Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Greatest California Rock Band of All Time?

13»

Comments

• Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,100
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Van Halen
    WACF was 1980. DD was 1982.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Van Halen
    Diver Down is the major blemish on the DLR-era. What a waste of time and talent, but I'm sure they cashed out bigly.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,954
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Grateful Dead

Diver Down is the major blemish on the DLR-era. What a waste of time and talent, but I'm sure they cashed out bigly.

Disagree. I think it has some great tracks.

CSB time. I was walking home drunk on NE 40th back from the Ave to my Wallingford House in college. This old hippy dude was having a garage sale at like 1AM in the morning. I bought his minty pressings of Diver Down and Tattoo You (shout out to @DerekJohnson ) for $1.00 each.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Van Halen

CSB time. I was walking home drunk on NE 40th back from the Ave to my Wallingford House in college. This old hippy dude was having a garage sale at like 1AM in the morning. I bought his minty pressings of Diver Down and Tattoo You (shout out to @DerekJohnson ) for $1.00 each.
    CSB.

The best track on DD is like #50 in their overall body of work, though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Grateful Dead

CSB.

Let me lay some cultural superiority on you, fren. Big Bad Bill and Happy Trails are the 2 best VH songs of all time.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2022
    Van Halen

CSB.

Let me lay some cultural superiority on you, fren. Big Bad Bill and Happy Trails are the 2 best VH songs of all time.
    JFC. You are banned from your own board for making that statement.

Edit: Happy Trails doesn't even have guitar. That's like saying one of the best items on the menu at Chick-fil-A is their fucking yogurt parfait!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Grateful Dead

CSB.

JFC. You are banned from you're on board for making that statement.
    Lulz.

Getting shitfaced and singing Happy Trails is a UW rowboat party tradition.

I think Hang 'em High and and Little Guitars are in the top 20 DLR era tracks.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2022
    Van Halen

CSB.

JFC. You are banned from you're on board for making that statement.
    Lulz.

Getting shitfaced and singing Happy Trails is a UW rowboat party tradition.

I think Hang 'em High and and Little Guitars are in the top 20 DLR era tracks.
    You are a master baiter. I will give you that.

No @puppylove_sugarsteel , but then again who amongst us truly is?
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,100
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Van Halen
    I never get down on Diver Down. Takes me back to junior high. Sure, it has covers, but the originals are great. Diver Down was released to keep the fans engaged as Roth knew that they were in the middle of the MTV age and to strike while the iron was hot. The VH brothers couldn’t be bothered with that stuff. I believe EVH said he would rather bomb with his own material rather than bomb as a cover band. Well, I listened to VH3 and that album sucks major league ass.

Presence is to Led Zeppelin why Diver Down is to VH
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not be be a one upper, but I got Diver Down from Columbia House for 1 cent.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

I never get down on Diver Down. Takes me back to junior high. Sure, it has covers, but the originals are great. Diver Down was released to keep the fans engaged as Roth knew that they were in the middle of the MTV age and to strike while the iron was hot. The VH brothers couldn’t be bothered with that stuff. I believe EVH said he would rather bomb with his own material rather than bomb as a cover band. Well, I listened to VH3 and that album sucks major league ass.

Presence is to Led Zeppelin why Diver Down is to VH

Wrong
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Grateful Dead

Yeah, but were you drunk walking home from the Ave?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,624
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Creedence Clearwater Revival

You can replace California with American

Basically. Almost all the real contenders are California groups.
    Hi Harv!
    Harv is a digital fag as I understand it.

That's not me.
    He's into jam bands
    I thought he was a Spindoctors, Blues Traveler, Phish type.

Yeah, but were you drunk walking home from the Ave?
    You kidding? Damone drove the Gremlin.