Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What are Cauce and Cohen doing?

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
If they don't raise more money for the NIL program and get more momentum going, season ticket sales are going to tank. USC recently poached Bynum and will eat our lunch.

If they can't get it done, they should resign.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I think they are going to use the three year window of blaming Jimmy for everything

I doubt Cauce has to answer to anyone for the football team unless there's another Seattle Times expose.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I am not worried I got Karen ramming in charge of NIL. She working for the ducks
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I think they are going to use the three year window of blaming Jimmy for everything

I doubt Cauce has to answer to anyone for the football team unless there's another Seattle Times expose.
    Board of Regents. But is there anyone who cares about a football program that brings in $200 plus million and has a stadium / land worth roughly $1 billion?

It's crazy to me how they don't care enough about these very fruitful / valuable assets.
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

I am not worried I got Karen ramming in charge of NIL. She working for the ducks

Where is Steph Curry if not for the Rammer
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022
    MakaDawg said:

She cares about the football program just like she cares about every other program at the school is what she told me…
    100% true. Soccer = Cross country = softball = tennis = football = beach volleyball = golf = basketball = gymnastics…etc ..

They are all equal.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022

Upper campus is happy with the program and Lake would still be coach if not for the shoving incident and the shitting on Oregon academis.

I doubt what Lake said about Oregon's academics really had any part in his firing and I bet many of our BOR agree with the basic premise -- even if Lake said it in a clumsy way (the way he tried to tie it to recruiting).

Scott Woodward said very similar things when he was AD here... Oregon's academics are horrible.

It is an objective fact that Oregon is a shitty academic school.

I wanted Lake fired over the loss to Montana and our shitty production on offense and a defense that couldn't stop the run. What he said about Oregon's academics wasn't a problem for me and I doubt it was a problem for a lot of UW alumni.

Not on its own, it was just a straw on the camels back. Above all else, don’t do anything that requires a public apology.

The UW football world resembles nothing like when pool boy ran the show.

I wanted lake fired in 2020 when he lost to stanford.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If Lake would have prefaced his bash on Oregon by capitalizing STUDENT athletes he would have gotten an extension.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2022
    Cauce and 0reg0n's prez. are good buddies, and in Cauce's eyes, I doubt it's in the "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" kinda way.

It appears she genuinely thinks the guy is her friend and that should tell us all we? need to know.

Both Cohen and Cauce need to go. It starts at the top.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Upper campus is happy with the program and Lake would still be coach if not for the shoving incident and the shitting on Oregon academis.

I doubt what Lake said about Oregon's academics really had any part in his firing and I bet many of our BOR agree with the basic premise -- even if Lake said it in a clumsy way (the way he tried to tie it to recruiting).

Scott Woodward said very similar things when he was AD here... Oregon's academics are horrible.

I wanted Lake fired over the loss to Montana and our shitty production on offense and a defense that couldn't stop the run. What he said about Oregon's academics wasn't a problem for me and I doubt it was a problem for a lot of UW alumni.

Not on its own, it was just a straw on the camels back. Above all else, don’t do anything that requires a public apology.

You mean the Stanford team that was practicing in a parking garage the week leading up to the game?
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Probably playing with each others starfish.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Emoterman said:

You mean the Stanford team that was practicing in a parking garage the week leading up to the game?
    hey, hey, now… that park they were practicing in is actually nicer than Berkeley’s stadium facilities, and it was very helpful… they used the trees to simulate the action of our linebackers.
    I snorted.