thin. This month bumper-to-bumper traffic clogged north Everett as people waited in line to get tested on Wetmore.

A Lynnwood city spokesperson Thursday did not have an update on another Center for COVID Control site operating there.

City officials in at least three cities — Lakewood, University Place and Auburn — have shut down the company’s sites for operating without business licenses.

Lakewood city spokesperson Jim Kopriva said he was tipped off by social media posts that warned people to avoid the free, no-appointment test locations.

“A resident tagged me in a Reddit comment basically saying, in a nutshell, they felt weird about the business,” he told The Daily Herald. “So we took a look right away, like first thing in the morning, and we found they were operating without a business license.”

Kopriva said he submitted a complaint to the FBI.

“From our perspective, when a business is collecting sensitive personal information on thousands of residents and performing critical testing at the height of the pandemic, and they don’t have a $73 license, we’re awfully concerned about that,” Kopriva said.

The state Department of Health said Wednesday it couldn’t “verify appropriate handling of test specimens, proper storage of protected health information, or results” by the Center for COVID Control.

As news outlets across the country reported mounting complaints against the Center for COVID Control, the Illinois-based company announced Thursday it would close all of its locations for a week, citing “unprecedented recent demand for testing.”

A news release did not mention ongoing investigations or forced closures but did say the company was “responding to queries from several public health and regulatory agencies.”

The week-long pause, CEO Aleya Siyaj said in the news release, will allow the company to “re-commit to exceptional customer service, enhance quality assurance, and ensure we are exceeding regulatory sample collection and clinical guidelines.”

According to Siyaj’s LinkedIn profile, she ran an Illinois axe-throwing lounge for 2½ years and a donut cafe for another 2½ years before becoming the CEO of the Center for COVID Control. Her profile shows a marketing degree but no medical experience.

The Washington Attorney General’s Office confirmed it received complaints about the University Place testing location, although spokesperson Brionna Aho said the agency could not say whether an investigation was opened.

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    it was an end around that helped win the Super Bowl
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,037
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I love that gif. Could he get a bigger back on his presser chair?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,923
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bob_C said:

Jay has a new chair on order to rule over his subjects.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Bob_C said:

I broke my 4th chair in two months today while in a meeting. Finally convinced my boss to buy some new ones lol

They are cheap Chinese shit that crack when you lean back

I've got a Haworth Zoey at home and I bought one for him. He's now down haha
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Bob_C said:

I broke my 4th chair in two months today while in a meeting. Finally convinced my boss to buy some new ones lol

C'mon man!

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bob_C said:

Push-up contest?