Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm not sure the Huskies can win on the road at Reser.

124»

Comments

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We need to here from RacoonHarry on this topic. Maybe a 5 reasons version of why Reser is a tuff place to play.

I will prime the pump.

1. Buzzing chainsaw on the PA before 3rd down.

Well, a lot of pretty good teams have gone down at Reser. USC seems to usually have trouble there. Of course in 2010-11, when the Beavs sucked, it wasn't so tough. Sac State would verify that statement. If you're implying the Huskies won't have a problem at Reser this year I would, respectfully of course, disagree. OSU is back to pretty good and we all know the Huskies aren't exactly kings of the road.

Not to be a complete spoil sport with your post I would add a second point to the chainsaw reference (excellent first point, by the way). The PA guy yelling "and that's another OSU FIRST DOWN" after the Beavers move the chains is very intimidating. Admittedly, I don't have any scientific evidence to back up that claim but it just seems so sitting in the stands.
    UW will have trouble there. But not because it is a tough place to play, but because OSU has a good team and 7 win Steve is likely to shit the bed.
    Of course in 2010-11, when the Beavs sucked, it wasn't so tough.

What you're saying is Reser isn't a tough place to play unless OSU is a good team. Brilliant observation. That's why I pay $500 a year for this place.
    The PA guy yelling "and that's another OSU FIRST DOWN" after the Beavers move the chains is very intimidating.
    It's tough in Pullman when they do that too. And jingling their keys at the kickoff sends shivers down my spine.

Ah, I think I have this down. When OSU is a good team Reser is a tough venue but when they suck it's not? Shit, I never really thought of it that way. That's why I come here - to be schooled by the deep thinkers. Thanks, man.

To clarify, I hate Reser fucking black/orange accented turf stadium with all the trailer trash black/orange garbed no tooth goobers in the stands, the chain saw sound, the ugly-ass Beaver mascot, Corvallis, basketball coach Robinson-Obama and just about everything Beaver except for maybe nice guy Coach "Four Loss" Riley. Even the cheerleaders aren't that hot.

However, IN MY OPINION I do believe Reser is a tough place to play even when OSU is just a mediocre team. Tougher than just about any Pac-12 venue, save Autzen. I bet USC would say the same thing. The Beavs get up for Washington, maybe not like Oregon does but it will be a war. I don't see the Huskies pulling that one out but I hope I'm wrong.

P.S. The OSU FIRST DOWN reference was tongue in cheek but you probably knew that. Aside from WSU I wonder if any other college does that crap. I've heard it at high schools, which is where it belongs. It's annoying there too.
    UW fans saying Reser is a tough place to play is a great example of what we have become.

Since the game moved from Portland to Cowvalis (LOL!) in 1965, UW holds a 15-7 advantage. 3 of those loses 7 loses came in the last 10 years when UW has sucked balls. In fact, in that time frame, UW has lost 4 to them at home. So maybe Husky Stadium is a tough place for UW to play OSU.

I see no correlation AND no causation that Reser is a tough place to play. No more so than any road game for the hapless and then mediocre Huskies.
    Going back to 1965???

# of times UW faced the Beavs when they were ranked in the 70'-90's = 0

It has already happened 4 times since 2000.

As I posted before, DJ only faced a ranked NW team 3 times in his career. Not an excuse, but the landscape of college football has changed. (I am sure this is Sec 2.265 of the Doog handbook)

Reser is not a tough venue/atmoshpere, but as Capt. Obvious stated, the Beavs have had some good teams at times, and have beat ranked teams like Wisconsin, Boise St, USC (twice) and are 3-3 vs Oregon at home over the last 10 yrs.

Once again the truth is somewhere floating in the middle.

This year we not only need to win at OSU, we SHOULD win at OSU.
    So you are arguing with me while agreeing with me? Good Christ, you suck at this.

It is slowly coming to you, but it has taken more time than I expected.

At least there is hope.

• Options

And once again the lame ass Irish doog with Don James had it easy take. Thanks ass wipe. We haven't heard that a thousand timed before. Go play with matches

Someone getting frustrated because they can't paint with their broad brush?

Need a hug??
  • Options
    BAMAdawg10BAMAdawg10 Member Posts: 145
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

We need to here from RacoonHarry on this topic. Maybe a 5 reasons version of why Reser is a tuff place to play.

I will prime the pump.

Well, a lot of pretty good teams have gone down at Reser. USC seems to usually have trouble there. Of course in 2010-11, when the Beavs sucked, it wasn't so tough. Sac State would verify that statement. If you're implying the Huskies won't have a problem at Reser this year I would, respectfully of course, disagree. OSU is back to pretty good and we all know the Huskies aren't exactly kings of the road.

