Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Supply chain malarkey

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,704
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Bought a new phone and of course it is just a different enough size that I need a new tough guy carry case. Bought the phone online from AT&T and got it same day to my house so they have that going for them

But for the case they had one option that was out of stock. Went to Amazon which has multiple choices including the one I want in stock. BOOM order placed. Half the price quoted on AT&T

My erstwhile partner needed a timing band for his big computer saw machine. Went to the local supplier who said it was 300 bucks and out of stock. Partner calls the manufacturer and they say we have it in stock and can ship it but its a 50 dollar minimum order so maybe get two

How much does it cost?

22 bucks

C'mon man

I have no point other than we need to clean some things up out there

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Bought a new phone and of course it is just a different enough size that I need a new tough guy carry case. Bought the phone online from AT&T and got it same day to my house so they have that going for them

But for the case they had one option that was out of stock. Went to Amazon which has multiple choices including the one I want in stock. BOOM order placed. Half the price quoted on AT&T

My erstwhile partner needed a timing band for his big computer saw machine. Went to the local supplier who said it was 300 bucks and out of stock. Partner calls the manufacturer and they say we have it in stock and can ship it but its a 50 dollar minimum order so maybe get two

How much does it cost?

22 bucks

C'mon man

Biden already told us that the supply chain problems were solved. His order to the ports to operate 24/7 did the trick. What are you talking about?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

Have a big order of plastics from a mfg in China that is completely hung up. Can’t get trucks to go pick it up and bring it to one of the worlds biggest ports at Ningbo. Rumors of hard Covid lockdowns. There’s other rumors about Marburg or something really bad over there too. US suppliers don’t exist in a fast or economical sense, all the raw materials are in China.

We need to stop doing business there, choke them off. Go get the raw materials from Alaska and end these fuckers without firing a shot.

Marburg? Fuck me
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    There's a hemorrhage virus spreading across China but the CCP won't acknowledge it. The three biggest ports in China have been shut down. We are going to have massive shortages here soon. The media will be forced to report on it soon.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,767
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

There's a hemorrhage virus spreading across China but the CCP won't acknowledge it. The three biggest ports in China have been shut down. We are going to have massive shortages here soon. The media will be forced to report on it soon.

By sea, goods take about two months to get to west coast.

Bob_C said:

Have a big order of plastics from a mfg in China that is completely hung up. Can’t get trucks to go pick it up and bring it to one of the worlds biggest ports at Ningbo. Rumors of hard Covid lockdowns. There’s other rumors about Marburg or something really bad over there too. US suppliers don’t exist in a fast or economical sense, all the raw materials are in China.

We need to stop doing business there, choke them off. Go get the raw materials from Alaska and end these fuckers without firing a shot.

Marburg? Fuck me
    This is a legit reason why you don’t shut down the country for the flu. Now when the actual scary one shows up no one will believe the government anymore.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    Bob_C said:

Alaska, Nevada, North Dakota and Wyoming could fuck the fuck out of China.

Permanently.

Let 'er rip.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,704
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't wait for the Olympics

Least amount of build up ever

Hard to lock down and mandate your population and then send a team to the land of the China virus

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

That’s what they want you to believe.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022

Looks like it’s being reported on.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/23/major-chinese-city-locks-down-to-control-covid-outbreak.html

The CDC has a playbook.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00037085.htm

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/255689617_An_emerging_hemorrhagic_fever_in_China_caused_by_a_novel_bunyavirus_SFTSV
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,699
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/23/major-chinese-city-locks-down-to-control-covid-outbreak.html
    Because the Olympics are coming, it must be serious for the chicoms to lock it down. Who knows what it is because the chicoms lie and so does our government bureaucracies. Leftards lie and love to be lied to. I don't. Leave it to Fow Chee and the chicoms to have been weaponizing ebola or small pox.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

By sea, goods take about two months to get to west coast.

Bob_C said:

Marburg? Fuck me
    This is a legit reason why you don’t shut down the country for the flu. Now when the actual scary one shows up no one will believe the government anymore.
    Thankfully, Marburg is tough to spread.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    SFGbob said:

How much does it cost?

22 bucks

C'mon man

Biden already told us that the supply chain problems were solved. His order to the ports to operate 24/7 did the trick. What are you talking about?
    Also I was promised no malarkey.

So race must be talking out of his ass
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

How much does it cost?

22 bucks

C'mon man

Cho Bai Den kicked the supply chain to the states.

Jay Chinslee has successfully bogged down food supplies to E. WA and N. Idaho by firing DOT snow plow drivers who sit alone in their cabs for hours.

One life was saved. Somewhere. For sure.
    Everything on the shelves is empty in the frozen area's it's damn annoying
    Goduckies said:

SFGbob said:

How much does it cost?

22 bucks

C'mon man

Jay Chinslee has successfully bogged down food supplies to E. WA and N. Idaho by firing DOT snow plow drivers who sit alone in their cabs for hours.

Word. Went shopping yesterday and not a pack of frozen spinach to be had. Frozen vegetable section was bare.

Popeye needs his juice.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Cool! The Plague is back
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Goduckies said:

SFGbob said:

How much does it cost?

22 bucks

C'mon man

Word. Went shopping yesterday and not a pack of frozen spinach to be had. Frozen vegetable section was bare.

Popeye needs his juice.

Frozen vegetables are like the main thing I need from the store. lol

Eggs, frozen veggies, mustard/hot sauce

Cheese I guess

I get all my meat from wild fork foods
    edited January 2022

Goduckies said:

SFGbob said:

How much does it cost?

22 bucks

C'mon man

Popeye needs his juice.

Frozen vegetables are like the main thing I need from the store. lol

Eggs, frozen veggies, mustard/hot sauce

Cheese I guess

I get all my meat from wild fork foods
    There's gonna be hell to pay if #mytatertots get impacted. Gots to have the tots.

That's America. Thank you, Greater Idaho for your processed spuds.

• TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    People mock hospitals charging $30/pill for ibuprofen without stopping to think there could be other efficiency issues in our economy.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

The CDC has a playbook.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00037085.htm

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/255689617_An_emerging_hemorrhagic_fever_in_China_caused_by_a_novel_bunyavirus_SFTSV
    Thank you but I was referring to the imminent massive shortages