Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dye goes portaling

MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
edited January 2022 in Duck Refuge
Pretty strange move.

This sport is going to get really stupid, really fast.

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Why not? Works best for him
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Could be the youngsters that hit the portal gave Lanning their reasons why, they were convinced to stay and Dye hits the portal. Sounds like a thank you for you time at Oregon Travis, but...................... At some point he had to move on to clear the deck. Good move for all involved.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would assume there's a good chance either a young RB or RBs will portal or the ancient 5th/6th year combo of Dye/Verdell will portal. Hard to keep it both ways this day and age in college football. As a Husky fan, I'd much rather see Dye and Verdell go. Your fanbase's obsession with low four-star guys who are supposed to better than the veteran guys who were lesser recruits but proven it on the field smacks of UW fans right before things went downhill.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    He saw Dollars hit the portal and get the bag, hard to blame him for wanting his own cut.

I'm guessing he's removed himself from the portal by morning.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    46XiJCAB said:

Could be the youngsters that hit the portal gave Lanning their reasons why, they were convinced to stay and Dye hits the portal. Sounds like a thank you for you time at Oregon Travis, but...................... At some point he had to move on to clear the deck. Good move for all involved.

You are…not smart

I would assume there's a good chance either a young RB or RBs will portal or the ancient 5th/6th year combo of Dye/Verdell will portal. Hard to keep it both ways this day and age in college football. As a Husky fan, I'd much rather see Dye and Verdell go. Your fanbase's obsession with low four-star guys who are supposed to better than the veteran guys who were lesser recruits but proven it on the field smacks of UW fans right before things went downhill.

Every thing that went wrong at UW I am wishcasting happens at Oregon potd
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Is that wrong?

He is right about the fan base and that stupidity that can come from the tbs crowd (which I'm a part of). Hell there were one or two guys here who actually looked forward to 3* Gaskin leaving so that "elite" 4* Ahmed could show his stuff.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2022
    chuck said:

ntxduck said:

Is that wrong?

He is right about the fan base and that stupidity that can come from the tbs crowd (which I'm a part of). Hell there were one or two guys here who actually looked forward to 3* Gaskin leaving so that "elite" 4* Ahmed could show his stuff.
    So “many people are saying” they don’t want Troy Dye Jr. to come back?

As far as having a taste for TBS goes, what are people supposed to obsess about other than 4/5 stars? If your into that sort of thing that is.
    edited January 2022
    ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

You are…not smart
    Fuck off

Bootlicker

Fuck whatever Oregon fan wants Dye to move on. You are a dumbass if you think this team is better without him.

How many games is Dye worth? Just toss a number out there.
    edited January 2022
    ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

You are…not smart
    dtd said:

He was the best RB on the roster.

How many games is he worth? The idea that Dye leaving is going to mean a change in Duck fortunes next year is FS.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

Is that wrong?

So “many people are saying” they don’t want Troy Dye Jr. to come back?

As far as having a taste for TBS goes, what are people supposed to obsess about other than 4/5 stars? If your into that sort of thing that is.
    Are you replying to me?
    46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

You are…not smart
    Fuck off

Bootlicker
    You want the best RB on the team gone. Very smart
    ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

You are…not smart
    Fuck off

Bootlicker
    I’m not losing sleep for an RB that won’t make a difference in the win-loss column. They’re not losing J. Stew.
    edited January 2022

46XiJCAB said:

Fuck whatever Oregon fan wants Dye to move on. You are a dumbass if you think this team is better without him.

How many games is Dye worth? Just toss a number out there.
    Is this Moneyball?
    Dye is fifth in program history in yards from scrimmage, and the only one with more yards and a better yards-per-touch average is LaMichael James. So - however many games that’s worth.
    So none is your answer. QB is the only position on the 2022 Duck team that can immediately change the win/loss ratio. Not some good college RB.
    46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

You are…not smart
    Fuck off

Bootlicker
    I’m not losing sleep for an RB that won’t make a difference in the win-loss column. They’re not losing J. Stew.
    Just tripling down on being a dumbass. He’s probably worth 2 extra wins. You have to assume Cardwell will get hurt at some point carrying a full load…and then you have no one