Not to be a complete spoil sport with your post I would add a second point to the chainsaw reference (excellent first point, by the way). The PA guy yelling "and that's another OSU FIRST DOWN" after the Beavers move the chains is very intimidating. Admittedly, I don't have any scientific evidence to back up that claim but it just seems so sitting in the stands.
    UW will have trouble there. But not because it is a tough place to play, but because OSU has a good team and 7 win Steve is likely to shit the bed.

What you're saying is Reser isn't a tough place to play unless OSU is a good team. Brilliant observation. That's why I pay $500 a year for this place.
    The PA guy yelling "and that's another OSU FIRST DOWN" after the Beavers move the chains is very intimidating.
    It's tough in Pullman when they do that too. And jingling their keys at the kickoff sends shivers down my spine.

Ah, I think I have this down. When OSU is a good team Reser is a tough venue but when they suck it's not? Shit, I never really thought of it that way. That's why I come here - to be schooled by the deep thinkers. Thanks, man.

To clarify, I hate Reser fucking black/orange accented turf stadium with all the trailer trash black/orange garbed no tooth goobers in the stands, the chain saw sound, the ugly-ass Beaver mascot, Corvallis, basketball coach Robinson-Obama and just about everything Beaver except for maybe nice guy Coach "Four Loss" Riley. Even the cheerleaders aren't that hot.

However, IN MY OPINION I do believe Reser is a tough place to play even when OSU is just a mediocre team. Tougher than just about any Pac-12 venue, save Autzen. I bet USC would say the same thing. The Beavs get up for Washington, maybe not like Oregon does but it will be a war. I don't see the Huskies pulling that one out but I hope I'm wrong.

P.S. The OSU FIRST DOWN reference was tongue in cheek but you probably knew that. Aside from WSU I wonder if any other college does that crap. I've heard it at high schools, which is where it belongs. It's annoying there too.
    UW fans saying Reser is a tough place to play is a great example of what we have become.

Since the game moved from Portland to Cowvalis (LOL!) in 1965, UW holds a 15-7 advantage. 3 of those loses 7 loses came in the last 10 years when UW has sucked balls. In fact, in that time frame, UW has lost 4 to them at home. So maybe Husky Stadium is a tough place for UW to play OSU.

I see no correlation AND no causation that Reser is a tough place to play. No more so than any road game for the hapless and then mediocre Huskies.

Going back to 1965???

As I posted before, DJ only faced a ranked NW team 3 times in his career. Not an excuse, but the landscape of college football has changed. (I am sure this is Sec 2.265 of the Doog handbook)

Reser is not a tough venue/atmoshpere, but as Capt. Obvious stated, the Beavs have had some good teams at times, and have beat ranked teams like Wisconsin, Boise St, USC (twice) and are 3-3 vs Oregon at home over the last 10 yrs.

For someone who's claimed that he wants Sark gone and/or doesn't like Sark, you sure seem to make a lot of arguments that attempt to make him look better.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

And once again the lame ass Irish doog with Don James had it easy take. Thanks ass wipe. We haven't heard that a thousand timed before. Go play with matches

Need a hug??
    Fag
  • Options

Need a hug??
    Fag
    Man, what is the right response to that around here??

Oh yeah, pressing.
  • Options

Need a hug??
    Fag

Oh yeah, pressing.
    Another swing and a miss. The correct answer was "$75,000".
    I will get the hallway lingo down.

I just need more time.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Need a hug??
    Fag($75,000)
    Fixed
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Need a hug??
    Fag($75,000)
    Fixed
    KobeStopper beat you by 53 seconds

• Options

Need a hug??
    Fag

Oh yeah, pressing.
    Another swing and a miss. The correct answer was "$75,000".
    I will get the hallway lingo down.

I just need more tim.

• Options
    edited August 2013

I will prime the pump.

Going back to 1965???

For someone who's claimed that he wants Sark gone and/or doesn't like Sark, you sure seem to make a lot of arguments that attempt to make him look better.

Doog answer: Reser is Death Valley West

Noog answer: we never lost to the Beavs when grandpa took me to the games, we should not lose to them ever

Logical fan answer: the Beavs have had some good teams that have played well at times at home pulling off some huge upsets. But other times like 2011, there is no excuse for losing there. And like I said earlier 2013 is one of those seasons where UW should win @ Reser.

If you want to spin that as pro Sark, then I can't help you and that just furthers my point about Doog and Noog thinking.

But you actually sounded reasonable and will probably agree with my response.
  • Options

Looks like water is still wet today

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Need a hug??
    Fag($75,000)
    Fixed
    KobeStopper beat you by 53 seconds

agree