Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Show your support for what this community means to you:
Choose a Donation Amount
Username
(required for credit)
Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon Star: "i sold my soul to Nike"

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,515
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes 10000 Comments

the other thing i find bizarre is he says bama education "ain't west coast"... "ain't ivy league".

like UO education is anything that special... UW >> UO (mostly because UW is in a big city and attracts better profs) but UW isn't (note NOT using "ain't") either (at least not considered against harvard/princeton/yale which i think most people mean when they say "ivy league" for education).

not to mention lauding education and using "ain't" twice.. yeah, i know that's street and/or cool verbal style. but he's talking about quality of education.

think the kid just needs much much better guidance.... the announcers seemed to love him. but honestly, if you spew out some vague progressive and/or selfless ideals ("KT wants to 'give back' ") and don't beat up your GF, you are a hero to the social media and broadcasting world.... i'm not really anti-progressive, at least not compared to the current alternative.

Um, there's no "considering" the Ivy League. The Ivy League is the Ivy League as the Pac 12 is the Pac 12. So, most people consider the Ivy League to consist of 8 identifiable schools everyone has heard of. It's not an opinion.

It sounds like this is the first time you've heard a really dumb person from the sports world on TV trying to sound better than they are, and it's made an impact. Let me help you brace yourself: you're going to hear it again.

Why are you parsing the stupid words of a stupid person who plays for the other school? There are plenty of them of Montlake for you to study up close if you'd like.

I also might disagree with your explanation of why UW > Oregon, but that would extend the discussion.
    this topic has been covered death under your board once a upon a time
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 3,791
    5,000 Awesomes Eighth Anniversary 2,500 Up Votes 2500 Comments
    edited January 16

the other thing i find bizarre is he says bama education "ain't west coast"... "ain't ivy league".

like UO education is anything that special... UW >> UO (mostly because UW is in a big city and attracts better profs) but UW isn't (note NOT using "ain't") either (at least not considered against harvard/princeton/yale which i think most people mean when they say "ivy league" for education).

not to mention lauding education and using "ain't" twice.. yeah, i know that's street and/or cool verbal style. but he's talking about quality of education.

think the kid just needs much much better guidance.... the announcers seemed to love him. but honestly, if you spew out some vague progressive and/or selfless ideals ("KT wants to 'give back' ") and don't beat up your GF, you are a hero to the social media and broadcasting world.... i'm not really anti-progressive, at least not compared to the current alternative.

Um, there's no "considering" the Ivy League. The Ivy League is the Ivy League as the Pac 12 is the Pac 12. So, most people consider the Ivy League to consist of 8 identifiable schools everyone has heard of. It's not an opinion.

It sounds like this is the first time you've heard a really dumb person from the sports world on TV trying to sound better than they are, and it's made an impact. Let me help you brace yourself: you're going to hear it again.

Why are you parsing the stupid words of a stupid person who plays for the other school? There are plenty of them at Montlake for you to study up close if you'd like.

I also might disagree with your explanation of why UW > Oregon, but that would extend the discussion.
    Off tangent but Ivy League related; a friend of mine used to always invite his kinda strange friend from his boarding school out with us. This guy went to Hartford for undergrad and would always kind of say it under his breath when girls asked him where he went so that their response would be: “Harvard, wow!!” And then not correct them. It seemed to work on stupid ones so kudos to him I guess
    1to392831weretakencreepycougEmotermanGreenRiverGatorz
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 19,967
    10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments
    ntxduck said:

Why are you parsing the stupid words of a stupid person who plays for the other school? There are plenty of them at Montlake for you to study up close if you'd like.

Off tangent but Ivy League related; a friend of mine used to always invite his kinda strange friend from his boarding school out with us. This guy went to Hartford for undergrad and would always kind of say it under his breath when girls asked him where he went so that their response would be: “Harvard, wow!!” And then not correct them. It seemed to work on stupid ones so kudos to him I guess
    The University of Phoenix. The Harvard of internet schools. We're Phoenix proud.