Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hero Kanu, 2022 4* DT, Rancho Santa Margarita (Santa Margarita Catholic), CA (Offered)

124»

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,827
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

"I want to get up there so bad and to see what it is like up there for myself. Maurice (Heims) says it's amazing and that I need to get up there too, so that's something we've talked about. I'm planning on going up there for a game, but we're still trying to figure out which one and when I can fit it into my schedule."

Instead of Homecoming, can we do Oktoberfest this year?
    Yes, yes we can.

• Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He ain’t coming here
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,967
    Founders Club

Washington got some great news a couple of weeks ago when East (Salt Lake City, Ut.) DL Ben Roberts made the decision to commit to them. Even with a room loaded with talent, the Huskies are not resting on their laurels and they have honed in on Santa Margarita (Ca.) Catholic's Hero Kanu, an explosive athlete who is one of the top prospects in the country at his position, and recently made it onto his list of top nine schools.

"Washington has been the school on me since the beginning and I really like them a lot," Kanu said after announcing his top schools on Twitter recently. "They were the first school to offer me after I got the the states and I've built a strong relationship with coach 'Rip' (Rowan) and coach (Jimmy) Lake. We talk like three or four times a week, so it's a really good relationship and we talk about everything -- football, life, my family -- so it's really comfortable.

"I want to get up there so bad and to see what it is like up there for myself. Maurice (Heims) says it's amazing and that I need to get up there too, so that's something we've talked about. I'm planning on going up there for a game, but we're still trying to figure out which one and when I can fit it into my schedule."

Kanu is currently in Germany visiting his family, so he's kind of taking a break from the recruiting aspect of things, but said he works out every day in preparations for what will be his senior season of high school football.

"It's going to be a blast to get out there and hit guys," Kanu said with a chuckle. "I'm so excited to get out on the field. I'll be back in the next couple of weeks to start working with my team and then we'll go out and ball-out. That's what I love to do. I just love hitting guys and I've learned a lot over the past year about what the expectations are of me and what we are hoping to do as a team."

Kanu's journey is much like Heims'. Both hail from Germany and took advantage of the PPIRecruits program's connections to wind up with the Eagles. Both have outstanding athleticism for their size and both garnered a lot of attention before they ever set foot on a varsity football field.

Back in March, Kanu took the field and dominated up front, finishing with 32 tackles, 10 tackles-for-loss and 2.5 sacks while helping to lead Santa Margarita Catholic to a 3-3 record.

Kanu and the other top international prospects from around the country went on a "DreamChaser's" tour of schools this summer, visiting Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Tennessee, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, TCU and LSU among other schools.

At 6'5" and weighing in at just over 290 pounds, Kanu has garnered an early ranking as the 13th-best defensive tackle in the country and he is currently rated as a four-star with a 0.9645 rating in the industry-generated 247Composite

HEAD COACH Jimmy doing some recruiting? Staff!! True???

Kanu and Roberts would be an incredible DT haul. They're both freakshows. Pinch me if that happens.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,967
    Founders Club

Washington got some great news a couple of weeks ago when East (Salt Lake City, Ut.) DL Ben Roberts made the decision to commit to them. Even with a room loaded with talent, the Huskies are not resting on their laurels and they have honed in on Santa Margarita (Ca.) Catholic's Hero Kanu, an explosive athlete who is one of the top prospects in the country at his position, and recently made it onto his list of top nine schools.

"Washington has been the school on me since the beginning and I really like them a lot," Kanu said after announcing his top schools on Twitter recently. "They were the first school to offer me after I got the the states and I've built a strong relationship with coach 'Rip' (Rowan) and coach (Jimmy) Lake. We talk like three or four times a week, so it's a really good relationship and we talk about everything -- football, life, my family -- so it's really comfortable.

Kanu is currently in Germany visiting his family, so he's kind of taking a break from the recruiting aspect of things, but said he works out every day in preparations for what will be his senior season of high school football.

"It's going to be a blast to get out there and hit guys," Kanu said with a chuckle. "I'm so excited to get out on the field. I'll be back in the next couple of weeks to start working with my team and then we'll go out and ball-out. That's what I love to do. I just love hitting guys and I've learned a lot over the past year about what the expectations are of me and what we are hoping to do as a team."

Kanu's journey is much like Heims'. Both hail from Germany and took advantage of the PPIRecruits program's connections to wind up with the Eagles. Both have outstanding athleticism for their size and both garnered a lot of attention before they ever set foot on a varsity football field.

Back in March, Kanu took the field and dominated up front, finishing with 32 tackles, 10 tackles-for-loss and 2.5 sacks while helping to lead Santa Margarita Catholic to a 3-3 record.

Kanu and the other top international prospects from around the country went on a "DreamChaser's" tour of schools this summer, visiting Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Tennessee, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, TCU and LSU among other schools.

At 6'5" and weighing in at just over 290 pounds, Kanu has garnered an early ranking as the 13th-best defensive tackle in the country and he is currently rated as a four-star with a 0.9645 rating in the industry-generated 247Composite

HEAD COACH Jimmy doing some recruiting? Staff!! True???

Kanu and Roberts would be an incredible DT haul. They're both freakshows. Pinch me if that happens.
    Can I punch you if that happens? Better yet, if this happens you can punch me, donkey punch if you prefer.

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,547
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    No way he stays on the west coast
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,084
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

No way he stays on the west coast

Of Germany?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hero just confirmed his official visits and no PAC12 teams made the list. Just the normal big boys: bama, notre dame, osu, oklahoma, georgia. Talks about usc, oregon, and tex a&m.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He was never coming here
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021
    Hearing he won't even be wasting his time with an unofficial this weekend.
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Top 5
    LSU
    tOSU
    UGA
    ND
    Oklahoma
    Oddly his original top 5 had Bama over LSU. Says he felt more of a connection with LSU staff. Going to be hard to maintain that connection when they all get fired.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    That is hands down the lamest thing I've seen since the dancing Dawgs. Good to see that even tOSU has their own SubK fans.