Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Washington loosing NIL battle with Built for life Pete

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

LawDawg1 said:

Pete’s message is correct but he’s going about it all wrong. Give me $1 million NIL deal as an 18 year old recruit and I’d be built for life.

Pete was doing right by the kids and putting them in the NFL to make the REAL built for life big bucks. Fuck you Pete for not winning more with all those NFL kids, but still.

NIL - even a million bucks worth - 'taint really built for life unless you are a cheap skate and incredible with managing your finances.
    Sure is a good starting point. I wouldn’t have minded starting off with a treasure chest in life. Imagine no student loans and being able to make your mortgage actually manageable. Even an Uber driver or 711 employee could manage.
    College football players have student loans?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It would be funny if we found out that Karen's job is not actually that high leveled and she makes less than the janitor
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

All I’m getting out of this is that Karen looks fucking hot in those skin tight jeans

This is like what? A Seattle 8?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seattle 7. Butter face is only a half point deduction.

The jeans comment is still valid. I admit the whole thing looked a lot better on my phone than it did later when I looked again on a bigger screen.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    TXDawg said:

I'm just waiting for the next obvious development in the NIL story – the circle of sharks that will surround these kids once they start getting checks.

I get the feeling folks believe we're helping make these kids move up financially in their lives but it will be temporary. The reality is 90% of them will leave college flat broke or in debt still. You put that much cash out to a group of people inexperienced in handling money and the sharks will smell blood in the water.

I mean, how many pro players don’t manage their money well? And they have more of it with a better financial support structure with at least 3 years of college under their belt and will do anything they can to win the game.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Emoterman said:

All I’m getting out of this is that Karen looks fucking hot in those skin tight jeans

She could floss with a dockline. Yeesh
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Sources said:

Emoterman said:

She could floss with a dockline. Yeesh
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

It would be funny if we found out that Karen's job is not actually that high leveled and she makes less than the janitor

That would actually be hilarious. If our dumbasses are sitting here expecting her to be doing some high-level dealmaking, but her job description is just administrative management.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

College sports are done, May the best man win.

I loved that team so much

I anguished thinking that Stacey Augmon almost became a Husky. But in retrospect, young Stalin was probably doogin it up too much. We probably never really had a chance.
  • vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

That's all I got out of it too.
    Low standards. Then again, we all do since we support this loser program still.