Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Washington loosing NIL battle with Built for life Pete

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Good luck NCAA. It’s actually a legit business with legit programs
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

But they could look into Texas AM who spent $20m on this last recruiting class. But they won’t. You know…SEC
    I’m pretty surprised they’d be looking at the people with attorneys who could wind up fucking them into accepting a precedent that makes the NCAA even less relevant. It’s a bad sign for an investigation when the other side says look at everything it’s all by the book.

They’ve already investigated Miami. I would totally take a one schollie loss if it meant Cristobal getting a show-cause and Miami hired a recruiter who isn’t allowed to recruit.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,261
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon has favored nation status with ESPN and Kirk Herbstreit. No ducks will be harmed in this.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,750
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TheHB said:

Oregon has favored nation status with ESPN and Kirk Herbstreit. No ducks will be harmed in this.

Solid source! Kim is having private chats. According to Kim, Oregon is finished!!!!!!

• TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

What a life. Can you imagine being on the state payroll and all you do is manage a team of four people running a handful of underperforming social media accounts?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Stalin’s best meme ever and it’s not really that close.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Race does it again!
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

College sports are done, May the best man win.

I loved that team so much

I anguished thinking that Stacey Augmon almost became a Husky. But in retrospect, young Stalin was probably doogin it up too much. We probably never really had a chance.
    Oh the plastic man
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

But they could look into Texas AM who spent $20m on this last recruiting class. But they won’t. You know…SEC
    I’m pretty surprised they’d be looking at the people with attorneys who could wind up fucking them into accepting a precedent that makes the NCAA even less relevant. It’s a bad sign for an investigation when the other side says look at everything it’s all by the book.

They’ve already investigated Miami. I would totally take a one schollie loss if it meant Cristobal getting a show-cause and Miami hired a recruiter who isn’t allowed to recruit.
    I was going to say, this is basically the Miami model, only the Miami "boosters" don't have Phil's pocket book.

Fuck, now that my bf no longer coaches there, I'm going full Doog and declaring it morally reprehensible and outside of the spirit of the rules for Phil McKracken Knight or Nike to be involved with this.

It's almost as if the NCAA didn't realize the implications of doing this when the allowed NIL. Big surprise.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was going to say, this is basically the Miami model, only the Miami "boosters" don't have Phil's pocket book.

Fuck, now that my bf no longer coaches there, I'm going full Doog and declaring it morally reprehensible and outside of the spirit of the rules for Phil McKracken Knight or Nike to be involved with this.

It's almost as if the NCAA didn't realize the implications of doing this when the allowed NIL. Big surprise.
    The NCAA allowed NIL? What kinda pretend law dog are you @creepycoug ? Christos!

The NCAA allowed NIL? What kinda pretend law dog are you @creepycoug ? Christos!
    Well, that's true. Forced down their throats?
    Swaye's Wigwam

SCOTUS always fucks me on the issues I care most about.

SCOTUS always fucks me on the issues I care most about.
    You still have abortion, even though the Oregon goons think we shouldn't care about that.

@SFGbob

@Sledog

@RaceBannon
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s well past time to boot Pete. He was a good coach for us. 2016 was fun and despite what some say, he was a very good to great coach for us.

He’s also always been a corny, girls soccer dad and he’s delusional. Pete thinking he could be some culture setter for businesses was always fucking insane. I’m sure there are some businesses that will light money on fire for a presentation from him, but it was always ridiculous. He’s a football coach.

Now, he gets to do UW’s NIL stuff and he’s completely out of touch and obviously shitty at it.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2022

It’s well past time to boot Pete. He was a good coach for us. 2016 was fun and despite what some say, he was a very good to great coach for us.

He’s also always been a corny, girls soccer dad and he’s delusional. Pete thinking he could be some culture setter for businesses was always fucking insane. I’m sure there are some businesses that will light money on fire for a presentation from him, but it was always ridiculous. He’s a football coach.

Now, he gets to do UW’s NIL stuff and he’s completely out of touch and obviously shitty at it.

We need a marketer/salesman with a work ethic. Not a cardboard cutout
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,750
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2022

I’d prefer a cardboard cutout (compared to Pete). It won’t get in the way.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

We need a fucking sleaze bag running that NLI program.