Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Imagine being a Michigan fan and seeing where you sit in the world of Big Boy CFB

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
First 100 years of sport you were on the Mount Rushmore of sport.

Last 20 (and tonight) you have seen athletically you aren't in same area code of the very very best teams in CFB.

Comments

• Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    they see that every year against ohio
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam

they see that every year against ohio

True, but tonight against Georgia's defense may be even another level up from the Buckeyes.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    godawgst said:

Last 20 (and tonight) you have seen athletically you aren't in same area code of the very very best teams in CFB.

This is basically every team outside of the top of the SEC and Clemson. Nobody should be surprised.

Oklahoma has been close once to winning a game and had some good teams, but notre dame, uw, fsu, cincy, Michigan and Michigan state are all the exact same story.
  • Options

The best part is that this Michigan team has talent that is tiers above what we can ever hope to stock on our roster. And Georgia beat them like children. I hope the NIL hastens the death of this once proud sport so I can finally kick my addiction to this small-time program of cockless dipshits.

Vita vea didnt even start in 2016 and Byron Murphy redshirted and never played. Talent can be acquired at that level. Certainly isn’t there at the moment. That Michigan team was not some unbeatable force this year even though lakes crew made them look that way.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,281
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    https://gohuskies.com/sports/football/roster/2016

I mean just scrolling through there are a lot of names that sniffed the league at a minimum, including Eifler LOL.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2022

The best part is that this Michigan team has talent that is tiers above what we can ever hope to stock on our roster. And Georgia beat them like children. I hope the NIL hastens the death of this once proud sport so I can finally kick my addiction to this small-time program of cockless dipshits.

I was able to rip the band aid off this year. I’m actually looking forward to the calls from the husky ticket office and telling them why, after 35 years, I will no longer be renewing.
    I did it last year. Didn’t miss anything. In fact, best decision ever. The stupidest thing that stalled me was not wanting to lose my E12 parking pass. A fucking parking pass!!!!
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I was able to rip the band aid off this year. I’m actually looking forward to the calls from the husky ticket office and telling them why, after 35 years, I will no longer be renewing.
    You times several thousand won't get through the insanity that is the University of Washington. They declared war a very long time ago.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    This sport is dead from a competition standpoint until they actually fix it … which likely won’t happen because it would require the SEC to agree that change is needed and why would they do that?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,046
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

My dad let go of his tickets in spring 2019 (after 61 years of being a season ticket holder) and he still gets calls every couple of months.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

This sport is dead from a competition standpoint until they actually fix it … which likely won’t happen because it would require the SEC to agree that change is needed and why would they do that?

Are they suppose to not be as good? What is the sec suppose to do to placate to the physically challenged leagues below them?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Lol, we lost to Michigan...badly.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,053
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2022
    It wasn't that long ago we? could all imagine losing a cfb playoff gayme. But yeah, poor meatchicken, an actually good academis school with an actually elite tradition on the gridiron(that's what I like to call it).

I'd pay money for a 'things doogs say' jeopardy meme gif.

For 100.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

It wasn't that long ago we? could all imagine losing a cfb playoff gayme. But yeah, poor meatchicken, an actually good academis school with an actually elite tradition on the gridiron(that's what I like to call it).

I'd pay money for a 'things doogs say' jeopardy meme gif.

For 100.

There were UW fans that pretended that Chip’s run at Oregon wasn’t that impressive because they never won the natty.