Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Football players have to deal with so much

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
Haven't we progressed past this as a society by now?

Tim to put a stop to the stigmatism.

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,362 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022
    I just hope his slush fund/charity is 10% credible so he doesn’t go to jail
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HuskyJW said:

I just hope his slush fund/charity is 10% credible so he doesn’t go to jail

OTOH, jail might give him enough tim to bless the world with a book.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam

Am I wrong or is this dude basically making the Jimmy academically prowessed argument about why he intentionally went to a place where he wasn't going to win a national championship so he went to the ninth most academically prowessed school in the Pac-12? If I'm an NFL GM or coach I certainly want to draft a guy who values a connection to the "greatest organization in the world" over winning. No wonder he couldn't figure out how to get more than like 7 sacks a season in the world Pac-12s ever.

Finally, 90% of Oregon football players can work for Nike corporate? So like 70 of the guys on your team? Why does your GOAT LaMichael James run like a Burgermaster or some shit in Albany, Oregon? Phil's not stupid. I've never heard about many former Oregon football players working at Nike corporate let alone outlet stores.

I think he was talking about being marketed by Nike, not working for Nike. He said he wanted to be a part of Nike because American football is only a big deal in America, but if he’s literally an American football player, doesnt that mean America is the only place Nike will market him? His argument seemed self defeating. I think he wants to be Lebron but the issue is Lebron plays the biggest international sport in the world behind soccer.
    I think he mixed up Phil’s gobbledygook until it came out like this guy.

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,339 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022

Am I wrong or is this dude basically making the Jimmy academically prowessed argument about why he intentionally went to a place where he wasn't going to win a national championship so he went to the ninth most academically prowessed school in the Pac-12? If I'm an NFL GM or coach I certainly want to draft a guy who values a connection to the "greatest organization in the world" over winning. No wonder he couldn't figure out how to get more than like 7 sacks a season in the world Pac-12s ever.

Finally, 90% of Oregon football players can work for Nike corporate? So like 70 of the guys on your team? Why does your GOAT LaMichael James run like a Burgermaster or some shit in Albany, Oregon? Phil's not stupid. I've never heard about many former Oregon football players working at Nike corporate let alone outlet stores.

I think he was talking about being marketed by Nike, not working for Nike. He said he wanted to be a part of Nike because American football is only a big deal in America, but if he’s literally an American football player, doesnt that mean America is the only place Nike will market him? His argument seemed self defeating. I think he wants to be Lebron but the issue is Lebron plays the biggest international sport in the world behind soccer.
    Again, Phil's not dumb, Nike won't put shit into any former Oregon athlete unless they are the rare, rare, rare LeBron level that's worth investing and honestly in the sport of football that's almost not even a thing for the reasons you and dips hit himself pointed out. You have to be so elite to get any kind of Nike contract as an NFL DE and you better have a better personality than what seems like a dumb guy you grew up with who corners you at a party and tries to talk to you about business but dropped out of high school and just improperly regurgs some vague shit he saw on social media.

I will say that Nike did pump a ton of hype into him for being a guy who in his third year in college football was able to be "schemed out" by the likes of Donovan and the Husky OL but if dude just went to Alabama, excelled and played in three nattys he would have been a much bigger and more marketable name going into the NFL.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022
    Know somebody who ran cross country at Lane Community College. He said every Oregon athlete took most of their classes at Lane CC, and pointed out UO and Lane CC had the same course catalog at least for general eds.

Edit: To be clear I had more than one fren who took gen eds at North Seattle during the summer that applied to their private schools.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Well, that and he's never going to the LeBron of his sport.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912
    I looked up the interview online. Straight from the Alabama online news this is the caption "Oregon defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux (5) leaves teh field after an NCAA college football game Saturday, Nov. 27, 2021, in Eugene, Ore. (AP Photo/Andy Nelson)AP"
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,166
    edited January 2022