Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If the Huskies were playing either Bama or Georgia tonight

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
We'd be down 24-0 at the end of the first quarter

And that's probably being optimistic

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

No way Junior Afams would've had them off balance with a brilliant mix of fake fly sweeps, dives, and sideline fades thrown out of bounds.

McGrew up the middle on every single first down would probably meet with limited success.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

No way Junior Afams would've had them off balance with a brilliant mix of fake fly sweeps, dives, and sideline fades thrown out of bounds.

McGrew up the middle on every single first down would probably meet with limited success.
    That's when you trick them by throwing deep on second down then slamming him back into the middle on 3rd and 9.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

We'd be down 24-0 at the end of the first quarter

And that's probably being optimistic

We? don't deal in hypotheticals.

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I’m not watching but is Oregon already claiming two losses in a NC game now?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ... I'd be betting on Alabama or Georgia to cover ...
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If we're being hypothetical let's do it right and assume Deboer is on the sidelines. It would be 21-10 for the mouth breathers
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    All the good players are on two teams.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If either Bama or Georgia wanted to make a statement they could name the score.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,839
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Three of the last four TDs were scored by:
    Cameron Latu, SLC
    Brock Bowers, Napa
    Kellee Ringo, Seattle/Hot mom/Phoenix

Add to that Alabama’s Bryce Young, Traeshon Holden, and Henry Tootoot, plus UGA’s Jermaine Burton and Darnell Washington as Pac-12 footprint talent that was instrumental to the game. Talent drain, and staffing differences; both schools have assistants-to-the-assistants of the analysts, and even the lowest assistant-to-the-assistants has interns. We? aren’t playing in the same sport, let alone league.

So you’re saying John Donovan should apply for a job at either Bama or Georgia?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW doesn't pass the eye test against these teams.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Cameron Latu, SLC
    Brock Bowers, Napa

Add to that Alabama’s Bryce Young, Traeshon Holden, and Henry Tootoot, plus UGA’s Jermaine Burton and Darnell Washington as Pac-12 footprint talent that was instrumental to the game. Talent drain, and staffing differences; both schools have assistants-to-the-assistants of the analysts, and even the lowest assistant-to-the-assistants has interns. We? aren’t playing in the same sport, let alone league.

That's what I was thinking about. In the '90s or 2000's none of those Western kids would be in the SEC. Conversely the Pac would have a host of dominant players.

Compare Pete Carroll/Chip Kelly/Jim Harbaugh -era Pac to today in terms of talent. Staggering difference.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Cameron Latu, SLC
    Brock Bowers, Napa

That's what I was thinking about. In the '90s or 2000's none of those Western kids would be in the SEC. Conversely the Pac would have a host of dominant players.

Compare Pete Carroll/Chip Kelly/Jim Harbaugh -era Pac to today in terms of talent. Staggering difference.
    It’s going to be a few more years until there’s enough data to really sell me on the talent drain, but I think the change is more subtle than many think.

* I’m not worried about Bryce Young and CJ Stroud because it’s deeper than. QBs have always been unafraid of moving around. West to East: Jimmy and Casey Clausen. Kyle Wright. Tom Brady. Dayne Crist. Blake Barnett.
    East to West: Andrew Luck, Davis Mills, Darron Thomas.

* The concern is seeing the Brock Bowers and Kellee Ringos go to the SEC instead of Notre Dame, Michigan, Oklahoma and others who would traditionally dip in. Florida State and Miami from the ACC, but now Clemson has joined. Ohio State has set up shop in Cali, WA, and Arizona. More hands reaching in, and SEC schools that traditionally didn’t need to are now picking at the corpse.

* The westward flow of position players used to favor the Pac, as USC, Stanford, and Oregon recruit nationally. USC decline, Oregon coaching instability, other schools not having the recruiting budget or brand recognition is slowing the talent exchange.

* The Pac-12 is third (per school) in producing NFL draft picks, ACC is fourth and Big-12 fifth. West Coast recruits are more likely to be underrated. Recruiting reach and scouting has improved, three stars that are in reality four stars will be more likely to be four stars pursued nationally.

The snowball effect of “Pac-12 sucks I need to go to the SEC or Big Ten to be relevant” needs to be reversed.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Cameron Latu, SLC
    Brock Bowers, Napa

It’s going to be a few more years until there’s enough data to really sell me on the talent drain, but I think the change is more subtle than many think.

* I’m not worried about Bryce Young and CJ Stroud because it’s deeper than. QBs have always been unafraid of moving around. West to East: Jimmy and Casey Clausen. Kyle Wright. Tom Brady. Dayne Crist. Blake Barnett.
    East to West: Andrew Luck, Davis Mills, Darron Thomas.

* The concern is seeing the Brock Bowers and Kellee Ringos go to the SEC instead of Notre Dame, Michigan, Oklahoma and others who would traditionally dip in. Florida State and Miami from the ACC, but now Clemson has joined. Ohio State has set up shop in Cali, WA, and Arizona. More hands reaching in, and SEC schools that traditionally didn’t need to are now picking at the corpse.

* The westward flow of position players used to favor the Pac, as USC, Stanford, and Oregon recruit nationally. USC decline, Oregon coaching instability, other schools not having the recruiting budget or brand recognition is slowing the talent exchange.

* The Pac-12 is third (per school) in producing NFL draft picks, ACC is fourth and Big-12 fifth. West Coast recruits are more likely to be underrated. Recruiting reach and scouting has improved, three stars that are in reality four stars will be more likely to be four stars pursued nationally.

The snowball effect of “Pac-12 sucks I need to go to the SEC or Big Ten to be relevant” needs to be reversed.
    The Pac used to be the unquestioned pro-style passing league and there was no chance Bryce Young was NOT playing for USC 10 years ago. Big Ten, SEC, and Big (8/12) were pretty bad in the pass game (except the Mannings) and the ACC was totally irrelevant.

A lot of it is schematic changes,the internet, etc. Concepts spread fast now, everybody has tape on every play by every team and every HS player in the nation. Instantaneous contact with every coach, recruit, etc.

The Pac has no remaining niche for preparing players for the NFL, seemingly.

• Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022
    Georgia is a fake champion decided by biased polls. My broons went undefeated in SEC play this year, but were inexplicably left out of the reckoning. Those fucking ESECPN yokels should PERSON UP and let the title be decided on the field!!! But they won’t because it would DESTROY the narrative.

Stop the steal!