Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He was awful at UW. He was awful at UCLA. Good pick up.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    DB coach and paasing game coordinator.

So offensive and defensive coach?
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I will give anyone a pass for being awful at UW, first on field coaching job or not. Meat’s bio on the Oregon site even had a few paragraphs for his accomplishments at Arizona, but this is all there is for Washington:

As for him being awful at UCLA, it looks like his first year there they were eighth in passing defense in the conference. After that they never finished worse than fourth, were first in 2015, and third a few times. He was also the primary recruiter for number one overall recruit Jaelan Phillips, and Pro Bowl starter Kenny Clark. Tallest midgets and all, but Colorado’s best group is the DBs. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t suck, but Oregon had to pay $150k just to buy him out a month early so they think he doesn’t.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,751
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Better hire than JohnDon.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I will give anyone a pass for being awful at UW, first on field coaching job or not. Meat’s bio on the Oregon site even had a few paragraphs for his accomplishments at Arizona, but this is all there is for Washington:

As for him being awful at UCLA, it looks like his first year there they were eighth in passing defense in the conference. After that they never finished worse than fourth, were first in 2015, and third a few times. He was also the primary recruiter for number one overall recruit Jaelan Phillips, and Pro Bowl starter Kenny Clark. Tallest midgets and all, but Colorado’s best group is the DBs. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t suck, but Oregon had to pay $150k just to buy him out a month early so they think he doesn’t.
    You shouldn't give him a pass. Meat's defensive backfields were the hallmarks of those legendary Nick Holt defenses. Heyward replaced Meat and flipped that unit around almost over night.

He can recruit, but it's becoming pretty clear that that's not going to be the concern with Lanning's new staff.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You shouldn't give him a pass. Meat's defensive backfields were the hallmarks of those legendary Nick Holt defenses. Heyward replaced Meat and flipped that unit around almost over night.

He can recruit, but it's becoming pretty clear that that's not going to be the concern with Lanning's new staff.
    I'm not going to dig so forgive me in advance for fucking up the facts. Meat must have recruited Trufant and Ducre. Trufant was a lightly recruited tap in home town guy. Ducre similar but not local. I don't remember if Peters came after Heyward was hired but I think so.

So those are his two best recruits that I can remember and neither was any kind of notable recruiting win.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Better hire than JohnDon.

Is that the bar these days?